re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Well the names RITZ
nickname I got from paintball and it just stuck.
Been interested in building props and cosplay for a while.
started back in high school where tape+cardboard painted black made our guns.

right now playing airsoft so those have taken the place of a lot of gun props.

Hello I'm MagnaRyuu
I am from Wisconsin.
I dabble in mask making and prop design.
This fall I will be going to The Douglas Education Center in Monessen, Pennsylvania. Where I will be taking the Tom Savini Special Makeup Effects Course.

My main influences for the props i design is Japanese Tokusatsu (i.e. Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, etc.)

Oh just to clarify, the type of masks I make are not what you all are probably thinking. I make masks from blank masquerade masks. I've included links to the mask pictures.

First Mask:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Kreaden/Crafting/picture_b-1.jpg

Second Mask: (Feminine Mask made as a gift for a friend)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Kreaden/Crafting/101_2123.jpg

Third Mask: (Simple one for my brother to wear on Halloween)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Kreaden/Crafting/101_2128.jpg

Fourth Mask: (A Japanese Oni inpsired mask, mocked up with how it will look when finished)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Kreaden/Crafting/DSCN0083.jpg

Last edited:

Aveezy desu, hagimema****e.
heard of the forum on backyard fx youtube channel, thought it seemed cool and wanted to join

:) Hi all
I have just registered here. I am a long standing member of propsummit. Having built an almost perfect replica of Deckard's blaster from Blade Runner using all original parts, I have turned my attention to doing a Lightsaber, but need some help!!

Hi. I found this site last year when I was searching for a replica He-Man sword, and created an account earlier this year. I don't have much in the way of replicas other than a few movie and TV swords and a Time Bandits map, but love seeing what's out there.

Last edited:

Howdy....

Was doing some research and came across this board.. Was also looking for a more friendly forum to post prop pictures on, and hope this is the place :).

I started off building Star Wars models as a kid. Still have a Tie Fighter, un painted, sitting on my display shelf. Even had a C3PO model kit at one point. Now I've graduated to more serious stuff...

I'm hitting the learning curve with Ghostbusters.....and eventually want to go to the main prop dream: A working R2 Unit.....

Interesting place you got here.. will be exploring it for the next few days..

Greetings from famously hot Columbia, South Carolina! I have been a reenactor for years, usually making my own stuff to save money. I made a SW blaster about 7 years ago and really enjoyed the process so I'd like to build more props. I do a lot of leather work and hope to contribute there as needed.
Thanks for allowing me onboard!
Bukra65

I've always watched a youtube show called backyard fx that builds movie props and they put a link in one of their videos to this site, I saw all the amazing and talented builds and knew I had to make an account :)

Hey, hope to make some awesome stuff. HUGE Zombie Fanatic. Some needs to make that bad raygun into a realistic prop. Also Thundergun and WunderWaffle DG-2 from the Call of Duty series. Also a nice Pack-A-Punch paint Job. Going to make a Video!

Hello, I'm 9jack9, I'm an independent (read: amateur) filmmaker living in Southern Ontario. I've been making movies for a little while as Director and as a CGI animator and I've been interested for the past little while in making stuff like I do in 3D in real life.

So basically I'm coming in to prop building with little experience but excited to learn to do some of this stuff. I've been looking around the forum for a bit and an really impressed with the level of quality on display, hopefully a little of that can rub off on me:lol

Hey all!! I have been lurking on forums for over 6 months now, and finally signed up. I love all the work you all do here, it inspires me daily. I am a huge Toy collector, which then branched out to Movie Props. I am afraid now that I signed up that once I visit the forums on stuff for sale, that I will be broke, lol. I look forward to getting to know you all better as time goes on..

hello... welcome joint to RPF, i'm @ry, 20 years old, & a marketing.:thumbsup
grey.png

Hi Everyone,

My name is Andy, I really love all the amazing work and collections going on! I was introduced to this site by a friend (who is also on here) I am new to prop making but have a few ideas I wanna work on. Hopefully will be starting soon so be ready to get questioned! Lol!

hi everyone im s TREK fan and really into props, im not gunna sell on here only buy if th chance arrives if thats ok?

Hi,

I'm happy to be here with you !!!! my first question is, where can i find the pep file for ironman helmet, i want to make one to begin, thank you very much for your help.

BR

Oliver The Skull ;)

HI Nick G from the U.K. here, glad to finally get a computer, and join this great site.I am a huge fan of Gerry Andersons work, the mighty Ridley Scott, Star Trek, Quaterermass, Sapphire and Steel ,Starship troopers,Max Headroom, 2001,Planet of the apes,Tron,the list is endless.I hope to find some great info to help me cobble some semi good costumes for my lady and myself to kill ourselves wearing at con discos etc.When we are "in costume" we rarely take them off for the whole evening, which can be "Fun".I have just got one of these new fangled digital cameras, and after i get my achohol soaked brains around how it works, i will hopefully be able to post some photos of things instead of just talking em up.
we own a variety of original props/costumes from the following-
STARSHIP TROOPERS, SST 2,BABYLON 5,SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND,SPACE:1999
SEAQUEST,EARTH:FINAL CONFLICT, and others.
With our replica outfits, we go for catching the spirit of the outfits rather than in depth detailing, as long as its reasonably accurate, we are happy....although with this site in the frame now, that may change??
cheers!

Hi I just want to dive head first in to making props.. hope i don't bug you guys with too many questions

Allor!

Skip to the end...

I'm a giant nerd, as is the boyfriend Tim... We most recreate props that go with some of our favorite cosplays (i.e. for me, Rose Tyler's BAMF gun from series 4, Satan Pit gun, for him the Proton Pack from army of Ghosts among countless others - DW fans, can you tell). I'm more of the costume maker and expert painter whilst Tim is epic at constructing pretty accurate props from pictures and foam core board. In my spare time I'm a SFX makeup artist and Tim's a Film Student at SCAD.

Anyway *waves* see some of you all around I guess :D

Hey guys. I gave myself the name Boba86Solo as I like the duality between the two characters, even though they really never have a straight fight in the movies. I always imagined when the non-rocket firing Boba Fett hit my mailbox, back in the late 70s, that Boba Fett and Han Solo would have a showdown. Lucas never gave me the shoot out I wanted to see, but I can imagine that it would have looked like a high tech gunslinger scene from outside a saloon in a western.

Once I got that Kenner Boba Fett in the mail I started creating my first prop at the age of 11. My first prop you ask? It was a Boba Fett helmet made out of plastic plant pots of different colors cut with an old electronics welding iron. It was a great tool for cutting the green, terracotta and black plastic pieces apart and helped in welding them back together into a rough version of Boba’s Bucket. Ultimately my step-dad thought it was trash and it went out with the trash without me knowing or I might have kept the piece of junk till today. ;)

So, as my Granddad was very good at working with wood and electronics, and my family comes from a strong line of woodworkers, I also have the gene. Yes, woodworking has become my hobby, but I enjoy making items out of wood, metal, plastics, casting materials, and painting them. I don’t always have time to work on the projects I want, as I’m a big kid stuck in a man’s body with a great wife. Sometimes the “great wife” keeps me busy with projects which are more necessary to our home. That is ok, as part of my home is dedicated to my collection, and I have to keep that protected. :lol

So you can guess that Star Wars is my favorite to collect, but others in order are Raiders of the Lost Ark (Indy Jones items), 300, Terminator, Fight Club, Dark Knight, Predator, Snatch, Pulp Fiction, etc.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back