Haldo from Houston!

Long time lurker and costumer. Just started playing with electronics in my costumes and I'm looking to build on that as well as start making sweet props.

Hi all,

Andre from Germany here. I think I stumbled across this forum a few years ago when some astonishing Space Marine build got linked somewhere. Also, a good friend is a 501st member and suggested I should join him, but I didn't want my first cosplay efforts to be judged by others just to get accepted into the Legion. Maybe when I've got a few builds under my belt...

Been to a few cons since then with a "low effort" 11th Doctor. After seeing all these great costumes at cons (and here of course) I've now jumped into the fray and my kitchen table is currently a disaster area of floor mats and Worbla sheets :)

heyyyy all,

Michelle "9Lives" here! On and off lurker, I finally feel comfortable creating a profile and adding some work to it! I'm a noob prop/armor maker hobbyist, here to get feedback, learn and get better. I've played with wiring, arduino, arduino mini, neopixels, sculpting, molding and casting alone so I'm hoping to learn lots being here :)

My hope for this year is to join the 501st, finish building my 3d printer, finish some of my current projects and start something BIG! I hope to see a lot of you at DragonCon 2016!!

Hey Guys,
I'm new (yeah we know that, right?)

I'm from south-western Germany (border to France and swiss)
I'm 17 years old and started making Costumes years ago. But everything started with my mandalorian Armor, that was about 4 years ago.

My costumes are mostly from Star Wars, but im working on so much other stuff right now!

Here is some of my work:

12573970_1043116162378590_7696515920563210665_n.jpg11905761_808077422623864_7305043867415167198_n.jpg10527500_921663114523896_4903593526821098106_n.png12190925_1004205052936368_5518568803015582956_n.jpg
Kylo Ren (still WiP kinda) My Mandalorian Plaguedoctor Post-apocalyptic outfit
(old pic, the blue one!)

What im working on right now:
-AT-DP Driver / Imperial Combat Driver Armor
-DeathWatch Supercommando (Maul-mando)
-upgrading my Kylo Ren
-upgrading my blue Beskar'gam
-upgrading my Plaguedoctor

What i want to do in future:
-Raptor ***** Cosplay
-Papa Emeritus II Cosplay (from the Band ghost)
-another mandalorian armor?
-Gothic digger and/or guardist from the old camp (gothic the game)

Hello guys 'n gals,

Daniel here, from Spain. I've been doing Costuming and Cosplaying for almost 15 years now. I've been out for it for a long time but picking pace up again, and where better to begin than in theRPF?? Exactly, nowhere better.

I'm now working on a Deadpool movie costume, but I've got some other projects stuffed in boxes. My proudest so far? -Altaïr from Assassin's Creed.DPL_9009.jpgDPL_9011.jpgDPL_9010.jpg

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Salutations citizens!

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello, I'm new (obviously!), but I've been lurking for about a year. I don't have much experience yet with building things, but I've got an account over at mandalorian mercs (my name there is MandoLando). Anyway, mostly I've got small Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and Star Wars collections which I hope to build.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, I'm new (obviously!), but I've been lurking for about a year. I don't have much experience yet with building things, but I've got an account over at mandalorian mercs (my name there is MandoLando). Anyway, mostly I've got small Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and Star Wars collections which I hope to build.

Hello everyone,

Greetings from the far side of the globe, all the way in New Zealand! I've been a fan of special effects for decades, from the space ships in Star Wars, gory horror movies and CGI. Star Wars left its mark on me when I was about 6 years old, and never left. I had the Kenner toys, the E-11 Stormtrooper Rifle and Han Solo's Blaster.

Fast forward to age 44, and I'm a stay-at-home dad to a 2.5 year old boy. He's already learning about Star Wars ;) I used to do a lot of gaming over the years, and it made a good escape during the precious quiet times I might get during the day. However, I've been itching actually get my hands on things, build stuff.
The Face Off tv show from the SyFy channel got me thinking I should actually do something about it. So, I tidied up the garage, sorted my tools, built a work bench and now I'm ready to get stuck into some projects!

I've been gathering Hasbro blasters to start with, a Phase I Clone helmet to convert, a fibreglass Phase II Clone helmet to finish, and an Anovos Stormtrooper kit is on the way - now THAT will fulfill a lifelong dream! Other than building model kits by Airfix when I was aged 8-12, I haven't done any building. I know no painting techniques. This will be a journey of discovery.

oLjpNG3.jpg

Hi all,

I'm completely new to all this. I have recently finished my first costume, AoU Cap. Moving on I started looking for good Thor prop makers, I don't know where to find anything, so if any of you guys can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

It'll take me a while to get used to this, so please bare with me.

Thanks in advance, Stuart

Hello everyone,

I'm an amateur costumer and am branching out my skills into the prop world in order to make better costumes. This is a whole new skill set for me and the learning curve has been huge but so much fun. I'm playing around with small things to get my hands into it with an eye on making a Togruta headpiece from Star Wars (specifically, Shaak Ti). I have heard about the RPF from a number of places and people and they've all had nothing but good things to say about this place. I look forward to learning more.

Thanks,
Ninka

Hey guys! New to the forum! Haven't done a whole lot of props myself, but being that my dad is Dean Dymerski I've been around them all of my life. I've been into Warhammer 40,000 for a few years, and just recently got really into a new hobby, which is building functioning Airsoft sci-fi weapons! My pulse rifle project is almost done, and next is the M56 Smart Gun! Hope to see interest in these projects as well as get help and support from the community!

hello new friends

My name is Vincent or Vinnie as they call me at work. i'm a storytelling and communications designer by day for a local footwear company here in Portland Oregon. I've been lurking around the RPF for a few years and finally decided to break the silence while working on my Starlord costume for halloween last year. in addition to Peter Quill, i have made an evil Dr. Horrible costume, and have a Stargate Movie Anubis build in the wings - sort of off an on for the last 2 years with that one - on my 3rd build of the helmet. Right now, tho i am deep into a build of the infamous Grand Apothecary Putress from World of Warcraft. it's an interesting, difficult and very large build that i've fallen deep into it's clutches. i will be posting some pics of that soon as i know i could greatly benefit from some advice and tips from the pool of seasoned, talented builders here.

thanks and excited to contribute to this awesome community.

Krupky

IMG_2730.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_2692.JPG

Hi all, Dave here.
I thought I had joined up on the forum years ago. I pop on and look at stuff from time to time, and wander off again. Tried to log in tonight, and got told I didn't have an account... A bit of a surprise!! Finally registered :D

I'm an avid costumer, mainly Star Wars stuff. I can put an armour kit together pretty well, but I have very little skill at making anything from scratch.

I generally come here to look at the pretty things that other people make :D

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi everybody! Conrad here.
I am a result of the latest wave of Star Wars which eventually got me here. Ha only seen SW 1-4 until I finally got around to watch ESB and ROTJ before ep. 7.
After that I was hooked. Played the new Battlefront game and got very interested in the details of blasters, the DL-44 in particular which is to be my first build when I recieve the parts from Dark Energy Creations. Apart from being a Star Wars fan I am a bloodfan of this band AC/DC. You might have heard about 'em.

Cheers

Hey All,

Learned about The RPF through 'Tested'. I grew up collecting the 'Behind The Scenes' special effects magazines and really enjoy model making & Legos. Want to get into replica movie prop firearms & build a collection. Really enjoy the creative process & I'm looking forward to learning a bunch from you guys!
:D

Hello, everyone!

I am the new guy, the rookie. I have started some pepakura projects such as Deathstorke, Captain America and Magneto. I can tell you that I got hooked and cant stop working them. Started as a hobbie to kill time since I am retired from the military and now it has turned into a passion. I have only created cowls so far. Did them with just cardbox, newspaper and glue and it expanded to fiberglass resin and bondo. They have turned out pretty good. My son, whom never miss a Comicon (NY), loves them. I am planning on going to the next comicon in PR this coming May. Still deciding if as Deathstroke or the Capt. Would love to make some Star Wars and move into complete body project. Still learning the Pepakura program. Thank you for adding me to this great community!!!!

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff

Hello!!!
I found this website when I was looking at tutorials on the Nathan drake Uncharted 2 Journal on YouTube. A lot of them recommend the RPF for references so I decided to check it out for myself! This website doesn't disappoint. Everything is Amazing and I am looking forward to creating my own Nathan Drake Journal :)

Hey everyone,

Quick intro. My name is Danny, I happened across this site while looking for a TFA First Order Stormtrooper kit. I'm just getting into prop and costume building. So any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and maybe collaborating with some of you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back