nate truman, from starcarcentral.com batmobiles and more!

Hey fellow fans of cool stuff!
I guess I am a BIG prop builder, as I have a street legal 66 batmobile, KITT from knight Rider and A-Team van, and am working on a 92 Keaton style batmobile. Love to tinker and build stuff for myself, and my pals at starcarcentral.com probably need to all join up for props for their star cars too. Shoephones, light sabers, replica guns and costumes are needed for most of the cars on the site! I will spread the word! I will spend some time lurking and reading, but just wanted to see all the cool stuff other fans have been making! I mainly am interested in WORKING bat gadgets at this point.
Grapple guns that fire, metal batarangs that will stick into wood when thrown, stuff like that. for any of the bat versions. So now I will go hunting!:ninja

re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello Everybody! I'm new here too! :)

I'm living in Quebec, Canada and i'm a BIG FAN of Star Wars, Star Trek, Space 1999, RoboCop and Aliens.

I started a little Props Collection like a laser pistol (light & sound) from Battlestar Galactica (TOS), a Green Force FX Light Saber (MR). Also i have many others items related to these SCI-FI movies.

I really enjoy your Forum and it's very interesting.

hey guys!! new guy here on the site.
Im a younger collector, and only have a few props(will try to post some later) I have lots of fun in the hunt for new and exciting props. cant wait to get settled in the forums and hopefully I can bring something new to the table. I also have access to a rapid prototype machine, so if you have a need i can try my best.

Evenin' all.

After seeing all the cool stuff that Scapey has managed to snap up on here I figured it was about time to sign up.

Ive not got much of a collection so far, mostly videogame stuff, easily made. Ive got a ton of lofty ideas though, so hopefully ill find some ideas and tips here. =]

Bolty

Eventual goal is to post some things in the junkyard, but until then just hanging out. I design electronics and write software. Am available to answer questions relating to making your prop more realistic with electronics.

In the past I have made from scratch a Ghostbuster's Proton Pack and a Halo Energy Sword. Both are fairly bada**.

Sword Video: YouTube - Halo Sword FX Demo

405th on Halo Waypoint by thatdecade, on Flickr (that is me on the right)

hi there didnt know this sort of thing existed, was just looking for an iron man mask for my son.
wow blown away buy some of the pics of members costumes
how do you guys (girls) do it .Do you use pepakura and how do i get it!
if not hope thats not an insult (using pep i mean)
hellbstard

Hi all,

I'm a movie fan who just found this site today, on the foot of two recommendations from people. I'm from Ireland and I'm 25. I've been searching for a replica of the cryo-can from Jurassic Park for some time and I hope people here can point me in the right direction!

One movie prop I DO have is a piece of the Red Weed from the War Of The Worlds movie. It's a piece from the actual set, taken by an extra working there. So I guess I'm not so new to this!

I have a feeling this will become an addiction, since I love movies.

Hello everyone. I was a member here 10 years ago and kinda got too busy. I'm here again and look forward to my stay. I live in Austin, Tx and have been making various helmets and costumes for years. Next project on the list is to make a full new series cyberman suit. Wish me luck!

Hi All. I've been lurking around these forums for a while; but have decided to register on the advice of the good Baron von Blondle. I've only been propmaking since Christmas; but I've had years of Airfix/D&D/WH40k and RPG miniatures. I'll post some of my works once I've familiarised myself with the mechanics of this site, in the meantime here's a link to my Flickr site.

Flickr: Kryten2010's Photostream

Kev.

Hello everyone. I have been interested in movie swords and daggers since my parents let me buy my first sword. I have modest talent in sculpture (more than the average person but nothing compared to the experts here) but have had little time to develop it since school (science/medicine) always came first.

My goals are to build a suit (mandalorian or Royal guard perhaps) and join the 501st, then build an astro mech. those are years off as i develop my talent and my bank account.

In the mean time, I have been whittling buffy stakes, making light up green lantern rings, making thundercat weapons, and making some cool paper props I found on this board.

Interest include DC comics, Star Wars, Buffy, Babylon 5, 80's movies, Movie weapons, movie puppets.

Hope to talk to many of you soon.
Justin

Greetings All,

I wish I had all the skills behind me to offer up like most of you can and do. I feel privileged to be able to exchange and discuss ideas here in this forum. I have worked in advertising as an Art Director and then Creative Director for thirteen years and have shot several hundred commercials in that time. My local friends are illustrators, prop builders themselves and or mostly industry people. Please check out our collective efforts here YouTube - The Theatre Bizarre Picture Show The Collective is comprised of a dozen friends. We have been throwing this halloween party for many, many, many years. The video is old and we are in the process of developing a new one. The size of it has tripled since it was done. Last year brought almost 3,000 people. It's called Theatre Bizarre. It consumes about six properties in Detroit and runs a couple of weeks before Halloween, for one night only! Detroit News and Free Press call it Detroits Largest halloween party. We are adding a ferris wheel this year too. It' rocks hard. This demonstrates an awesome group effort. Check it out online for videos articles etc. That's my outlet beyond the day in and day out work that is now freelance city. I'll post my inquiries separately Thank you for your time. Best regards, Victor

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to get into making and figured this would be a great place to get ideas on techniques and fun projects.

I'm definitely into scifi movie and game props, and also interested in making my own original objects.

I've got a lot to learn and am excited to be able to see these amazing projects!

Amazing stuff. I have been following 405th for a while. It would completely rock for you guys to, goto Detroit and check out our Halloween party. We own six properties all combined etc. Check out our combined efforts here YouTube - The Theatre Bizarre Picture Show. Last year we had almost 3,000 people. A halo team would be top notch.

Best regards,
Victor

Hello Hello!

I'm a university student and was recommended to RPF by a friend of mine. Don't have any particular props yet but I hope to change that soon!

Hello All!

My name is Alan and I'm a forensic videographer from South West Florida. I've been dabbling in animatronics for almost 10 years and I have had great success in animating Predator and Alien masks, up until recently I've been mainly interested in Alien,Predator and Terminator related Masks and props. I have been curious about RPF for awhile and glad I registered.

Kindest Regards,

Alan

Hello everyone!

My name is Kris and I'm a media producer from Seattle. I've known about the RPF from friends but I've just now found the courage to join. :) I'm new to prop building but eager to read and learn what I can from the pool of talent here. I've only really dabbled with Battlestar Galactica costumes & props...but I would say my ultimate "costume" goal for the foreseeable future is the new TRON suit. I love the aesthetic of the new movie. It can be overwhelming to know where to begin when it comes to costume & prop building but I plan on taking my time and learning how to do things properly. It's enough to be exposed to all the great work coming in and out of here. I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Thanks btw to staff for help with my account!

Hello, everyone!

I only just registered, but I have been watching this forum for a very long time. After awhile, the reading became so interesting that I couldn't help but want to get involved in the discussions.

I have a few replicas, but my true passion lies within screen used props. I have a collection of authentic horror and sci-fi peices, and I hope to share them with all of you at some point.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to being a part of the community :)

D. Birch

Last edited:

Hey all, just started posting in a few threads so figured I should put up my intro here. I'm 28, and I've been interested in props and costumes for about 3 years, mostly just for my own convention-going purposes. I can cosplay well enough, but I've been wanting to hone my skills, in hopes of making a living off of this eventually. I really have no idea which direction I want to go yet--I like designing and replicating costumes, wouldn't mind working in tv and films, or theatres, or haunted houses, or museums, or...yeah. It's like that. I don't really have any expertise in any areas yet. I've done a little bit of everything in order to make a whole costume come together myself, but nothing I'd be proud to show off here yet. I've improved a million times over in the last few years, so I know that with training I can do something impressive, I'm just hoping that seeing the skill level here on the boards will inspire me to really hunker down and focus on something specific for a while.

Hey everyone, I am farely new hear and am 29 years old and have loved movie props and replicas for years now. I am excited to be a member of the forums :)

Whats up everyone!?

Im a las vegas spray paint artist down on the strip. Ive always done my own costume but after finding this forum i plan on taking it to the next level. My big inspiration for this progression was the up and coming Tron legacy movie. so thats what i will be working on. so if any one has any advise on dragon skin or el wire and anything else , feel free to hit me up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back