re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Big welcome to all the newbies around here :D

also a big welcome to you Ian, nice to have another proper in Cheese state :D

This is to RE-introduce myself after about a three-year absence. I'm mainly a Star Wars, Rebel Legion costumer with a couple of Kenobi costumes (Clone Wars and Ep3). Still looking for resin pouch to out next to Covertech, and the correct Obi Wan buckle. I have started work on a Kyle Katarn (Academy/Outcast) costume. I have a modest FX lightsaber collection and I've made a few sabers using parts purchased locally or from customsabershop. I want to branch out into new areas: Alien, Predator, Mass Effect, Dead Space costumes. I'm interested in Pepakura but I live in Turkey and I cannot access 4shared, 'cos it's banned here. PropbuildersUK is a good reference site, I think. Good tutorials there. They sell Jesmonite - thin, water based fiberglass resin - which looks ideal for sealing Pepakura models. Just joined thehunterslair to start Predator costuming. I plan on setting up a workshop in my new house so I can start serious molding and casting. This site was recommended to me by a very good friend called Emre from TDH, and by Oz who owns a prop-themed cafe in Ankara called Lo&Loud. My photobucket name is Ata-pala. Check out my albums.

Hi everybody,

I am glad to be a member of such an amazing forum!
I have discovered it thanks to a good friend of mine Madrid Boba, definetively a great follower and Star Wars aficionado. I used to get impressed each time I see him "surfing" this forum.

I am sure I will enjoy and have great moments here.

Thanks and talk to you soon,

Mario :thumbsup

Hi All, I am new to the scene and am always open to tips and advice if anyone has any to give. I have done a little bit of noob stuff in my younger days but have wanted to get back into it and found you guys by visiting Universal Designs LTD web site and am glad I have.

Hello all, been reading this for quite a while, decided its time to say hi!
cheers
j

Hello,
I just signed up today. I've attempted to do costuming before and I can never seem to get it off the ground. I was hoping to start an ODST. Dont really know where to start as I have zero clue what I'm doing. hopefully I can stumble my way through this and come out with a hell jumper I can be proud of.

Hi there,

greetings from germany. Just signed up in this fantastic forum. I am collecting movie props since a while - the whole range from star wars, hellboy, resident evil, terminator up to the good the bad and the ugly. Started to build various gear on my own, since nothing suited is officially available.

Looking forward to fruitful discussions

Best

Hello all. New to the forum, which I guess is obvious since I am posting here.

Halloween, my favorite holiday (yes I said holiday) is fast approaching which means it's time to get serious. All of my friends call me the King of Halloween because I always put so much effort into my costumes each year. Each year I also make a costume for a friend. Here are the costumes I've done the last few years:

2011: TRON LEGACY
2010: Eric Draven (The Crow) - Me
2010: Beetlejuice - Friend
2010: Tyler Durden (Fight Club) - Friend
2009: Link (The Legend of Zelda) - Me
2009: Teen Wolf - Friend
2008: Jedi Knight - Me
2008: Hulk Hogan - Me
2008: The Ultimate Warrior - Friend
2007: Cobra Kai

I've put up a album of pictures of all of the above costumes.

http://www.therpf.com/members/thecountofzero/albums/my-costumes/

This year's plan is Tron Legacy. This is going to be quite the task, but I think with enough help from the experts on this forum, I can do it.

Thanks all,
Mike

Hi all,

Just like to say a big hello to the club.

I'm a member of tdh as Mandalorian Guard, prefer Jango trooper.

I signed up here to see the variety of things. Would like to get some ideas to make some props for star wars. Heard their people who have make Ewoks on here, anyone got the link to it. Any other little projects from star wars would be great to start off with.

Do like sci-fi, action films, comic characters and even video games characters.

Hello everyone
i'm Ignacio Pino and im from Argentina so first of all sorry if i have bad english or something like that i never paid attention to the english class. this is my first time in a forum and i dont know much about props or costume making but i always loved that and looking in internet i found pepakura so i decided to try, and here i am. i really like video games zombies and geek things and of course my guitar. right now im making a test of the iron man helmet MKIII of pepakura and y recently started the plasma cutter from dead space of pepakura too, i prefer to make thing from pep files that i find(still dont know how to make my own designs) , i think is more easy and cheap make props and costumes from pepakura but i dont know. well thats all i think i hope to fit here and meet everyone... and someone that speak spanish lol

Hey Everyone,

I joined years ago and well life got in the way, but i'm back. I love film and props and this forum has always had incredibly talented prop makers on it.

I have a few props including:
TE2 Stormtrooper costume,
300 spartan,
Roman Armour
And a few others.

I'm hoping to make a few short films in he next year and well wear better to find props.

Cheers Everyone
Eisso

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum after lurking it for a while. I stumbled upon it while googling for pepakura tutorials.
I am really new at this. Like, really really new =P so far i only made 3 things with the help of pepakura programs and they are not really anything worth mentioning, at least I think that way.
I plan to make stuff using pep/resin technique =P
Also I am approaching towards this as a hobby, mainly because my work and uni give me really little spare time to fully dedicate myself to it.
So far, I am really eager to do as much stuff as I can so I already have several things in mind to make.
That's about it.

Cheers,
Senfa

Hello. I joined awhile back and log in to check on new replica props that the members here are making every day. I found the site while looking for a way to build an easy Thermal Detonator ( ice cream scoops no less LOL). I am very much into building my own props from Star Wars, almost all of them with scratch built or found parts. Right now I am working on a 1:1 Speeder Bike and Luke's lightsaber from ESB. Next up after that will be a Stormtrooper lightsaber and a 1:1 R5-D4. Hope to talk to you all real soon.

Hiya, I'm Joe, was directed here by Harrison from Volpin Props after asking for some help with a Borderlands Psycho project that I'm hoping to finish before Halloween, if anyone has any input I'd be happy to hear it, I'm only just starting out in the world of prop/costuming, so any suggestions will be taken on board!

Hello everybody. My name is Chris Plyem and though a member for over a year, I don't get to this forum all too often. Once I'm allowed to post more, I'd like to review a dark knight cowl I got from Monsters in Motion. Just bear in mind for now, this cowl is NOT as advertised, in any way. If you want to know more about my experience, please contact me at my address. It's important to understand what you'll REALLY get for your 280.00. In the mean time, be careful of doing business with them. :sick:thumbsdown

Hello all, John D. here, from horrible north-east PA. I'm a big Star Wars nerd, working towards a custom Mandalorian costume. Found the RPF and figured I'd join to see if y'all have any new ideas for me that the Mando Mercs havent thought of! Been poking around the forums, getting inspired and amazed at the work you folks are doing here.

Hello all!

My name is Tony, and I'm a sci fi fan. Totally thrilled to see the Batman stuff here.

I've been employed at the Kennedy Space Center since 1984 working on the space shuttle, and I look forward to peeking at what you guys do/produce in here! Such Talent!

Hi everybody! I just wanted to say hi to all and that I'm really excited to get started in Cosplay suit building and buying! I am looking to buy an Ironman costume as Ive saved up a lot of money on my summer job so if anybody is interested in building me one just let me know ok. Thanks! Continued success to everybody.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back