re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hay guys.
I need some help, I have a few plastic 1:1 scale toy guns which are holo.
I was wondering what i cand pour into the guns to make them solid, a bit heavier to feel real and also to strength the props.

All help will be appreciated
Cheers
Alex Davis

Hi everyone!

My name is Autumn, I'm a 19 year old girl, criminology student. I live in London, as I love rainy weather, and I found this website actually because I was looking for a replica of the jumanji game! I'm a really big fan of this movie, and it's been my dream since I've seen the movie to have the replica of the game.

I've never done any kind of replicas creation, but my hobby consist most of all in drawing and writing short stories.

If anyone had the jumanji game replica I would be very interested in buying it!

Hi there to one and all ,

I have just joined but must admit I have been a lurker for a while just noseing about , but have now decided to dip my toe in the preverbial waters .

I am based in South Wales and I am a full time bodypainter and special effects make up artist, and a part time costume and prop maker or should I say was until very recently when bad health has forced me to cut back on the painting and sfx , but on the upside I will have more time for prop making and costume work now

i look forward to being a member here and hope that I may ad something as well as gain a lot from the site

John

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking in the forums and seen what people have done. Very impressive.
I am a prop maker in Prescott Valley, Az..
Currently working on a Pre Viszla helmet mold and soon armour.

Hi everyone! Nice to be posting on here and to see so many amazing and cool props etc. Good to be involved with like minded people! I'm a big fan of Alien, Star Wars (originals) and others.

Hey fellas,

My name is Dave and I'm a student at Florida Gulf Coast University. I've been regularly reading theRPF for about a year now. I saw Volpin's Guy Manuel helmet build way back when and (being a big Daft Punk fan) said, "Man, I would do anything for one of those." So that begs the question, "Would 'anything' include putting forth the effort to build one?"

The answer?
6310675390_c2fd58c90c.jpg

Yes.

So I'm getting ready to throw up a thread on how this build went and update it as I do the next one. I want to start over from my molds and make one with better materials (ex: fiberglass instead of plastic) and with a red LED matrix down the front.

Hi I'm Glenn , i signed up a while ago , but only now got around to Introducing myself , a bit busy when you have a 14 month old baby :lol
I know some of you guys from over on the Aliens Legacy board , i have been a keen model maker and prop builder for too many years , i'm still learning , so if i ask a lot of dumb questions , be gentle with me.. :lol:lol

Hi guys! Very excited to finally be a RPF member.
I am an aspiring prop maker thanks to Volpin and Blind Squirrel, for being a great inspiration.
I have already began to make fan made replicas of things.
For instance my Guy Manuel Helmet build, which took me two months to complete.
This of course, is the encore version (Black w/ EL Wire)

Untitled by Fennec Props, on Flickr

Extremely proud of myself! by Fennec Props, on Flickr

Robot rock it by Fennec Props, on Flickr

I am currently working on a Rinzler helmet, inspired by a guy on here named ArtFunk, so I will update on that soon.

That's pretty much me! Thank you guys!

Hey everyone! My name is Lucas and there are about 3 things in this world that I am passionate about, comedy, music and anything having to do with Harry Potter. I found this site after looking for some replicas and stuff, and then didn't get my paper done that night because I spent about 6 hours on here. So that's pretty much why I'm here. To lust over all of the things that I can't have. And maybe buy things if I ever got the funds to feed my obsessions.

Hello everybody, my name is Nico, I ve been watching movies for as long as I can remember, I especialy love decors , monster, architecture and so on... so many great stuff in the industry!

see you around.

Hey All,

First time being on this forum :darnkids

Name is Dave and currently working on getting my degree in Early Childhood Education

I am currently working on Zyu Rangers / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Here is my works so far :

I started with this :
IMG_4330.jpg

Ended with this after I worked on it for about 2~3 weeks:

296821_10150348442805857_514690856_8772931_1480614917_n.jpg

The helmet I got was molded by a friend. I can't take credit for all of it! He practically did the molding...all I did was the fixings...sanding it down, cutting it, inserting the visor, clasping, bondo, etc etc. I am working on more. Ultimate goal is to get the whole collection of MMPR including the green and white rangers.

Hope this will be a keeper :)

I am in the process of stripping down the red ranger and re doing it...didn't like how it turned out.

If anybody have any advice working with fiberglass, please let me know! Would love to learn from you!

Hey i joined to meet people how areinto props and can help me with a portal gun

hi all I am a big Dr Who fan as my user name says lol!!!! Name is Dawne am i looking to make a River Song diary/journal as the shops at the mo are not selling them and both I and son want to do this he is another fan too. Did find one on Ebay and OMG its going so far for £155 the now. Oh and I am the UK by the way.

thanks for reading.

I guess I forgot to do this part when I signed up..... oops

Anyway, my name is Joe and I am in San Diego Ca. I have looked around here a little but never signed up until I decided to build myself an Airwolf helmet. I bought a vac formed helmet kit after reading a couple threads.

I am not new to the whole proping thing. I am quite active over on GBfans.com and have built 2 full size proton packs and 2 mini packs in the last year.

Here is a picture of myself and my son recently at the Comikaze Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
comikaze5.jpg

By joeluna33 at 2011-11-10

Hi, my name is Norman. I live in central Florida, near Orlando. By day I'm a frustrated computer programmer. A friend at work suggested this site and I'm glad he did. I've worked on classic\antique cars, rebuilt an engine, even worked on a transmission. I won't be doing that again for a while so I need a new hobby. Like probably a lot of you, I partly blame seeing the great work that Volpin and others have done on here for pushing me from "that looks cool" to "I have GOT to try that!" So, step 1: Register on here. Step 2: Clean garage (the biggie). Step 3: Build an AEP7 laser pistol?

Hi, I am from Montreal, Canada.

I am mostly a huge Harry Potter junkie, and so I have a few replica props and thingies related to that (wands (handmade and repros), attire, jewelry, cauldrons, plushies...).

But I am also a fan of other things like everything X-Men, the Moulin Rouge movie, Elizabeth movie (with Cate Blanchett... I did made a dress loosely inspired by the green one she wears in the beginning of the first movie a few years back), the Golden Compass, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars.... the list is actually pretty long!

My love of props basically comes from costumes at first and I did study fashion design at some point of my life. I am not currently doing anything related to that, but sewing is what I do most as a hobby, followed by drawing and watercolour. I am known to try a lot of things from time to time though, when inspiration or need strike! (woodcarving, embroidery, jewelry making, knitting...)

While I love props and movie costumes I never took that interest really far in terms of hobby... which is bound to change with the discovery of this forum!

Hello...i'm new...obviously...lol. I am a mom to 5 kids and and nuts about halloween and anything prop related. Harry Potter, POTC, Lord of the rings...any "enchanted"...magical type of movies/props are what I enjoy. I do not own any "real" movie replicas or originals. Would I love to though!!! I am extremely crafty and make a lot of prop type crafts for my kids. Made Harry Potter inspired/style wands for Christmas a week ago...so...yah...I'm ocd about details lol. Love to make stuff. Awesome site.......I love it!!! There are so many "beyond" talented and amazing creators on here!! I am in awe!!

Hello Everyone. I've been a member of TDH for many years but never got around to joining this forum. For those who don't know me, I'm a prop maker/sculptor/model maker from the UK but now living and working from Portugal. Lots of my work can be found here bobamaker

Although I'm better known for making Boba costumes/props, I do sculpt and build lots of other items too.

DAZ

Hello

allow to introduce myself. My name 'Andreas, I am 35 years old, I come from Switzerland and work as System Engineer IT. 'Cause I have written on this forum? Fate if we want to call him. I'm since childhood Fans of Indiana Jones and 'I have not bored to continually revise his adventures. In July of this sommer, 'the "INDY Mania" has taken possession of me 100% during my vacation in Egypt. My wife during prepare our luggage makes a joke and said "Bring your Indy outfits with you! We go there also to discover." At first i laughing and continue to making the baggage I did not think anything strange, but during our trips and I 'came down' for the back a strange feeling. The best happened during the trips because some people told me "Hey Indy ...!". At that time, 'successful Indiana Jones mania took hold of me ... As I remember I did some photos. See them if you want
smile.gif

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...13ba5f2&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...ab0b49f&type=1

My outfit is not 'yet 100% complete but step by step comes!

and here what i have collected from this summer until today

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=3b9f511164

Sincerely,
Grisu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back