Hey All - Was pretty active here from 2002-2006 then Life Happened and I got busy with my pro career, getting married, homeschooling my autistic stepson and having a baby in 2013. My baby girl Inara (yes - from Firefly! - only name we could agree on!) will be four at the end of this month. And with my stepson (11, 6th grade) and Inara in school now I finally have time to get back to my costume passion. I'm still on sabbatical from doing costuming/wardrobe for Film/TV - not sure I will ever be going back in the capacity I once dreamed of b/c in 2008 I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Arthritis. I continued working through my pregnancy in 2013 (I don't recommend that!! LOL) but then decided I needed to be home with my precious treasure who is a little costuming diva herself! There is no cure for my condition and I choose to manage with no meds and good nutrition, but even if I improve my health it's not likely I can handle the physicality of being on set for 15 hour days. So I'm looking at new ways to continue doing what I love. More on that another time. For now, I'm getting ready for Halloween and Conjuration this Fall. We are a costuming family and try to stick to events for now that all of us can attend. I live just north of the Atlanta metro area now. I've been here for 9 years and I can hardly believe it's been that long. My seven year wedding anniversary is coming up this November. Crazy. Glad to be back. Looking forward to reading and learning and sharing, and possibly collaborating!
Have you thought of maybe doing costumes for sale? Letting ppl know up front that it will take time of course.
Btw, I LOVE Firefly!! I knew nothing about it, then two years ago a friend gave me their box set of dvds and I've been wearing them out ever since!
Best wishes to you and Inara!

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Hi,
I'm Vittorio, i came from italy and i'm new in prop making's world
i found The rpf few years ago and i hope to learn new tips about prop making
I'm sorry for my english because i'm italian and it is tv series/films based
- Vittorio

Hi Guys and Gals,

My name is Todd. Been looking to purchase Han Solo and Princess Leia blasters as a wedding gift for friends. Have only been able to find plastic replicas. Stumbled on this forum and thought I might be able to finally get their Wedding Gift. I know WTB thread is where sales go down, just letting you guys know why I've joined the forum.

Thanks!!

Hey guys! Greetings from Peru, I stepped in this place in the midst of my research for millennium falcon studio models, more specifically, the 5 footer because I am detailing my amt-ertl cutaway model.

Hello, I'm a Doctor Who fan and now I'd like to start dressing in costume. I very new to costuming and I'm hoping to glean some knowledge from the experienced. I've did Novice Hame last year for halloween and had a blast! I'm finding it difficult to find costumes/characters that are overweight. I was hoping to be an Adipose this year, but I'm stumped as to what material to use and how to structure the face. I'd like it to be a cover all (my face doesn't stick out) type. All help and tips welcomed. Thanks in advance

Hello everyone, have always been gathering insite on what to build and I love seeing everyones great work; there are some pretty impressive ones. I have never joined a form before, and am excited to learn more from you all and to be apart of this community
My first build was the Takara- Panzer Cop Kerberos Armour last year, finished the original mask for this years AniRevo. Made all from scratch cause there are no templates for this armour I could find other than the mask in pepakura. Thought I would share some insight to anyone looking to build it themselves too.The Kerberos are a dying breed not many know of from Jin-Roh. So its a pleasure to finally meet you all and gain more knowledge on builds to come. ;) I'm planning to build General Gabranth as well, but there are no templates to be found to that either, so it will pretty complex.

IMG_2667.JPG

hi this is me

hello chaps of all genders. i live in n.ireland am a huge batman fan. love judge dredd and 2000ad. into making mad max cars modifying and improving nerf guns and a wee bit of cos play. good to be here, learned about this place from adam savage on you tube. looking forward to some creative inspiration

Hi all!
I'm Anna and I'm still fairly new to cosplay and prop making. This is only my second year doing cosplay and first year making a prop. I'm excited to try out sone worbla now that I'm not under a Con crunch.

Hi guys
I introduce myself,
are Formiche from Italy,
I am truly honored to be part of your community
An old friend of mine advised me to sign up to your site
I was very hesitant because my English is really bad (I hope you will forgive me for my gaf)
but my passion for the props is very large so I decided
to throw myself into the melee
I started creating models more than thirty years ago
I and my dear friend have made incredible adventures
now my friend does not c, it's more
but my passion becomes ever greater
I would be happy to show you my model production if you are interested
I will be happy to have your opinion
even negative if I deserve it
everything is needed to improve
thanks for your attention
I hope you welcome me with sympathy
greetings from the Formiche

sup guys

Im wade or tekton and i have been lurking around this website for years and figured it was time to contribute my own work. But anyway i have made a mando costume, 40k blood angel space marine, and a wow death knight. Im into the making props from the first two aliens movies, lord of the rings star wars warhammer and other video games.

Hello all, I am based in the uk, big fan of all things sci-fi, fantasy, western etc etc. my particular passion is star wars, and lightsabers in particular. looking forward to picking up some tips on prop building!

Hello,
I am from CT and am a big fan of classic movies, particularly the Back to the Future trilogy. I can't remember when I found RPF, but I've been lurking for years and just recently decided to join. I can't wait to add to all of these discussions and am so happy to be a member of this awesome community!

Well, hello there, Redacted117 here.

Came across RPF while searching for a template for Classic iron man.

Turns out, a user already had it over here, and well, though about joining the forum in case I need help in my upcoming works.

I am a newbie cosplayer, got interested in this when I was in 8th standard, only started recently(I am 20 btw), and wanted to try my hands on some propmaking and armor making.
Also, would love to share my progresss pics and builds over here.

Looking forward to the coming months ahead at here :D

Hi, I decided to join the forums after this years DragonCon (2017) while I'm still pumped up about all the prop making stuff I learned there this year.

I have a TFA Luke costume and would like to build a ROTJ (Hero) Luke light saber, because even though it doesn't show him with a light saber, that is the one he would have, theoretically anyway.

I've also build a Rey staff for my daughter and a couple of other staves for my wife and my self. I still consider myself a novice at prop builds, but would love to get more information and practice building new and cool props for cosplay.

Hello from France. I'm Anne-Sophie and I found RPF when searching for tips about many costumes I want to make.
I'm making costumes since 2003 (beginning with LOTR when the third movie came out on screen) and even if they are far from being perfect, I always try to do my best.
I have HP/LOTR/SW costumes in my stash (never SW, I said a long time ago ^^), and now I'm working on a Dracula one.
My speciality, if I can say that, is embroidery. All by hand. So it always takes me a veeeeery long time to finish a thing.
I want also to say sorry in advance if I make typo or grammar mistakes. I'm not very at ease with another language

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back