I'm guessing that I should have posted here first instead of posting to a thread that held my interest.

Hi, I'm Cenn and I'm a prop replication addict.

Since I am a collector of vintage medical gadgets is stands to reason that I have thus far restricted my replications to the more obscure medical items that seem to pop-up in productions, mainly serum vials and the like. But, that does not mean that I do not have a love of all things props from my favorite movies and shows ;-)

Thus far I have created screen accurate or fan inspired props for the following:
- The Lawnmower Man
- Lost
- Fringe
- Return of the Living Dead

Mostly I have stuck with the vials, but recently I have equipped my office to also start producing PVC ID type cards, I have already made replicas for "The Department of Containment" from Fringe, but I am a ways off from showing that work to the general public.

I do have to say that I truly admire the tenacity of the members here to breathe life into the movies and shows that we all love! I may not be the most talkative person in the world, but I'll pipe up when I think I can help.

Hi Everyone! I signed up a while ago and have been lurking around for some time. Love the community and hope to be a part of it! So many people on here have such amazing skills and techniques I hope to learn and contribute whatever I can. I have just recently in the past few years started collecting and/or making stuff related to my fandoms. Here is one of the first pieces I made about a year and a half ago as a beginners start:
2012-07-12 10.14.12.jpg

Hello, my name is Wesley. And after lurking the forums and being too much of a wuss to sign up and contact people on this site I finally decided to do so.
I have always wanted a Spider-man suit, or even just the mask because I'm a huge Spidey fan. And since I joined I actually got everything moving towards having that suit. Hope I can be part of this great community.

Lo there,

This introduction has been a long time coming, but better late than never right? I'm a Father, Honourary-Brit, Gamer geek, Blues-Rocker, Archaeologist Anarchist & Sci-fi / Fantasy nut. Currently starting my life over and seeing what exactly is around that second star to the right. When I was younger I was very much into all this, but 20 years of RL interference has seen me get quite out of touch with it all. I'm now looking forward to getting back into the thick of it and am very glad to be here. I particularly have an interest in Mass Effect and Star Wars based armour costumes and will be pouring over the forums and picking your respective brains in no time as I start to work on my first projects over the summer. Looking forward to getting to know you all and perhaps even bumping into one or two of you at the occasional convention. All the best.

Regards,

Gov

Last edited:
Greetings everyone,

I am Peter and I currently reside on the Eastern Shore of Alabama. I came across the forum on several occasions looking for information on boots used in the 2009 Star Trek movie as well as the helmet used in Dredd (2012). I have found the forum exceptionally informative regarding both areas of interest. For the past six years I have been managing my father's automotive repair facility.

I am a fan of Stark Trek, Judge Dredd, DC Comics and Farscape. I look forward to getting to know everyone here and posting updates on my current costume builds, props, etc.

Best Regards
Peter Goens

Hi everyone, my name is Grant. My current projects include, Thors hammer Mjolnir, foam Iron Man suit, web shooters based on those from the '70s spiderman tv show, a pip-boy 3000 from fallout 3 and some other stuff! I tend to have many things on the go at once and chop and change between them, I will post some pictures in my profile when I can!

Hi!
I am starting a new Project, i am an illustrator, i always wanted to do props and i am starting a new Project, i think here will help me a lot to know about materials and ways to do it, i am starting a Dead Space 2 costume, i am so glad to be part of this community, i hope to post son my advances and i hope to get all kind of critiques and advices, thank you all.

Hi All
I've been lurking for a couple years, but just created a log in. I was prompted to introduce myself, so here goes.

My name is Rich and I am a metal artist in Wisconsin. I have been working with Ozymandius for a couple years, casting the Dean Winchester Amulet. We have some new things in the works right now that should be awesome. Too soon to let the cat outta da bag.

And, yes, the supernatural amulets are actually cast from melted rifle cartridge brass. Mostly .30-06 and .223 shells.

See my stuff at http://prairieartmetal.com

Hello everyone, my name is Rick, and
I'm an avid movie and tv series fan.
I discovered this site while searching
for DEXTER props. Wow, am I ever late to the party!! I hope to build my own kill tools set.
I know there's a lot of talented people
On this forum and I hope to get to know you all...
Thanks for having me here...

Greetings!
Not sure if anyone actually reads the newbie thread, but I figured I'd get my feet wet here anyway.
LONG TIME cosplayer (Long before there was even such a thing as Cosplay!) and I have used RPF as my personal go to resource for many years. Why I never registered I haven't a clue!
Some of my current projects include an Iron Man MKVI and TASM 2. Any and all suggestions are welcome on resources!
Thanks and I am looking forward to chatting and meeting all of you!

Hello all!

I finally took the plunge and registered for this amazing forum of talented people! While I don't have the mad skills of a lot of the folks on here but I do enjoy making creative and original costumes for myself and am in process of putting together a couple Star Wars characters to join the wonderful volunteer work of the RL and 501st.

On that theme if anyone knows of or is interested in commission work on a double blade Satele Shan saber please contact me!

Happy Thursday!

Hey all! Thought I'd pop a quick line or two in here!

I've never built anything substantial, beyond building up a helmet for LARP.

So, As a costume for a fancy dress birthday party I'm building something substantial. Which should be fun!

Hello! I'm Just beginning to look into the world of prop making and i keep finding my way back here during my travels on the internet so i figured id stop lurking and actually begin to discuss and contribute with people. No builds currently as I am traveling abroad for the next several months but I have several projects lined up for upon my return home.

Hey everyone! Like many (most?), I'm a long time lurker, and finally decided it was sort of silly....so, now I've joined up!

I've built all manner of small props over the years, but am looking to dress up the home theater with a bigger build. I really want to build a Han in carbonite, and plan to start in the next 60 days or so. I'll be spending a lot of time going through the various threads, and figuring out exactly how to tackle him.

Thanks in advance to all who have taken the time to post their observations, methods, best practices, etc! :)

Hey people! I have, as many others been lurking here for a while, mostly doing research for my upcoming Shepard N7 armor cosplay. I'm surprised by the talent a lot of people have here, and I'm afraid I'm a complete novice, but hopefully that's about to change. Now I have started with my armor, decided to start a blog to document the progress of my build and figured it was time to join up over here as well for when I need your help. If you're interested you can check out my blog!

Hello to everyone,

My name is Chris and I am 29 years old .I come from Greece. My costume experience has begun in 2008 after i watch the IRONMAN movie I begun to look for in YouTube and the web how is possible to make a real one. Finnaly I found my answers via pepakura and a lot of hours on YouTube. I am so happy because few days before I complete my first real-life IRONMAN suit ,the feelling was amazing wearring that suit now I know how is felt Tony Stark ....

Στάλθηκε από το HTC EVO 3D X515m μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hello, My name is Trevor and I'm 34 years old and a fan of Star Trek. I have done an Enterprise D 1/350 scale with custom lighting, base and sounds. I also have a 1/350 scale Enterprise NX-01 that I have yet to start. I also have a Mark IV tricorder that I am trying to get some ideas on cusotmizing it with true LCD screen and buttons, light, etc.. But I will post that in the props section.

Hello. My name is Travis. I'm from Nova Scotia Canada. I have a friend that owns a comic store and he needed a shed to store shovels and salt. We decided a comic store needed something a bit more interesting than a shed so we built a full size TARDIS to hold that stuff. It's the first project I have done in years but it seems to draw people to the store and it also allowed me to teach a friend how to use power tools. I'll post pics in the replica prop section. I figure I have to start somewhere and a big blue box was not all that hard so as I learn from the group here we might come up with a few other interesting items to decorate the store.

Whats up everyone? Ill set up my profile soon but wanted to say hi!

I convert kirk masks and make zombies currently. I am the owner of wickid mask productions and name is chris.

Here is my latest conversion

uploadfromtaptalk1394888690230.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'm Tracy Nickels, a published writer. 62years old or is it young? I'm looking for Gambit's cane or hat. It's for my brother. He is a X-men fan. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back