re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi there Im Jorge From mexico, begginer in modeling and prosthetic make up, I hope to learn a lot from all of you!
Cheers!

Hello, I'm new. I've been interested in costuming and advocating for Halloween to become a federal holiday for many years. Until recently I have mostly just built Halloween costumes. A few years ago I was introduced to Dragon*Con (D*C) in Atlanta and have since stared to get quite involved in prop building, mostly large scale weapons.

Here is my Steampunk costume/gun from D*C 2010:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....438599251168.201649.507991168&type=1&theater

And this is a work in progress of my Dieselpunk gun for D*C 2011:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7626917&l=a6581592ce&id=507991168

Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. I look forward to collaborating, learning and sharing to a better prop and costume.

Cheers!
—Dimitry

New here in to star wars and marvel props and costumes lookinf for rodians wampas now any masks or busts out there???

Hello.
I'm pretty new to this and i'm just looking forward to picking up some information as i start.

Ok so better late than never. I kinda lurk around here without posting much. I'm big into puppets and robotics. I'm learning to sculpt but progress is slow.

So if people are even going to read this deep into the "introduce yourself" thread then this MIGHT get seen.

I found out about this site because adam savage from mythbusters mentioned in in a talk about model building and kitbashing he did. He mentioned a nice gentlemen on the site helped him make a model hawk of some sort.

It looked like a good resource so I checked it out, I want to get into replica prop building to make props for my movies that are mysteriously unavailable online (space helmets for one) or completely unique and difficult to recreate without real prop building skills.

I am hoping to find some great tutorials in here and get community support when I finally start on my next project so it comes out reasonable. This is a brave new frontier for me but it looks to be very exciting. The possibilities are endless!:wacko

Hi everyone, I'm Snowy, and I'm an 18 year old girl from the land Down Under. I've a bit of an obsession with costume and theatre make-up. I despise foundation and all the crap girls my age like to smother on their skin. I particularly like steampunk, period costumes, horror make-up, and anything shiny. Sherlock Holmes is my current number one love, previous to that was the manga D•N•Angel.

I consider myself to be a bit of a film geek, if not geek, then certainly one who adores good films. A word of warning: don't let me get bored. I will doodle on anything and everything that I can take away with me - takeaway menus, coasters, napkins, those paper tablecloths some restaurants have. Currently, I'm building up a steampunk outfit for a convention in a few months time, where my friend is going as a steampunk pirate. Either that, or I'll be throwing together a female version of Tony Stark. It doesn't matter which way I go - it's going to be fun!

I found RPF while I was searching for art nouveau/art deco architecture this morning and decided that I ABSOLUTELY had to be a part of this community!

Last edited:

Hello everyone.

I actually used to hang around the old RPF back in the early 2000s and got curious to see what was going on in the world of props and found this place.

I have done a a little building over the years and some simple effects work for a couple really low budget horror films.

Hello everyone,

after a long time as visitor i finally joined this great place, because i decided that reading isn't enough.
The talent and creativity on this forum inspired me to start some of my many projects waiting in my head:)
For example i wouldn't have started my versions of harry potter textbooks, if there weren't those brilliant threads lately.
I hope to learn alot here and maybe contribute some too.

Glad to be here

Hi one and all :)

I am a keen modeller and I guess that from Games Workshop stuff I grew up into wanting to create replicas of cool stuff I had seen in films etc.

I originally wanted to make a Storm Trooper suit of armour but after finding out what was involved I decided that there was no way I could commit to things like a vacuum forming table etc....

I soon found the 405th due to being a major Halo fan and figured that Pep and fibreglassing was a much quicker and easier looking way to get a project finished. I still haven't managed to finish my suit, I was about halfway through when I had to move house and then move again shortly after (military, what can you do?) so it got trashed and I threw it out.

I am starting again with the Halo stuff but I figured in the meantime I would try to make a Green Ranger outfit for a lad I know to get my hand in again before re-attempting my Halo Pep.

So thats me really. I love rock music, reading, gaming, motorcycles, surfing, live music..... All that good wholesome stuff that your mum said you shouldn't do :)

I hope to have a good time here and meet a few of you around the site :)

Take care and fly safe.

Matt.

Well, I suppose I should do this at some point.

My name is Kevin, and I just recently stumbled upon this wonderful site. On a typical day I would normally visit 10-12 various sites regularly, but since I found The RPF that number has dropped to 2 or 3, simply because I waste all my time here now!

I'm very new to the props/replicas/costumes world, and my wife is dreading how expensive this hobby may become.

Just a brief look at what I have done in the past:

The first Halloween costume I put together, about 5 years ago, the Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride

l_a420922b4ddcf145a61c4525a5430e41.jpg

Next, my Iron Man flight stabilizer and arc reactor, which can be found inthis thread

DSC_0343.jpg

Finally, my latest project, I have begun pepping an IM helmet

2011-08-09002745.jpg

For Halloween this year, I will be Jake Lonergan from Cowboys and Aliens. So far, I have several of the items I need, and am still looking for a few more

Hello Everybody,

I'm Dan, originally from wales, now living out in sunny Brisbane Oz. There's not really much to say, I signed up because this seems like an amazing community full of fantastic people. I'm very new to Oz so any Australians on here i'll be asking you guys were to get supply's.

I've never made props/costumes but I've always been interested in them (especially after lurking around here) I've started to make a few paper pepakura files and i'll keep you guys up dated on the progress of those.

I find it hard to figure out what I'm going to build cos I'm limited by my height I'm only 5'4'' and i would like to get some peoples ideas on what costumes to make... Cos i don't think a 5'4'' Iron man would look right!

but I'm heavily influenced by comic books/ Video games and you guys will see that in my future designs/creations.

Dj Gamer

Hy!

I became a member after hearing about the RPF from Adam Savage. I was always a big props fan but have always been held back in acquiring or recreating props by money problems. So the RPF for me means low cost or at least proven to work IDEAS and a community of fellow prop enthusiasts since in my experience the "prop movement" in my country (Slovenija) isn't as massive as in others western countries.
I am very interested in game and movie props. I have little experience in using tools or skulpting but have been painting Warhammer miniatures for a few years so i got that covered :).

I do apologise for any grammatical and spelling mistakes - I can speak better than i can write - and am happy to be a part of the RPF.

Hello,
Joined because I want to build my own Superman suit for Halloween and a good friend of mine lives by this site. If you have any good information about making a good suit, or where to purchase an accurate one on a budget please let me know.

Hey folks, my name is Ryan. I'm pretty new at this kind of thing, but just recently a friend of mine made a short film that I was pretty involved with. I tackled just about any problem that came up, and got a lot of new experience. I discovered that I really, really liked building the props.

I've always been a guy that just likes to build stuff and make things, and this is sort of a new passion of mine. I hope to wring out of you fine people as much knowledge as I possibly can. :p

Hi, My name is Robert and found this site by accident. Love it very
much. Interesting bloggers. Anyway saw some pics on Capt americas shield.

Quote: Its not who I am, but what I do that defines me".

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

hi. i'm originally from Denton TX but i moved to Massachusetts about two years ago. i love it here but i have found it is tart to get a hold of large amounts of white 3 or 4 millimeter craft foam as i am trying to two sets of storm trooper armor in time for Halloween. i find people who think people over the age of eight should dress up for Halloween irritating. like really old scabs. not to insult anyone ,although i doubt any of those people are on this site. :ninja <--(i just added this guy because ninjas are awesome.)

Name Coolc. Couldn't think of a better name so kinda stuck with the first thing came from mouth.

I live in the Northeast US. I've been an active modeler for years. Last year year I stumbled accross 405th because I wanted to build some costumes for my kids. Now I am an active member of 405th. I wanted expand my knowledge so I decided to join RPF.

IMG_8524.jpg

Now I'm in my second year and I'm as addicted to this hobby as ever. I'm currently working on my kids' ODST and should be finishing them in a month or so.

Here is a work in progress ODST.
IMG_1657.jpg

My kids' costumes lack a lot of details being that they are costumes and they will grow out of them. One day I may make something for myself with all the bells or whistles.

Hey, I'm a huge fan of a lot of the work that people do here. It's amazing how much time and effort go into some of these costumes and hope to contribute as much as possible, I recently just started with pepakura and was hoping to make a pepakura bombardier helghast when I was looking for the goggles I stumbled onto this site and felt there was a lot to offer, I can't wait to be a member of this community.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back