re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi everyone, my name is Archie and I'm from the Philippines. I'm in to scale models and replicas. Started out when I was in middle school where I became the student head of the props department for our school play. Its been almost 10 years and I'm still into props and models. I've been browsing the site for a couple of days now. I've seen lots of talented people. Hope I can learn some tips on model making, especially since its hard to source out modelling materials here in my country.

hi guys. just testing to see if i can post pics.

landspeeder.jpg

I can't believe what an amazing resource this forum is! Thrilled to be here, I just want to eat all your brains to gain your knowledge!
I live in the Pacific NW, do some commission costuming and sculpting. I was searching on the net looking for info to make my own Trailer Park Boys Conky. Ended up here. This is going to be fun!

Hi, I'm brian. I'm a huge fan of Horror movies, Star Wars, batman, video games and costuming. I have Been Batman for promotional work for the Mid-South con and I have played a variety of characters in local haunted houses. I also love to build up and paint model figures and latex masks. My friends and I are trying to make a Zombie film I wrote. Wish us luck!

Hello everyone,
My names Joseph. I can't believe I just stumbled across this great forum. I have really enjoyed browsing all the different threads. I currently don't own many props but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to add more in the near future. I mainly collect 1/3 scale pieces though I do have a couple 1:1 busts and some of Ron's wonderful Gizmo and Critters pieces.

Inspiring collection of talented and resourceful artists and craftsmen on this forum, I would seriously like to start getting into sculpting again, with the goal of casting silicone masks.

My sculpting interests are pretty varied, but above all am interested in Star Wars sculpting first, then other notable celebrity types.

I have a lot to learn, but just browsing the forums I have already picked up some invaluable tips.

Hello all. My name is Eric and I am a huge BTTF fan as well as Star Trek and Wars. I built models as a kid but nothing for a long long time. I am amazed at the items I have seen here just amazing work!

Hey everyone, I'm Nathan. I'm a fan of all kinds of nerdy stuff. mostly end up making Dr. Who costumes though. I usually make them for Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA) although I'm not a big anime fan, it's a blast and all my friends drag me around in my out-of-place thrown-together costumes. Been working on my weeping angel costume for AWA next week and now that I'm almost done I decided to join and chat. Tried to stay away from that thread as best as I could so i didn't end up making "someone else's costume". Can't wait to enjoy the costume fun!

Hi all.
Been dabbling for a few years now, build some, buy some. Throughout this my net searches kept bringing me here. I've been awed by the work here on many occasions, though the standards are a little offputting to the noob :)
I'll never hit the standards of some of you (jealous) but finally got round to joining here, mainly to let you all know how darn talented you are, and to pitch in the occasional dumb question. See you online.

:lolHi guys! Puerto Rico en la casa!!! PR in da house! I get here after searching for MMPR stuff. I'm a fan of MMPR and recently found out about Sentay. I already have post here not that I'm a prop maker but more on to customizing my own. I've seen some great job here and in Ranger Board where I'm a member too. Never done cosplay but hope next year I can on the Puerto Rico Comic Con wich is goin to be May 26-27, 2012 (sorry for the advertisement) so all of you are invited to come. Anyways hope to learn a thing or a lot here. Take care, see you all in the posts.

hello
my name is rob im 49 and live in the remote scottish highlands im married for 29 years . had one child now deceased .

my interests include steampunk , sci fi all time fav movie predator 1 2 and predators . i like online gameing my favorites being eve online
i like space games and driving games .

i joined the rpf because im interested in seing some of the wonderous things you guys have made .

oic avar
rob

Hi all,

David here, 25, avid movie watcher.

I am a big big pez collector but over the past few years have slowly gotten into movie prop collecting. Most of my props are Indy Jones, alot of paper.

First prop made was the clay grail from Last Crusade.

I would really like to get into card stock construction, but am unsure where to start or what supplies are needed. Hoping to learn much here!!!

Hey everybody, Mike here. I'm 36, and I've bee an avid movie fan since I was a kid. First prop was a cardboard proton pack when I was 11. :p Since then I've collected and build a lot of things; blasters, lightsabers, pulse rifles, proton packs, figures, models... Big fan of Aliens, Predator, Robocop, Terminator, basically every 80s movie with a bug or a robot (or both :p) I hate CGI except when absolutely necessary. I have reboots and sequels for 20+ years old movies. And I'm here to share and learn, and to be blown away by the sheer awesomeness of everything you guys built!

Hey everyone! My name's Jeff and I recently got into cosplaying, and with that comes prop making. I haven't really done anything major, made a cheap gun for my first cosplay, but now I'm diving in head first to make a pretty advanced costume and figured this would be a great place to browse for ideas and techniques on how to make certain pieces. I've browsed a bit and there are some incredibly talented people here. I'm hoping to make this a bit of a hobby and eventually be good enough to contribute to the community.

Hi, I've never done any sort of scratch prop/costume build before (at least any good ones), but I'm a major geek with an art major and would love to get into it. Not sure if anyone's going to read this, but any tips would be great. I'm going to make a new thread that says something like "I'm new to builds, so where to start?".

Hi all, I'm Kitty :)

I'm totally new to prop making/costume making, and I came across this forum while I was searching for some tips for my first project. I'm looking forward to being a part of the community!

Cheers!

Hi, I'm Jacinth. I'm a 28 year old cosplayer/costumer. I generally do video game characters/props. I really enjoy making props/armor/etc. I found the site after looking at a Portal gun build someone had made (and referenced this site).

I'm always looking for new techniques in making props and armor pieces.

My work can be found here: JacinthJoy on deviantART

Hi there,

My name is Sven, I am from Germany, 37 years old. I stumbled over this forum while searching for pics of modded guns (especially NERF guns) to be used in some LARP activities (Mad Max-style) and such. My main hobby is painting tiny tabletop miniatures and such and creating terrain for them.

You can find a number of my painted miniatures on CoolMiniOrNot.

Cheers,

Vulture

Hello Fellow Costumers and Movie Buffs :) My name is Teresa and I live in Kentucky. I've been sewing since I was 2 years old. When I was in 7th grade I designed and sewed my first Teresa Orginal Dress. (with moms help :) Freshmen year Mom and I did all the costumes for our dramma deptartment. Sophmore year I designed and sewed the drama departments costumes all by myself. I've been costumiing ever since. Alot for myself and once I had my kids, I started costuming for them. I found this site on accident when I starting making my sons Hook Costume this year for halloween. I was looking for good pictures of the Dustin Hoffman's Hook costume where I discovered this site accidently and found all you wonderful people with great ideas and shared intrest. Now I'm addicted!

Hey there! I'm Adam. I found this forum through watching "Nuka break" and the guy mentioned this place. I'm very interested in prop making or replicas like this. However, I haven't yet made anything... It's more of a new hobby of interest to me. The closest I've come is designing a resident evil t virus vial on the computer which I hope to make soon. It's not an exact replica though I suppose.

Anyway I just bought a house so the plan is to do as much stuff like this as possible. I have a feeling it will be super fun! Looking forward to posting what I want to do.

I noticed this forum has a junkyard section and I just have one question, is selling replica props like that illegal? I saw people selling really awesome stuff but they're all from big name movies, and games...

Thanks for reading! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back