Hey everyone!

I am Nohtal and I actually created my own 3D printer. I noticed a lot of you use them to make your own cosplay parts so I figured I would share my own creation :D

DSCN0110.JPG

I made some more pretty cool prints here on my website...I would be glad to answer any questions about 3D Printing!

Hey everyone. I am relatively new to prop making, I have only used pep and I have only made a couple of helmets so far. Looking forward to showing my work with you guys.

Hi there,

Just discovered this place tonight whilst looking for Terminator 2 props and production photos. I've always been a movie buff, always wanted to work in the industry from the age of 9. It was a shock to my Careers Adviser at school when I told her I wanted to work in Film and TV. She recommended I become a Librarian or Plumber. I ended up becoming a Studio Director and Vision Mixer :)

Still trying to find an LAPD police shirt to create a T-1000 costume, but failing miserably. Any help welcome!

Oi! Oi!

Recently decided to get into cosplay and I chose to cosplay as Gokai Red for Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. Have most of the props but Im having trouble finding a quality outfit for myself. I heard that this a good place to check out and I hope to find what Im looking for in here.

Cheers.

Hi everyone, I got into collecting props over a decade ago and collected for a few years acquiring some really cool stuff. Unfortunately my sister, best friend and business partner got cancer. I had to sell off almost everything I owned at the time to pay for medical bills. I only got to keep a few items with the best being my hero screen used Blue Raja costume (end of movie version) from Mystery Men.

I am currently working on getting a Sideshow T-800 Endoskeleton V2 1.1 statue. I have wanted a life-size T-800 Endoskeleton since I first saw them many years ago. It has been my ultimate dream in prop collecting and I am thrilled to be getting one. I have to admit it is really exciting to be getting back into collecting props.

Having to sell almost all of my prop collection has really haunted me all these years. I hope to get back some of the items I lost and have missed the most. I learned many lessons with my first experience in collecting props and will hopefully apply those lessons learned in my 2nd chance at this hobby. It really is so great to be back and I look forward to hanging out on RPF where there are so many awesome and talented people.

Hello, from Alberta Canada.
Born in 1973, and grew up on Star Wars. I collected Star Wars action figures way back when, and nowadays I collect Star Wars Uzay Turkish bootleg action figures, and other bootlegs from around the world.
I started costuming 2 years ago. I have 2 Stormtrooper, COTF Darth Nihilus, and a one in the world 1;1 scale costume based on a Star Wars Turkish bootleg action figure known as UZAY Head Man.
I have, and love my 2 Sphynx cats. I'm involved with many in the Star Wars community raising awareness, and support for children with cancer, Mito, and other medical problems.
Came on RPF to check stuff out, share, etc.
MTFBWY, and cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
Hi im Mark from Germany. I'm new to costume making an thanks to you guys I managed to make a costume for last year's Cologne Carneval. It was a rush so I painted directly on foam. I might coat it with pvc glue or just start an mk 42. Thx to All you talented people for teaching or guiding us to build our own costumes! uploadfromtaptalk1394984682238.jpg

Gesendet von meinem LG-V500 mit Tapatalk

Hullo there. I'm Dom.
I'm a french fan of Doctor Who, and i decided to make some short movies about the whoniverse with a friend, without the Doctor and deeply inspired by day of the daleks.
I'm not that good with my hands, but i build my own props, so i decide to come to this forum to see and learn how to do my own stuff....

Hi! I've lurked for so long and finally joined. I have experience in Star Wars costuming, model building and general Sci-fi art. Happy to finally join.

Hi everyone, just to follow the tradition I'll introduce myself :)
My name is Rachèl from The Netherlands and my passion (it's no longer 'just' a hobby) is making costumes. I make historical gowns and fantasy costumes, mostly fabric and sometimes leather and every other stuff I can find for steampunk outfits.
I especially love Queen Elizabeth I and that whole era, which I probably won't find much about on this forum, but hey, that's ok.:) After some commissions I have to finish, I'll start on a Second Age high elven armor from vegetable tanned leather. A forum member here will be making the helmet since resin and moulds is not really my specialty. If I don't forget I will make a topic on the progress when it's actually happening ;)

Hey everyone, I'm Dan
Found this place when I was looking into Captain America gear, boy did I hit the mother load. Don't have much experience, or resources for that matter, but I'm getting things together for a shield and helmet. Summer's almost here, and summertime is tinker time!

Hi all,

I've been checking out the amazing work that people have been posting on here for months as inspiration for my own costume projects and finally decided to join. I've been into cosplaying for a few years, but have been inspired to step things up a notch and try to raise the quality of costumes that I put together after seeing the projects people have done on here. Working at teaching myself some new techniques. :)

My current projects are: Burlesque Poison Ivy (Batman), Black Cat (Spider-Man), Rainbow Dash (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) and Neo Queen Serenity (Sailor Moon manga)

Thanks for the welcome,
JuJuBean

Hi, My name is Morne, I'm from South Africa. I've recently taken up prop / costume building using pepakura. I have a six year old son who is a major Iron Man fan, so it all started when I built an IM MK 6 foam suit for him. Currently busy with my first fibreglass / resin build and hope to get into mold and casting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello,

My name is Justin. I am actually VERY new to the prop making world. I was actually pushed into prop making by a friend who suggested I use this to have a new direction to my current hobby of fire performing. With all the kids parties and special events, he suggested themes and costuming to be next and so here I am. Right now I am looking into making a Star Wars collection but I am also big on AVP and Skyrim. I am going to poke around and see what I can find to take away my free time. Thank you all for having me and if anyone has suggestions or advice I am open to it.

Justin.

Names Devon
I do iron man stuff...Ya.

I'm currently working on a Mark VII but once that's finished I'm going to do a Spiderman costume and batman beyond. After that a Mark 42 that would fold into a backpack.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Names Edwin. Done various costumes, Cobra troopers and such, as well as various game n comic stuff. Mainly been doing Star Wars stuff and am a member of the 501st.

Looking to expand my knowledge, interested in building some more GI Joe stuff, Titanfall, and Helghast costumes.

Hi, my name is Roy and im from England. Im a big Star Wars and Disney fan and im about as beginner as you can get when it comes to making stuff. My first build is a Star Wars Mando costume for my little girl. Hopefully after finishing that I can begin a build for myself so I can join the UK Garrison of the 501st.

Hi, just joined up. I don't wear my robots I make them radio controlled primarily so that I can enjoy watching them. Most of them aren't replica's of props aside from the daleks and K9. The others I've designed myself or they're replica's of toy's... just much larger!

Here's a short video.. sorry about the music, the sound wasn't too good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back