Re: New to this world

Hello -

New member here...someone informed me about your site after seeing these "Inception" tops I made... I am also new to the world of movie prop replication...I fell into it after seeing the latest Christopher Nolan movie...I liked it (not as much as 'Memento' or 'The Prestige') but I really liked the Top totem...and I wanted one.

I am currently learning to be a machinist...I did the CAD design for my top from memory and a couple of googled images so it is definitely not a precise replica but its close and it does spin like a dream.

Wow, that is a gorgeous little thing. I kinda wish they'd done more with the totems. I loved that movie too, and am probably gonna track down 'Memento' and 'The Prestige' now.

re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello guys (and girls), my name os Eduardo and i'm from Brazil. I'm following this forum for a while now and i intend to prepare some props and costume for the near future.

I hope to count on your advices when the time comes.

bye!!

Hello everyone from Germany!

I heard about this forum from a couple of friends and thought, i´ll give it a try.
At the moment i´m making latex masks from different movies and television series, the last from Doctor Who...i´ll show it to you...

Cheers

Carsten

I've been a member for ages (over a year, apparently), but did not post for one reason or another. Decided to kick in and post, now that I'm intending on working on a PASIV device with my dad. It's an insane learning curve for both of us, but I feel like if I want my costumes to look any bit decent, my props need to shine.

Hello Everyone. I'm hoping I can find some help with making or purchasing some clonetrooper armor.

Hi guys. Im Derrick, im into Scifi,prop making and costuming. I found this site and now im hooked.:cool

Guess I should actually do this.

Hi, I'm Geoff. I'm Canadian, and am currently in the last few tortuous months of completing a Masters of Applied Sciences in Materials Engineering. My undergrad was in Mechanical engineering.

For some reason I have an unshakable drive to build things. Until now, you have been all kept safe by the blessing that I'm a student and as such have little time, workspace or cash.

Most of my previous work has been low budget and decidedly amateur Halloween costuming. Currently I'm continuing that tradition by trying to cobble together (yet another) garbage-can-and-pop-rivet Ironman MkV. However, I'm trying to take it to the next level by incorporating as many expanding/contracting components as possible (especially in the upper back), and by trying to minimize the amount of visible gaps that plague this costume. I've also decided to switch to glued foam for the lower body to try to make construction less painful for my injured shoulder.

Once this shambling monstrosity of a project is complete, I'm going to be moving on to another irritating-nerd favorite: Ezio from Assassin's Creed 2. Specifically Ezio at Carnevale. So the embroidered temporary cape and the mask from Leonardo. I'll have to decide between Armor and no-armor. Doing armor means I can cheat and not have to make most of his very complicated clothing, not doing armor means I'll probably be a lot more comfortable.

We'll see.

Hidee ho everyone. I'm Adam. My username stands for Calaveras Custom Props. I'm a prop maker. I started out doing lightsabers for myself, but I do alot of different things. From blasters, to steampunk, scanners, anything you want or need I'll do my best to figure out how to make one. Basically, I got tired of looking for props, and only finding these things that are too big, too clunky, sometimes only HINTING at what they're supposed to be, and cost several hundred dollars. I can build a Green Lantern Power battery for less than $30 that lights up, but you can't find one on ebay for less than $250? Something's wrong there. Or a "stunt saber" that doesn't even light up, but because it's turned aluminum, it costs $200. I use mainly plastics for my props. Sometimes i find things and only give them paint jobs. I've done everything from total ground up fabrications, like my sabers, to the simplest of requests, like a friend's airsoft colt 1911's I gave the Hitman treatment to. Adding suppressors and the logo to the slide. Lately i've been on a huge Dr. Who kick. I've got a sonic screwdriver from the original series i've been working on awhile. Kind of stuck on that one. But my pride and joy is a McCoy Umbrella that I sold on ebay for $100 + shipping. At the moment, I'm working on a replica of Troughton's recorder for the same customer. I've also got in the works the 7th Doctor's digital pocket watch from Silver Nemesis, as well as the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator. The version used mainly by Anthony Ainley. Anyone who wants to check out my stuff, just go to my Myspace page. It's www.myspace.com/calaverascustomprops.

Greetings!

My name is Elias, i am from Greece.
I collect star trek and star wars replicas, so far i have two (MR star fleet assault phaser-MR Darth vader lightsaber).
I am glad to be here and i look forward to chat with u!
Live long and....may the force be with u!

Being a new member I cant really do anything until my post count is at least 20 and there arent many threads it will allow me to post on

Hello All,

Glad to be part of the forum.

I am seaching for all the components to create my own darth vader reveal mask. Is there any one out there that can help?

Hey everyone, I'm Josh, and I absolutely love this site. After lurking for a while, I finally decided to become a member, and look forward to becoming an active member of this community :D

Hello, My name is Joe and not only am I new to the forum, but I am also relatively new to modeling. I am in college currently and I have always enjoyed building and painting, but never took the time to complete a model kit to the best of my abilities. I just finished a MPC Tie Interceptor and more recently a Scott Brodeen 16" Nautilus. I have learned so much from this site and I am learning more and more the more models that I build, thanks to everyone on here!

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex and I'm a prop collector. I have been an active collector for about 12 yrs. I look forward to sharing and learning here. I have tons of questions so please have patience with me. I will try to not be too annoying.

Glad to be here,

Alex

Hey all, Elijah here. Long time lurker. Currently working on a few projects leaning more towards the Halloween/Convention costume kind of stuff as opposed to the hard core screen accurate props I see you all building. Good to be here.

Hello, My name is Joe and not only am I new to the forum, but I am also relatively new to modeling. I am in college currently and I have always enjoyed building and painting, but never took the time to complete a model kit to the best of my abilities. I just finished a MPC Tie Interceptor and more recently a Scott Brodeen 16" Nautilus. I have learned so much from this site and I am learning more and more the more models that I build, thanks to everyone on here!

Good to see more college-aged people here. I'm a Baltimore student myself with an obsessive building disorder : )

I am seaching for all the components to create my own darth vader reveal mask. Is there any one out there that can help?

Welcome Buddha,
Excellent prop, and this is the place to be if you are building one.

I believe member sskunky is working on a kit. I am not sure if it's available or he is making part runs sequentially. Be ready to hemorrhage cash, because the reveal is not cheap. :love

Hello. I've been lurking for a few months and figured it was time to finally introduce myself.

I've previously made both an Ash (from "Army of Darkness") costume and indymogul style chainsaw hand. Right now I'm working on the Colt from "Supernatural".

Hey everyone my name is Sean and i live in Orlando Florida. I currently build and maintain props for Disney World, but i also do things for myself. I am working on severl movie replica props and look foward to learning and building things for the members here!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back