Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello All,

I found this site after searching for info regarding Smooth On products. I have a passion for molding and casting vintage car reproduction accessories/parts and was hooked on your forums regarding the awesome looking costumes you all put together. My other hobby is scale modeling (aircraft/cars) so I have an appreciation for the work and patience you all put into your projects. Thanks for having me onboard.

Aeroman.

hello
I found this site after looking for info on Tron cosplay and discovering the extensive Tron thread here. I'm not much of a prop maker or cosplayer, although I have done a tiny bit of both.

Heyyyyyyyyyy!
Long time lurker here. Love the stuff people sell and the costumes that are worn. Been watching some shows on making props and I'm constantly getting updated on my uncle who makes Halo weapon replicas. :) I know joshspiderman23 pretty well and he introduced me here a while back. I've always wanted to make props/costumes but I've been too afraid of body image to wear it, sadly. I'm an avid Final Fantasy and Skyrim fan, but that's just the surface. Hope to meet some cool people on here!

Hay im Curtis,
i like making things. dont really care what it is aslong as it is hard or uniqu. I started a new costume the other day and wanted input on it so i started here. Its a 1940's aviator cyborg. with working lights sound and fans.
thanks

Hello!

My name is Larry and I'm from San Diego. I have always had a love for Star Wars and still have most of my stuff from way back in 1978. I have a decent collection now but my interest are now in trying to build replicas. I have painted and weathered a few cheap Rubies toys but after looking at the RPF now for awhile I would like to build an actual replica. I'm new to this but I'm hooked already. There are a lot of extremely talented people on here so I know I'm in the right place! :thumbsup

im building a mark 3 iron man suit. ive previously built an ARC Trooper costume, darth vader, and ive taken apart my Halo 3 legendary helmet and made it wearable. im not necessarily new, ive been on 405th awhile but forgot my info so i just made new accounts. im going to be posting videos on youtube of my mk3 progress, channel DizzyStormtrooper.

Hello I am Josh.
I have actually been a member on here for a few months now but only recently became involved. I never took the time to introduce myself so here I am. I am a Star Wars nut. I used to make lightsaber props using pvc and sink pipes. My 1st lightsaber that I made was in 4th grade. Looked horrible but it held together lol. My current project is making the Jedi Guardian armor from The Old Republic game. I have a thread about it in the replica costumes section. I look forward to seeing everyone's creations!

Hi there,

been lurking here a couple of times and well finally got the urge to register. I am member of the 501st Nordic Garrison, and so far only build one costume. My first one is a snowtrooper, currently building a Tie pilot. Upcomming project is some kind of "V" visitors costume, and possible either a super hero or villain.

I'm 42yo from Denmark and government employee, been doing medieval and viking reenactment for some years, and always loved movies and the "behind the scenes" work.

Hi all!

Robert from Nebraska. Lurked around here for awhile before creating an account. Figured it was about time to jump in.

I've been interested in props pretty for as long as I can remember. Most of what is in my collection is stuff that I've purchased (mainly Star Wars and Indiana Jones). The things I make tend to be more "original" creations (steampunk guns, etc.), but one of these days I'd like to try my hand at building something screen accurate (just have to find the project that demands my time!).

Hi all :)
Ive actually been a member for years now !... but with builds and work and stuff I wasnt webside much ...now ,after the hack business I reregistered last year and finally got around to posting again!
Always seem to get caught up with weapons and droids ..all SW stuff and Clone Wars at present in particular.:)

Hello, been following the wonderful work here for quite a while, didn't realize I could join so easily. Currently working on a Boushh, and love following everyone's amazing builds

Hi y'all...the name is Mike

Was looking for help for my PR build and ran across this forum...browsed for a long while and love the work being done here..especially the model builds...makes me wanna buy a USS Enterprise refit model and mod it out :)

Hi to everyone! I'm Fernando from Chile, i'm really glad to have found this forum. I'm an absolute beginner regarding costume making, but i hope to learn in the making!

Hi everyone. My name is Philip and I'm from Austin, TX. For years I've appreciated the work that people put in to making prop replicas and costumes. Y'all really do astound me with your talent and craftsmanship. I'm very happy I've found the RPF and hopefully can network and make new friends who share the same interest in movies and shows that I do.

This site is amazing and everyone on here is so talented, helpful, and supportive of eachother. It's a great community to be a part of.

I'm currently working on my own version of arkham city robin costume. So far I've gotten my belt done. Now I'm looking to find a good fabric to make the tunic/shirt. I want to find a way to either print texture on a good stretch material or have a digital print company do it for me.

Well I just want to say again that everyone on here is awesome and inspiring me everyday!!

Glad to be a part of the RPF community, I've heard great things from artist friends. I've made a few masks, and participated in generating the SFX on a number of independent projects, though in those cases it was as an assistant. As a business partner with Oubliette, I'm gearing up here on the boards to help with a big production run of props, and thought I'd come and introduce myself first.

I'm a resident of the beautiful Pacific Northwest of the US, former military, lifetime artist.

Cheers,
Svelbjorn

Hi,
I'm Paul, 32, Husband, Father & Geek. I live in the north east of England and work as an Engineer.
I'm a huge Batman fan and comic book fan in general I also love Star Wars (who doesn't). I'd one day like to join the 501st and have a huge amount of respect for what they do.
I've just finished renovating our house so have a little spare time to start making cool geek stuff. I'm glad to be part of this community and look forward to sharing and reading about everyone's experiences with prop building.

I saw an amazing Loki helmet replica and I had to join and see what else there was.

Hiya! I'm Lorelei, and I was prodded into joining by Scapey who said this would be a good resource for me.

I mostly sew. I haven't gotten too much into prop building, except for a few minor accessories. Eventually I'd like to learn, but I like to tackle one thing at a time and I still have a lot to learn about sewing, and I really don't have the space to tackle major prop projects -- especially with a very mischievous cat.

I'm into Disney, Steampunk, Doctor Who, horror movies, and lots of other things.

Specifically I'd really like to learn working with leather (especially for leather clothing and things like respirator masks).

My next projects are Giselle from Enchanted (not sure which version yet) and Pyramid Head from Silent Hill (movie version). At least that's the plan.

Hi, my name is Whitney. I joined a while ago and have been lurking ever since, looking at all of the cool things. I'm currently building a Brotherhood of Steel paladin kit I got here a few months ago. I'll be wearing it to Dragon*con. I'm really into video games. Built a few Bioshock splicer masks and weapons.
My next big project will be a LotR Nazgul, methinks. Definitely going to learn as much as possible so it's awesome!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back