Hello!

My fiancee and I have been cosplaying for a few years now, and occasionally found info here on The RPF in order to succeed. Today, I decided to join the community in order to take on a project we've been hoping to try for a few years now. Thanks for all your wonderful advice!

Long time lurker, and new time poster! Every post here has been in some way, shape, or form an inspiration to my process. While I have not pursued building and casting, my passion is in the painting of iconic pieces to include several SW helmets and a studio scale Falcon. My collection is based merely around the small size of my display area/office, so nothing as impressive as everyone else!

Hi everyone! I was just informed that this community existed - through my You Tube account. I'm very excited to have found it and look forward to visiting with and learning from all of you! I'm a huge Firefly fan!! I'm not sure how to add pics or links here so that may be my first learning experience.

Thanks!
Bill

Hey All!

I've been following the RPF for years but only recently jumped into the community. I figure I've gained enough insight and knowledge from the community without really contributing and it's about time I paid it forward to anyone I can! I also just joined a community maker space in Philadelphia so I'll be able to have a more dedicated shop for crafting and learning in the coming year.

I've focused primarily on blasters, working on building the trifecta of Harrison Ford replicas so I figured I'd letcha see what I've been working on!

First build is ANH DL-44 all metal hero prop. This was two years ago, I think before Dark Energy Creations started offering full kits. I sourced a few parts from them along with a local machinist and a replica Denix revolver. Other elements were 3D printed at Shapeways.

18301826_10158614611510203_4236733785711680218_n.jpg

My most recent blaster is the Detective Special. Thankful enough to have gotten a beautiful casting from Richard Coyle. His help and advice in building this one has been incredible, regardless of how many ridiculously tiny screws there are. Still have a ton of work to do on this one, but wanted to share in case anyone has advice for finishing. I tend to get ahead of myself and just try to complete a project before it's actually ready. Regardless, really happy with the way this is turning out. Can't wait to actually get into final painting!

Untitled.jpg

Other than that, I'm pretty green. I've done a ton of my own sewing and stuff for NYCC bur really hoping to hone in and learn a ton at this new maker space. If anyone is local to PA, the spot is called NextFab and it looks like a great community. Would love to meet up with some other fellow makers!

Anyway, thanks for checking out my stuff. Really looking forward to becoming apart of the RPF world!

Attachments

• 52954329266__4556124C-27F3-4A1B-87DB-60766D67724B.jpeg
    52954329266__4556124C-27F3-4A1B-87DB-60766D67724B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hey there all,

I've been a sci fi nut since I first watched Star Wars many many years ago, I've been buying props for about 20 years but got in to 3D printing about 2 years ago and have just taken up airbrushing, I found a mention to this site on another forum and I wish I had found it sooner, within no time I found a replica prop for one of my most wanted items in moments, glad to be here and I hope to find lots of ideas for my own projects.

Hi all ,my name is Joe .I'm from China .Excuse me for my poor English.But i 'm really exiting to be a member here. Because i'm a great fan of Marvel and DC comics . I decided to make my first iron man suit in 2014 . Now i have build a small team making iron man suits ,batman costumes and other replica costumes and props from famous movies and games.You can view our product in :https://joetoyss.com
I found there are a lot of brilliant people here. I hope to study from each other .
Here are some of our works .I'd like to know your comments.Thanks !.QQ??20171003090719.jpg

Attachments

• ????_20170929114747.jpg
    ????_20170929114747.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 33
Greetings everyone. I'm a Star Wars fan (particularly the OT) from Northern Ireland. I mainly collected 1/6th scale figures however I started building my first ever ship model this year, the Deagostini Millennium Falcon.

I recently purchased a very special Star Wars piece at a local auction and in my quest to find out what I can about it I've ended up at this forum to ask the experts!

Hi, everyone, (sorry for my english)

Im from Venezuela, i im big fan of customing and cosplaying, howrever it is difficult because the economic crisis of my country, but that dont stop me, to make props, replicas or costumes. It is a hobby and something i enjoy and love to doing. I have a lot of pepakura files, so if anyone wants o request something specific and i have it... Without problem i can share whatever file you need people... Fly Safe and Thanks to all.

Hello everybody,

My name is; Anton, I`m 28 year`s, i`m from The Netherlands, and already 10 year`s "active" in the Fantasy scene in my country, and never made my own prop`s.... "shame" But i`d use`d to buy some things, and din`t hade time to create my own prop`s and tings. Now my life is not a rollercoaster anymore, and i`ve realised that it`s not just the monny that buy`s the happyness, it`s the time and fun you have making you`re own things, and that`s worth more monny can buy.

And just recently i`ve found this place, it`s amazing how many tip`s & trick`s are share`d here.
So i`ve recently started to look around here, for idea`s and way to create my own prop`s, weps and armor`s.
I dont have alot of experiance on building prop`s, we`ll none acualy... :facepalm So i`ve join`d here, and hope to learn and share the things i learn and find, so we all benefit.

If you have a qeustion, tips / trick`s, ore a good joke, don`t hesitate send a pm ore shout out to me.

Cheers,

Chaosdagger

Hey everybody,
I am Will from Balt. Md. USA.
Just found this site and it looks interesting. I am an avid collector of screenplays (pdfs) and always looking to add to my digital library.
I hope to get to know many of you.

Hi all, I'm Lise from TWWProps. I have an Etsy site called The Weapons Workbench, you can see a lot of my work there (https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWeaponsWorkbench?ref=hdr_shop_menu). I mostly work in the Fallout universe, though I want to expand out of that. I started making pipe rifles as a way of amusing myself while I was unemployed. I've graduated to other things since then, including armor. At the moment I'm working on the missile launcher from Fallout 4.

Trunk.JPGSO_11.JPGCA_G_06.JPG

Been lurking for a while, and finally got around to making an account. I've always had an interest in replica props and costuming, and have just started to attempt to build a few things myself. Starting off with a couple Blade Runner blasters: one 3D printed, and the other a water gun conversion.

Good evening my fellow gal's n gouls ... I think this is where you introduce yourself at if not maybe someone will direct me to the correct spot I registered here because I love to build models!! All types ...I put together a polar lights headless horseman a while back and been hooked ever since. I might put a pic up for it was my first model and it turned out pretty sweet. So that is why I am here and hopefully the atmosphere is as awesome as I hope and l will stay in the company of all you fine folks... Happy trails

Hi All,
SkyWulfe here...

Just want to say hi!... I love Star Wars and Sci-Fi... I like dressing up and work in the film industry (shhhhh).
I will say hi and be check out all the cool threads.

Hi All,

Ive lurked here for a bit.. then lost my account and remade one.

I've been a dedicated costumer since 2009 and have built and sewn many of my own costumes, and also bought or commissioned pieces as well. I am the Commanding Officer of the Finest: A G.I. Joe Costume Club and have made over 15 GI Joe costumes- I have made over 60 of my own personal costumes and been commissioned for over a dozen. I am amazed a the talented people on here- you are very inspiring.

Good morning Everyone,

I'm late to the introduction party here, so here goes:

New to making, but am looking to get started. I'm interested in predominantly weapon props from Sci-Fi films and video games, largely firearms (or firearm type?). I have zero knowledge as I am new to this, but am looking to learn!

Thanks
ColinD

I don't want to draw too much attention to my profile name, but the game Portal really has nothing to do with prop making unless I make the portal gun or the companion cube; which I haven't to say the least. Hi. My name is Mike. I'm more of a novice at this whole prop making and costume design thing but I'm willing to turn over every rock and search every corner to find out more about it because I really want to make this a career of sorts. But enough about me. Now I'm more inclined to discuss project ideas and my method to my own madness, but if anything; I just think that imagination can have it's own madness to it, but that's another post entirely. Let's just say that this is definitely my first rodeo, but as I've said before: I'm willing to learn the ropes. Nice to meet everyone. I hope I can stay and forgive me for talking like I'm speaking some kind of code: I'm just getting started so bear with me. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back