Hello there,

I've been around for quite some time but now i need to subscribe to motivate myself in my ongoing project...

I'm working on a very special room to me: death star toilets ! Hope to write more about it soon...

Cheers from France !

I really don't remember if I posted to this thread when I made my account, but I've been lurking for four years and feel it's time to try to get involved as I get back to prop building and such. So hello everyone! Not sure what else to say. Most of my prop/costume stuff is Star Wars, Pokemon, and Fallout, right now.

Hello all. I've heard about the RPF for a long time and found myself coming here to look for a prop to commission or buy for a film I am making. I am on the lookout for a Motorola DynaTAC 8000X Replica. It can either be a solid or cast replica or possibly something with internal illumination. If you have something to show, please let me know. Thanks!

Mack Lewis
Boise, ID

Hi, everyone.

I've been away for so long that the email provider I used to sign up many moons ago has long gone belly up, so this is both a return and a new beginning.

I've had a longtime interest in film, propmaking, and model building, and can even state with absolute confidence the day it started, which was the day of my friend's birthday back in May, 1977, when his dad took us to see Star Wars.

I was blown away by the props, models, spaceships, costumes, all of it. I found it all absolutely convincing, spent the next few weeks learning about John Dykstra and ILM, and started building models of my own. This was/is both great, in that I enjoy it, but tragic in that I also suck at it.

My prop interest is strongly focused on Sci-Fi, and within that category weapons and spacecraft. I've accumulated a few nice props, whether through building or purchase, I have certain "holy grails," as we all do, and I just find it a lot of fun as the community tends to be like-minded folks.

Looking forward to coming back into the fold!

Hello! I've lurked on the RPF for years but was always too intimidated by the talent here to post anything. I'm looking forward to making some new friends and learning new things!

Hey. I'm Richard. I'll be posting my prop replicas I've bought. I'm currently looking to buy a custom painted (blued or screen accurate) Tomenosuke or Racprops Blade Runner PKD M2019 Blaster.

Hello I am a SciFi collector, modeler going back to when I but the USS Enterprise for my woodshop class in high school. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Hello all. New to the forum, and pretty new to replica props. I haven't made anything myself, but found out about this group from watching Tested with Adam Savage. I've been here a few times trying to identify something in the past, and finally decided to join so maybe I can contribute at some point. Looking forward to being here.

Been here for a while before I noticed this forum...ooops, mostly I do wood and leather working style props, but I'm very much a novice with leather, still learning and making mistakes, which can get quite expensive, but it's a skill worth learning I feel.

Hi everyone,

I've been a luker on this this forum for ages, and finally decided join up. I'm a animator/Sound designer living in Wales. Im currently working for Big Finish productions as a freelancer. Im not new to props and building models, even collecting them. Ive been fortunate to have worked on stop motion projects and TV serials as an creative. And although my background is now working as a CG animator and sound designer creating props has been a hobby I've kept up. Most recently I've delved into Muppet replicas, something I tried doing in my teens and failed miserably.. but now have the confidence to work on them in-between work commitments.

I plan on making a thread showing my process and ways I've gone about creating them, which I hope will help others. (especially those in the UK who have issues finding materials and alternatives)

Hello. My name is Dennis. Reside near Orlando Florida. Disabled, so I am trying to keep my self busy. So I figured that replicating props from movies I love would be a great way to pass time.

Hey RPF! I'm Tree, I'm from Tampa Florida, and Adam Savage's Tested brought me here, idk why it's taken me so long to register and actually start engaging on the site, but I'm here to learn all I can! 3D printing, and Polymer Clay sculpting have been what I've been working with the most so far, but I'm just beginning, taking all the classes I can at my local hackerspace.

One question I've been searching for the answer to, does anybody know who made the Puckmaren from Flight of the Navigator?

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff
Hello. I'm grif. I make lightsabers and love watching and learning from others. I'll be lurking:). Thanks for having me.

Dave here. A friend of mine got me into cosplay a few years ago. I've been lurking on and off since then and just recently decided to join up. I'm still a greenhorn as far as my cosplay skills go, so I'm here to learn.

IMG_20190119_135427.jpg
Hello Everyone,
Going to make my way around and explore the builds...looks like an awesome site.

I'm new to building I'm sure I will learn new technology here that will help my builds.

In progress Ironman MK4 and Lego Batman for Mega Con in May.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm from Ohio. I like to build things I think are cool. I usually like to build gifts, if I think of something cool and think of someone that might enjoy it, I do it and give it to them. I recently built a Mystic Seer for my dad and a Swamp of Sadness playset for my sister. I dabble in a little bit of everything, it really just depends on what I feel like doing at the time. I don't mind helping others and would totally be interested in collaborating with someone on a project or two!
Hi there, I'm looking to build a Star Trek Enterprise Scanner

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back