re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

I already posted here, but wow, didn't realize this was the same forum...

In my perusing of the boards, I didn't realize that I actually found this forum months ago when Kommissar made his Fallout New Vegas Ranger outfit and lurked to see the pictures and updates. Amazing.

Hey everybody!!

I found this site while i was looking for starwars pepakura files.
And realised that this was the best site to learn from all te skilled artists and the best site to find these files.

I live in Belgium, Antwerp.
I love making props and other things!!...

Greets Yanosh!

Hello everybody!
I'm kuli and I'm from Germany.I love movies and games and at the time I work on a Mando from Star Wars,but I want to make a lot of other costumes too.
I found this cool site when I was looking for Star Wars files.
So I collect pepakura files,unfortunately I have only the viewer.
Greets kuli

Ah and I'm sorry for my bad Enlish.

Hello everyone--I joined up a few days ago but I'm just getting around to introducing myself. I really enjoy seeing the great work others do. I own mostly Star Trek and Star Wars stuff but I don't really make my own. I think the last thing I made was back in the 70's using wood and The Making of Star Trek to make my own phaser. I like to build scifi model kits so maybe hanging around this site will inspire me to make a better phaser

Cameron Roberts

Hi.

My Name is Cameron Roberts and I've been working as a free-lance Make-Up artist for the past 5 years. Alongside this is have been studying for a Degree in 'SFX Development' at the University of Bolton in the UK for the last 2 years (I'm in my 3rd and final year).

I trained as a joiner from a young age, studying under my uncle (a professional Joiner for 20+ years).

I switched gears from Make-Up over the summer, deciding to focus on my strengths in woodwork, metalwork and general fabrication.

I decided I wanted to be a weapons designer when I was in my early teens, and thus I have an extensive knowledge of weaponry and military hardware (which definitely come in useful with prop builds)

I have built up a client base, and portfolio in SFX Make-Up (see the website) and am trying to do the same with My Prop and Set Building work.

I am currently working on several large scale projects within my University studies and will be posting up pictures for you guys and girls to have a look at.

ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE MASSIVELY APPRECIATED.

Thanks

Cam.

Hey everyone. I'm new. I've been a member for a couple of weeks now, probably, but am just now getting around to saying anything.

At any rate, I'm not really a prop/costume maker, but the craft does interest me. I'm an all around movie buff, and an independent filmmaker. Being such, I like to know as much as I can about as many aspects as possible, including prop/model making, costuming and the like. I've done a few pieces here and there, but on such a minor scale, that they're not worth sharing here, even if I had pictures.

I marvel at many of your collections, and definately marvel at the talent that occupies these forums. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two. (Or three..or four...hell, I've got a lot to learn.)

Been wanting to get on here for a while and am glad to be able to join.

I have a number of backed up projects to get going on, starting with accurizing/refurbishing my DP Classic Action Darth Vader mask. Also have a number of resin (several trek kits), fiberglass (DeBoer Enterprise) and plastic kits to work on. STAR WARS, STAR TREK, BG, superheroes, you name it. My current job has given me much more confidence in detailing and lighting models. Just have to put it to use now, though it does take a lot of my time.

I've already seen a number of great builds and detailed work. Looking to pick up tips and pointers to help improve my skills.

Hello All.
My name is Steve and I'm brand new to all of this. I started out checking out the web looking for a HIC to get for my little brother. After just one night of looking around I tjink I'm hooked and am going to build one for him. This is going to prove to be very interesting as my wife is due with our first born any minute now, Christmas is coming and I'm deploying to Afghanistan in the spring. If any one has any suggestions, pieces for sale, or any thing elese, please message me.
Thanks again.

- Steve

Hi All,

I'm Tony and a member of the UKG, I used to look on here years ago but after spending a brilliant weekend at Memorabilia with some really friendly members from here, thought I better join in the fun. :lol

Tony

Greetings, everyone!

My name's Thomas and I live in Slovenia. I'm not much of a builder, but I love props and costumes, and I especially love seeing other people's work, even though it makes me envious of their skills. :D

I joined this forum because I was told it's _the best_ when it comes to props and costumes and, from what I've seen so far, that is definitely the truth.

Not really a new member but I have not been on here for so long I doubt anyone would remember me.
Anyway I met you guys at MEM over the weekend and loved everything you had on display big thumbs up there. I will be on here more often I hope not to give or get advise but just to see how things are and put praise were praise is due.
I'm a member of the Hollywood heroes and rebel legion costume groups so I get around a bit so I hope to run into you guys again soon.

Hi
I have been collecting memorabilia for years. This came to an abrupt halt when my collection was liberated from storage whilst moving and found it's way to my local cash converters. They paid £180 for about £4,000 worth of my collection. Afer i called the police it was removed from the shelves and they asked me to pay them the £180 to get it back even though they had sold half of it. the manager kept the autographed items on his desk which i promply nabbed. Needless to say the police sized my property and returned it to me covered in stickers. The A******E who nicked it got 180hrs community service.

I am now back building a few bits and bobs and have stopped swearin everytime i see something i used to have.

what is left is now boxed till my son is old enough not to want to open them all LOL

Happy Troopin all

Trev

Hi my name is Tammy and I'm from the land down under...or Australia ;)
I found your site while looking for images of the HP "Advanced potion making" book and also the Quibbler.
I feel very inspired by all the talented people here at RPF.

I am quite a crafty person and have dabbled in quite a few crafts over the years. Like the saying goes Jack of all trades but master of none. Well that's not quite true...I guess I'm known as a Master Scrapbooker. Not that I have picked up a photo in a while.

So I have done what I would call altered books and well just general sticking of paper with glue :lol

I'm looking at making my own Advanced Potion making book cover and Quibbler. Probably nothing as fancy as what you amazingly talented people have done - more along the lines of printing out an image and sticking it to an old book and using it as a prop. I have started up a HP corner in my loungeroom and I'm finding myself getting addicted to lurking on Ebay and Nobles and even the Orlando HP shop :eek

Anyway that's me.

hey guys im a n00b but I want to make models forever so check out what I have now
flickr.com/photos/eagonwuzhere
Hello Eagon!! great great stuff !
congrats friend!
best regards!

sebastian from Argentina

I guess I'm next in posting here. So, hello everyone, old and new. Very new here, not a lurker. Just spotted this site after doing some research and well, figured this was a good place to just... explore.

Name is Stacy, though I go by Lady B (long story I will spare you from). I live... well, look to your left, that's where I live. Not really a place of costuming paradise if you ask me.
I work in Radio as an announcer. Generally I'm huge into living history, mainly I do the 18th century from the Golden Age of Piracy to the American Revolution.

I do like Sci-fi's. Have always liked Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Stargate, Transformers.... oh, I could go on.
Use to make a couple things, had made my own Jedi Master outfit with a lightsaber made of wood (no, did not function), two Star Trek uniforms (TNG, and DS9), oh, and even an Imperial Officer's uniform. But, no longer have any of that.
Oh, and I live just a few miles south of Captain James T. Kirk's future hometown. So, I can never really dislike ST.

Current, am working (albeit very slowly) on a Wraith Queen costume. After seeking a resource site, found nothing, created Wraith Never Ending as a networking site for fans and CosPlayers of Stargate Atlantis popular aliens, the Wraith.

Eventually will look forward to lots of other costuming someday. Until then... it's general life as I know it.
Pleasure to meet you all. Maybe will meet face to face.

~Lady B

hi

hey new here :)

I am a freelance model maker based in London, I have a degree in model design and model effects from Hertfordshire university, graduated 2010.
For my degree I made a few replica props from District 9, I will post on here soon.
I am currently working as a model maker for the TV and entertainment industry, however soon I plan to make the jump into the film industry.

I am currently working on a few props at the moment, one being The Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy.

Hi to everyone, I'm a big aliens fan collector. I found this forum surfing on the web. I am looking to complete my aliens motion tracker and I need helps. So here I am.

Thanks

Good evening everyone.... glad to be here. Great looking forum.

Dominic

Well, how am I going to introduce myself? I am human. I have a multi-celled structure. And I enjoy prop design. I have recently started Tennant Sonic screwdriver which should be done soon!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back