re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi!
My name is Stefan. I like SciFi and I am really impressed about the helmets, studio scale models and the other movie stuff people here are creating!
Oh, and english is not my native language so please forgive me my mistakes:cry

Hello everybody!

I'm Jeffrey and I'm from Belgium.
I'm a big Star Wars and Sci-Fi fan. I love building my own lightsabers and blasters. I'm currenlty looking into the BSG props as well. I hope to find the info I need on these boards.
Thanks in advance for having me :)

Hi guys.I'm Ash. I líve in england and am a big movie fan. Got into costuming after potc was released and decided to make a Jack Sparrow costume which has since evolved into my own pirate character, Xander Madpie. Since then I have got more adventurous. And accquired a sewing machine from my grandma and made a Heath Joker for myself, a batman costume for my eldest son,4, and in process of making superman for my youngest, 2.

I have decided on the dark knight batman for this halloween so I'm starting early. This could be the most complex project I've done. Cowl is almost sorted but would appreciate any tips on how to do the armour.

Anyway that's me done, peace out guys!!

Hi everyone!
My name is Orlando and I'm from Spain. I've always liked the props and costumes related to movies, comics and TV series. I have been following this forum and amazed with the wonderful work they do here. Finally I decided to register and here I am.
I've also been doing some things. I started with a Stormtrooper and was approved in the 501'st, below I made a Boba Fett and is also in the 501'st. Along with the Fett I made a Jawa for my daughter, and am now a Rocketeer. I started with the helmet on papekura, to see how it goes!

Hi all,

I'm astounded by the quality of some of the builds on here and appreciate the knowledge shared.
I'm new to prop building but with a son hungry for props I will be busy trying to live up to some of the epic examples here.

Cheers

Paul

Actually been a member for a while now, just haven't been that active. I've been working on a lot of stuff lately though (actually aging my Grail diary pages right now), so I've been on the board more.

Started building props a couple of years ago, my first project being the key drawing from POTC. I much prefer building something vs. buying, however, I realize some things are out of my realm of current know how. That's why I enjoy building though, learn something new from it and learn new skills.

I've been on an Indy kick lately. Like I mentioned earlier, aging some pages right now, hopefully can get it bound this afternoon, and cover it tomorrow. Got about 40 hours in on it so far. Also working on the Leap of Faith painting. Got the painting itself done, just need to decide on the boards to go behind it. Probably finish it next week.

Greetings,

I'm new to going to cons in costume. I was roped into it last Comic Convention in my area since a friend as a joke bought me the Jayne Cobb hat that resembled the one his mother knitted for him.

That and an iron-on transfer of the Blue Sun Logo, a quick shave (turning my Will Riker-esq beard into a Goatee) and was most of the way to being a well done Jayne.

But it's an addiction isn't it? Once you start you can't stop until you get to perfection. A state of perfection that your eye will NEVER LET YOU BE SATISFIED!!!

Kidding...But it was fun and I want to do it better. And with my beard someone pointed out that I was a nehru jacket and some hair dye away from pulling off Roger Delgado's version of "The Master" from the classic Doctor Who.

Crap...I wasn't joking was I? This *is* addicting.

Dangit. <grin>

Anyway I look forward to learning more on costuming and replica prop work.

Hello! I joined a while back when i had opportunity but didn't really stick around, but i'm around now!

The more I lurk, the more I love this place.

I've loved movies/costumes/props since I can remember and this place is amazing.

I like to wear costumes and go to conventions, although I can't sew so I mostly look for commissions! My big fandoms currently are Harry Potter, LotR/hobbit, House MD, Doctor Who, and I like superhero movies and have a big soft spot for the Joker.

I don't have too many props but I do have a lot of autographed items I hope to one day display in my home with matching props. I have 10 Harry Potter books signed by JK Rowling so I hope to have a huge HP themed display one day and am on the lookout for my favorite items. I love Slytherin & Snape..

I have a signed Hugh Laurie photo and eventually would like to buy some tv prop replicas like the flame cane...

So I'm just into props for fandoms I'm interested in, even though I dont have much skill in making my own.

LOVE looking at all the items and props here!

Hey folks,

Name's Sollus Vir, and would like to introduce myself real quick.

I found this place through some buddies of mine who build replica and custom Lightsabers. Finally got off my rear and registered. :rolleyes

Simply put, I build Custom LED Sabers, and have been for about 3-4 years. Check out my site to see what I have made in the past.

Looks like a pretty cool place here. :cool I don't post much, but will be reading around and probably be in continual amazement at the talent I am seeing in all different kinds of props.

So yeah, see you guys around, good to be here. :thumbsup

I found this site looking up information for a very simple Thor costume I'm in the middle of doing for the Avengers premier... well technically I found the hacked site and did such a thorough skulking job that I came upon several posts pointing back here. I'm still curious about what the heck happened with all of that. :confused

Anyway, I've dabbled in costuming and props for a while (Star Wars, pirate, steampunk, various movie premier costumes, etc.). Mostly I like to put my own spin on things rather than going strictly canon. I am hoping to eventually complete a TK suit and a "functioning" lightsaber, and hoping that by watching some of the amazing people on this site I can eventually get there.

I love the RPF! My first prop is the Indy Jones grail diary!

Im currently member of the 501st legion and having a blast here in the RPF. The BEST

Hy!
I really like to see others work and i really love rpf to make a forum like this.
Maybe soon i will make my own prop
thanks

Hi all! My name is Matt but I go by Maz. Im a twenty five year old freelance cartoonist and illustrator. Im a 2010 graduate of the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art in Dover, New Jersey. Im into Planet of the Apes, Star Wars (especially Yoda), The X Files, The paranormal and unexplained, and Batman. Im excited to be here and hope to pick up some pieces for my collection.

Hello every one my name is Isaac. I have been to this forum many times and have admired everyone's creativity and talent. I have never made a costume before but would really.ike some advice on how to make a torn costume. I love the original movie and the new Tron legacy movie was great.
I'm planing to make a rinzler costume Nd would like some Dvice on how to make his helmet. Can anyone help me?

Hello everyone,

I am the Rumblebee, just rumblin' along lol j/k :) Seriously, though, thank you for having me, your talents and skill are simply amazing if I can help anyone with any questions feel free 2 PM

Hey RPF! My name is Andrew, and I'm a 19 year old college student. I've always loved anything related to art, and so I'm very excited to join this community. An "interesting" fact about me is that I had made a Batsuit out of random costume pieces (Zorro chest, V for Vendetta gloves, etc) and ran around my college campus at night for about 3 weeks this year. Unfortunately my suit got destroyed and my identity was revealed to some people here on campus, but this summer I plan on building a new and improved Dark Knight suit, (with help from you guys hopefully), and I shall make my return at the start of my sophomore year. If you hadn't already figured out, I love Batman. Anyway that's all for now. I look forward to getting to know you guys. Thanks :lol

Hey everyone Im new to going to cons and now wanting to get into prop making to make the experience better. i have been costuming for many years i studied theater costume in college and my wife and i have are own sewing biz. i am very excited about what i can learn here. right now im very much into DUNE, STAR TREK, STAR WARS and ALL thing Geeky. if it makes me start "geeking out" then it is good.

Hey All!
Not so new been on the other form now on here. I'm Brian I do costumes done some props and LOVE to collect a lot of stuff anything that tickle my fancy!

Hi I'm Kelvin! I just came here after realizing I've been on a hacked site for a long time!

... That feel.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back