New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Nov. '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!

heya all im Tribal 26 from belgium, im happy to get finally on the forum

i like mostly everything of marvel and dc also star wars stuff en on and on héhé
wel im gonna try to make some stuff also but i need to learn a bunch so wish me luck and il keep you guys updated if i make somthing

Hf all

grtz Tri.

Hi all!!!
I am glad I finally can join this cool forum. Got a few friends here, who have to do some leg work for me as I wasn't a member.
I collect mostly James Bond related items.
See you around,
Kan
Houston, Texas

Hey all,

Finally able to join in on all the fun! Been lurking for a while now, and love whats going on here. I wouldn't consider myself a prop master, but am looking to build on my skills.

Adam

Welcome aboard, everyone! It's nice to have some new blood 'round these parts. It's always exciting to see what new ideas and talents the cat's dragged in ;) :lol

And before anyone asks, no - no one has built the night vision goggles from Jurrassic Park (or JP NVGs, the cursed prop). Don't bother trying, the thread will be full of pictures and ideas and then just die again, like it does every year :lol:lol:lol.

-Fred

Like most everyone else I've been lurking here for awhile. Certain props have always held an interest for me from movies such as Star Wars, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, and the T.V. show Farscape. Currently the only thing I'd consider a prop would be my Boba helmet, But I'm working on a Ghostbuster PKE. My main love though has got to be the comic Green Lantern. Been sculpting custom action figures of various Green Lanterns for years. I recongnize a few name from various Action figure sites I visit. Hello "Jack T Chance".
yodah.jpg

shorm2.jpg

driqfinished.jpg

perdoofinished.jpg

boba.jpg

Hey Guys,

My names Fraz.
Been a huge sci-fi fans for years. Old school Star Trek/Dr Who.
I have a Aliens Colonial Marine costume, and hangout on the Legacy Forum under JediFraz.

I'm currently stalled in the middle of another Master chief build. Girlfriend and real life intrude pretty heavily on prop making..:(
I also hangout occasionally on the 405th forum, where I also go by the handle of JediFraz. Yes, that one..:D

Stoked to be here.

Fraz

Dearest gentlemen @ THE RPF,

My name is PIERANGELO TENDAS, and I am writing you from Italy. I am a contributor for the Italian gun magazine ARMI E MUNIZIONI (www.armimunizioni.com), and as the responsible for the Airsoft section of the magazine, I am also an Airsoft collector.

I have been longtime searching for a B.B. World "Vektor CP-1" airsoft replica pistol, like the one that could be seen here:

VektorCP-1.jpg

This kind of handgun was featured in a number of Sci-Fi TV shows, including "Battlestar Galactica", as well as movies such as "Babylon AD", "The Transporter", "XxX", and others.

I have been searching it for a long time, and I have been addressed to your board from somebody on another board... who happens to be in possession of an Airsoft Vektor CP-1 found for purchase here.

I am obviously more than willing to pay a fair, reasonable price for one (anticipated payment, with expedition through express courier at my own expenses) if any of yours, or of your members, is in possession of one and is willing to sell. I am also in possession of an Aliens VP-70 resin unpainted (unfinished) pistol which I might be wanting to trade as a part of the payment for said Vektor CP-1 replica. My research has been desperately going on now for years, so I would kindly ask you to help me. Please contact me by Personal Message or by E-Mail if you have any useful information.

I apologize by expoliting this space, but my newbie status won't allow me to access the "Junkyard" section.

Sincere regards,
PIERANGELO TENDAS
Sardinia, Italy

Hey! I am a new member and really dig this forum. I'm a carpenter and props designer from Austin, TX. Normally I work in theatre but build specialty items for myself on the side. Recently worked on "Evil Dead: the Musical". Here are a few pics of various props I've built:

Proton Pack for Halloween '09
15360_536457932419_57800138_31880685_1677549_n-208x300.jpg

DSC05252-225x300.jpg

Chainsaw Hand for "Evil Dead: the Musical"
15557_167919319141_628264141_2912751_4702842_n-300x199.jpg

15557_167919419141_628264141_2912769_946519_n-300x199.jpg

Handmade Lightsabers
DSC04456.JPG

DSC04439.JPG

Steampunk Goggles
DSC04207.JPG

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Hello everyoby -

I found this site through another (autograph collecting) site - as you can tell from my SN I collect autographs, mostly. But I do have a few props and I'd love to continue adding to my collection and learning about construction etc.

I live in New Jersey, where I work as a teacher. I'm married, have two kids and pretty much love life.

I can take pictures of my (admittedly small) prop collection later and post them, if it's appropriate.

:)

Hi all!

The name's Red. I'm from Malaysia and I'm into Star Wars and Predator stuff. I also have a few action figures and displays. Been lurking for some years and missed the registration way too many times. Glad I made it this time! :)

In real life, I've been a science teacher, theatre supervisor and programme manager. Now I make custom props and armor to support myself and my girlfriend. I am into costuming and cosplay and I had a solo costumes exhibition earlier this year at a local university. I use paper as the base of most of my projects, then cover this up with fiberglass and bondo. I've only recently tried casting using a silicone mold, but due to the "one-off" nature of custom props, I don't do it much.

I hope to learn as much as I can from the members here and also to display some of my best works here one day. I hope to meet others who are into customised props and costumes here and exchange views and ideas. IMHO, screen-accuracy is cool, but customs express the creativity of the person. :cool

Here are some pics of what I did, for now:

P9140074.jpg
Custom EE3-style blasters

frank1.jpg
Frankenstein mask from "Death Race"

P9070031.jpg
My girlfriend's custom Mandalorian.

Cheers! :lol

Hey all! George here. Long time lurker, first time poster!

Pretty much grew up on SciFi (44 now). I hold a great and abiding love for Lost in Space, ST:TOS, Star Wars, BSG v1.0 . . . oh, hell, just about everything along those lines.

I love building things. It's kind of pathalogical, really. Metal, Wood, Plastic, it doesn't matter. Worked as a machinist for a long while, big into wood working now.

Man am I ever jazzed to get in here! Been reading all the posts I could with great interest. Such talent and knowledge! I have learned more about light sabers that I ever thought to, that's for sure.

Hope to get to know you all better!

Peace.

My name is Gian Filippo Zamboni from Italy
i are member since 2003 of 501th Italica garrison and medieval and celt reenactor..
one my scratch build of star wars
T21
explanation.jpg

JAWA ION BLASTER
DSCN0004.jpg

sandtrooper backpack all scrathbuilded
backpack.jpg

My name is Gian Filippo Zamboni from Italy
i are member since 2003 of 501th Italica garrison and medieval and celt reenactor..
one my scratch build of star wars
T21
explanation.jpg

JAWA ION BLASTER
DSCN0004.jpg

sandtrooper backpack all scrathbuilded
backpack.jpg

What all did you use on the Jawa Ion Blaster ? I'm in process of collecting parts for it .thanks in advance

Welcome to all the new members. Lots of good talent coming on board! Also welcome to my modeling buddies from SSM and other places.:cool

Hi, been watching this site for a while now. I'm not much of a prop maker, but I am a prop fan. The details you guys pick out from 40 year old photos and the old parts of props you manage to identify is fascinating. I do want to thank falken108 and his Evil Dead chainsaw thread. I'm finishing one up now, and I suppose its the first official prop I've made, aside from painting up a few hockey masks. I couldn't have done it without that thread. Anyway, hope to stay a regular here, and glad to finally be able to maybe add something to the great discussions I read here daily.

Hi all,

i'm also new in this nice forum.
Welcome to all other newbies :).

Little bit of me.
I'm 25 years old and from germany.
I'm a member of the 501st.
At the moment i build at my RotS Vader.

But at the last years i also build or own a few other Props.
Own a SE 14 R Shortrange.

Build a E11 AnH Blaster.Kit from MOT.

Own a TM AnH Armor and a TM Stunt helmet.
This costume i use for trooping.

Hello all, my name is Kris and I am an avid star wars fan and am currently working on an ESB Vader suit. I live in the greater portland area in Oregon am married and have 3 kids.

I have been watching the RPF since last October and Im sure that somewhere along the line I missed an enrollment because being a dad is a full time job. however I am thrilled to be here now and am looking forward to becoming a part of this community.

thanks

Hey friends!

My name is Eli!

I am a music engineer here in the film industry and this is just awesome! Very excited to hopefully work with you and excited to see your work!

"the eLi Arias"

Hi all Happy to be here...........(finally).

Well, I'm a "hick" stuck in the middle of Missouri and I'm lucky to have the internet.

Oh and I also just completed my TX and I'm waiting approval for the 501st. I'm also working on my TK and BFG.

I'm looking forward to being able to post here, (that is frustrating without being a member, You all remember that don't you).

So just "Move along"..........."Move along"

(Hey are you sure about those Droids? :confused)

Well finally made it after 7-8 months. Seems i always missed the open slot.
Bought a few things in the past off members and hope to get alot more now.
Mainly Predator, BTTF and Indy items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back