re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kay :) I was looking for fonts to make a poster for a Harry Potter themed item I was making today and stumbled across this awesome site (I've been on it ever since)!!! I can't say I've made alot of replicas, because I haven't, but it's something I am highly interested in pursuing!

A year ago I made a Hogwarts Acceptance Letter for my little brother and it was such a massive hit for him and his classmates that I started selling them on Etsy and have had much success! I have alot of fun making them. I've given them my own special touches, so they aren't exact replicas.

I'd love some thoughts from the "experts" here :) on what you think of them and what I could do to improve them etc... But I suppose I can start a new thread somewhere for that! :)

I'm excited to see what else this site and you amazing creators have to offer here, as my interests go way above and beyond just Harry Potter!

Thanks for reading!!!

Kay

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kay :) I was looking for fonts to make a poster for a Harry Potter themed item I was making today and stumbled across this awesome site (I've been on it ever since)!!! I can't say I've made alot of replicas, because I haven't, but it's something I am highly interested in pursuing!

A year ago I made a Hogwarts Acceptance Letter for my little brother and it was such a massive hit for him and his classmates that I started selling them on Etsy and have had much success! I have alot of fun making them. I've given them my own special touches, so they aren't exact replicas.

I'd love some thoughts from the "experts" here :) on what you think of them and what I could do to improve them etc... But I suppose I can start a new thread somewhere for that! :)

I'm excited to see what else this site and you amazing creators have to offer here, as my interests go way above and beyond just Harry Potter!

Thanks for reading!!!

Kay

I'd love to see those! I'm no expert, but my whole family is big H.P. fans. I am definitely not a stickler for screen accuracy, though a few others might be. Just be careful of the new member rule against selling things on the RPF.

Hello everyone!

I stumbled on this site just researching the prop and replica industry and have been majorly inspired! There are some real pros here and I'm learning a lot already. I have experience sculpting and have fine art pieces that have shown in galleries, I've had pen and ink drawings published, I've done lots of resin casting and vacuum forming, and can't wait to try new techniques I've seen here.

I'm really looking forward to being part of the community here and hope to contribute in a meaningful way. Eventually my dream is to sell really cool props and replicas here and to earn a good reputation in the community. To that end I've already learned a lot about what not to do lol.

Once again I'd just like to say hi to all, and I look forward to being a member of the community here :)

Hi Soti! I did see the rules on not selling anything so I hope no one thinks that is what I'm trying to do, I just posted a thread with my link so that I can have some people look at it and give feedback. Check it out, I'd really love to hear what you think!

Kay

I'd love to see those! I'm no expert, but my whole family is big H.P. fans. I am definitely not a stickler for screen accuracy, though a few others might be. Just be careful of the new member rule against selling things on the RPF.

Hi - I'm Chuck ( aka THE HUN). I was looking for some tips on repairing a rubber creature mask and found this site 3 days ago. I have not closed the window since ...

kay - I would like to see those H.P. creations as well but do not see a link here.

I am a former comic artist but have been exploring prop making (another form of art).

cheers

Hi! I stumbled across this site while looking for armor-making tips and ended up marathoning through the Tron: Legacy Costume thread.

I'm overwhelmed by the talent and knowledge here. :thumbsup

Hi everyone,
My name is Joss, and i'm an airsoft skirmisher who travels from England to America and back frequently. I specialize in gas blowback airsoft pistols, and have manufactured screen accurate and functionally skirmishable 1911s from resident evil, sin city and any second world war films. At the moment I'm trying to manufacture two underworld berettas and accompanying holsters, a project I'm having difficulty with.
I hope to become a frequent and useful forum user in the future.

Hello!
I am J. Stultz, and I am a Star Wars geek (since 1977).

I am a member of the 501st, Carolina Garrison, the Rebel Legion, Blue Ridge Base and other Sw related forums. I have seen links to the RPF for a long time but for some reason never spent any time here.

I got dragged here by a search that landed me on WebChiefs Ahsoka build.....WOW BOB!

I am interested in doing another costume or two, possibly not SW, so this site is going to be a good resource.

J.

Hi everyone.......... joined a few days ago.
Been lurkin' for quite a while.
Iam so blown away by all thats being done on here.
Hope to beable to contribute at some point.
Thanks.......................

Hello!
Instead of posting boring words I let pictures speak on my behalf :)
Enjoy!

Protoss

Heya! i'm Jerri-Kay and i live in the UK. i love games, comics, cons and all that jazz :) nice to meet you all. i love lara croft, resident evil, call of duty, films films and more films. oh and cosplay. well i dont really call it cosplay (i'm not into anime too much!) i love making replica props and costumes :) have to be screen accurate of course!

hi everyone :) after months of lurking around on this site and realising how awesome it is i have decided to sign up and start chatting to you guys as you all seem really nice people and superbly talented.

Hi there,

A good friend told me about this forum and showed some of the Junkyard posts. Once upon a time I used to make easy replicas and am now in the process of constructing some unique pieces. Hoping to learn a lot during the limited time I have to peruse.

Be well.

Good afternoon - I posted a couple times already but wanted to introduce myself. Name's either Dave or Spike, depending on who you ask =0) and I was sort of invited here by your own Tom/mrbungle at POC4 in Birmingham. I believe I've seen the forum before, last Halloween when I was looking to make or buy a Big Daddy cowl from KickAss (the only one I found anybody makes was too expensive and too long a lead time, so I made my own.) I'm an artist in a few forms, such as video game concept art and book illustration; a few years ago I started making costumes, and that's taken on a life of its own.

Anyways, most of my props and costumes are from video games and cartoons, and I make as much or more for my other half, than I do for myself =0). I tend to make things out of cheap or junk materials by hand and with handtools; I don't have any experience with moldmaking, and I don't have any big creation equipment, so forgive me if some of my stuff is sub-par. But I absolutely love it.

Hi, my name's Carlton. I've been a member for a while now but never introduced myself. Most of my experience has been in building models, but I recently moved to props. I've enjoyed the work I've seen on the site and it's been a great inspiration. Here's to putting up some build pics soon.

Hello, I'm David and I joined because I'm a Dr. Who, Torchwood, Warehouse 13, Eureka, and a few others. I decided to try my hand at making some props. First one I want to do are the easy ones like ID Cards. I've looked at the site and found a few Torchwood IDs, so I have a start. I'll post my stuff once I get them done.

Fab site and so much talent out there!

I came across this site whilst searching for original POTA stuff.

I had no idea until now.

Roboto is in the house

Hey,

From Long Island, NY. I am a sci-fi modeler that found this site while searching for Weta props and references for this mini District 9 gun I made on my machine. My hobby is Solidworks design and 3D printing.

District9AssaultRifleSmall.jpg

DSC03018.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back