re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi Everyone,

Yet another newbie here. I have been on rebelscum for many years, but have recently decided to become more active here. Obviously, from the name, you could gather that I am a Star Wars Fan. I also love Star Trek, Lost, Fringe, Harry Potter...well most Sci-Fi. I collect Gentle Giant, Attakus, Master Replicas and I love autographs.

This seems to be an excellent source.

Hey Everyone,

Name Carlos, & I'm from southern California. I guess I started building myself props (I called them toys way back then) when I was just a kid. Everything from ghost busters, to Ninja turtle weapons & everything in between. I even once passed middle school English & took my grade from an F to an A by making an arsenal of prop weapons out of wood (swords, Shields, Spears, Axes) then donating them to the class after a school project. I was into the Ren faire for a while, but fell out of costuming & prop building for a number of years.

Recently I got back into & going to cons in a big way with building a ANH Storm Trooper, which lead to building a Black Hole Trooper, which has now lead too ANH Han solo build.

IMG_2096.jpg

MG_2680.jpg

Ive decided to build my very own GK style DL-44 & have been pointed to these forms again & again. So here I am....

Hello, my name is Ethan. I live in NH and as many here, my interests span many hobbies. I have a small man cave (about 11X11 room with a closet) to fill with projects. I've been a member of the R2 Builders Group for years. But I also have ambitions with models and making a Captains chair. I recently started work on my website DroidFactory.net based on an favorite toy.

Hello, my name is Ethan. I live in NH and as many here, my interests span many hobbies. I have a small man cave (about 11X11 room with a closet) to fill with projects. I've been a member of the R2 Builders Group for years. But I also have ambitions with models and making a Captains chair. I recently started work on my website DroidFactory.net based on an favorite toy.

Hey Ethan! nice R3-Y2 really liked it congratz!:love

Hi everyone!

Greetings from Finland. Now where should I begin...ok, I love movies. I am passionate about them. You know, you really can't watch Aliens or SW films too many times. I've worked as a freelance FX and prop tech in TV and theatre, I am a performing magician (magic has been a part of my life for 30 years now), also consult and design magic. On the side I do freelance 3D animation and rendering, mostly to corporate tradeshow market and ad agencies and such.

I love building things. Models are a great love of mine. As far as props go, I dont have a huge collection but the ones I have are very very dear to me. My favorite prop is definately OB1 ANH saber, such a beautiful thing-I find myself picking it up every day just to adore it. The building philosophy of the forementioned saber and Luke's and Vader's sabers appeals to me a lot-I remember being disappointed on Luke's ROTJ saber as a kid. I guess I am old-school in that way! Getting real stuff and putting it together in new ways to make something is very cool. Kit-bashing, yeah that rocks.

Currently I am gearing up to start on E11 as my deac Sterling should get here from UK pretty soon. Actually today I had an epiphany regards the Hengstler, but I guess I will get to that later!

I also love film music, theatre and travelling. In addition to building and freelancing and magic, I am working on my 2nd Masters and going towards a doctorate.

Looking forward to seeing great stuff, having good exchange of ideas and making new friends.

Hey all!

I have been lurking for months but just joined up yesterday to post my first question from sunny Boynton Beach, FL.

I have a pneumatic engineering background. I have always loved movies. I have never been into the cosplay thing until I saw Tron: Legacy this past December. Now I am all about obtaining a replica HAL 9000 panel and an arc reactor while I am at it. I am currently modding(?) a kit I purchased. (that is where I found a link to the RPF) for my Tron identity disc (toy) that I obtained at Target. And I have to say I am hooked line and sinker!

If you ever have any questions about pneumatic motion control systems drop me a line! I posted a picture of a big project I worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey samflynn welcome. Yeah I check targets by my house almost everyday. I have like 7 rinzler discs, and 3 kevin flynn ones. Then I have my custom ones. Anyone want to bye some let me know.

Hey samflynn welcome. Yeah I check targets by my house almost everyday. I have like 7 rinzler discs, and 3 kevin flynn ones. Then I have my custom ones. Anyone want to bye some let me know.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I knew they made those white discs but I have never seen them at my Target... you are lucky those are worth like $60 on ebay!

Hey all!

I have been lurking for months but just joined up yesterday to post my first question from sunny Boynton Beach, FL.

I have a pneumatic engineering background. I have always loved movies. I have never been into the cosplay thing until I saw Tron: Legacy this past December. Now I am all about obtaining a replica HAL 9000 panel and an arc reactor while I am at it. I am currently modding(?) a kit I purchased. (that is where I found a link to the RPF) for my Tron identity disc (toy) that I obtained at Target. And I have to say I am hooked line and sinker!

If you ever have any questions about pneumatic motion control systems drop me a line! I posted a picture of a big project I worked.

Sam, I'm bookmarking your name just in case a project pops up.... But what is that picture of. What are my eyes seeing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey everybody, I'm Scott from Cumbria, England. I stumbled across this site whilst searching for Halloween costume ideas last year, then spent many hours looking through posts. During this time I was constantly amazed by the ingenuity, determination, skill and helpful nature of the members here.

After a lot of looking at the impressive achievements on this site, I was inspired to try and create my own prop for display/to wear. I decided on Iron Man, as I have been a fan since childhood and there was an abundance of examples to follow.

I've been a member for a while now, but was too caught up in viewing posts for inspiration/instruction to make any posts myself.

I now own a cast of an Iron Man helmet which I believe was made by monkeeman, I hope to make some progress on finishing this helmet and creating an impressive display piece in the near future.

Cheers
Scott

Hi there everyone, I'm Quentin Macleod from Aberdeen, Scotland. I have been following this website for quite sometime now and finally took the dive into joining the forum.

I am a cosplayer and a prop collector I've been collecting mostly sentai props/costumes over the last few years and have been making some of my own sentai costumes too. I'm now exending my reach to some of the more old school and clasic costumes. Rocketeer being No1 on my list! I am also looking for someone to help me create my own Superman/Smallville costume.

Whilst trailing through some of the amazing threads of the sheer talent thats on this froum. I have a HUGE respect for the makers and sellers for sharing there hard work with us. I look forward to getting to know many of with through sales and general chit chat.

Thanks for reading

Quentin

Hi Everyone, Im from Belgium
my english is not so good, but im do my best
im collectible al 15 jears , and im changing many time my collection, to beter collection
now im ave 4 life size bust in my possetion, 2 from howards studio and 2 from Elm studio
and in a cople of weeks, a new bust enter my collection and is from Bob Causey, The grinch
and a Gizmo Rambo Life size sculpted by Maximus ronculus
im very happy of coming in confrerie guys (and ladys ??)
im hope that im can find here nice bust to buy and speek whait collectors men :)
so thanks everyone
and sorry for the english im hope you understand my

David

G'day from Au all!

Been lurking for a while and have been astounded by the quality of info on site.
Thought I would show my face hear, before scrawling anything on your walls.

Thanks for the great site!

Mitch

Hey All,

I'm from Canada, eh! Found this site while looking for Tron stuff. I look forward to adding as much as I can to this form. I'm actually plan to remake the cell phone from Tron that Sam has. Including a working micro usb to hdmi mod for the Nokia N8.

Take care,
dDan

Hello everyone!

I'm Troy and I've been lurking for quite a while. I usually post at the '66 Batman board and (attempt to) make '66 Bat-Props.

Looking foward to meeting the folks here!

-Troy

hello from canada,

my search for an authentic iron man suit has bought me here. looking forward to finding out more about this neat little site.

all the best,

rich

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back