New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Nov. '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! Nov. '09

howdy! I'm Spaz, and I'm relatively new to costuming and propmaking. 09 was my first year at Dragon*Con and I'm pretty well hooked. I got dragged in by some friends in my local 501st garrison by going trooping in a borrowed Tusken Raider costume(still haven't finished an approvable 501st costume, but I have a pile of unfinished snowtrooper armor around here somewhere.) I have a degree in Industrial Design from the Rochester Institute of Technology, and while I never really got any sort of job in that field, I know my way around the tools and materials of model-making. I'm interested in the usual stuff: Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate, Firefly, Indiana Jones, Doctor Who, Dr. Horrible, Transformers, etc. My other hobby is autocross, and that's why I un-apologetically drive a Mazda Miata. I live in Nashville TN, but I was born in Northeast PA, and lived in central FL for about 8 years after college. You can see my first foray into replica propbuilding in this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=76261

howdy! I'm Spaz, and I'm relatively new to costuming and propmaking. 09 was my first year at Dragon*Con and I'm pretty well hooked. I got dragged in by some friends in my local 501st garrison by going trooping in a borrowed Tusken Raider costume(still haven't finished an approvable 501st costume, but I have a pile of unfinished snowtrooper armor around here somewhere.) I have a degree in Industrial Design from the Rochester Institute of Technology, and while I never really got any sort of job in that field, I know my way around the tools and materials of model-making. I'm interested in the usual stuff: Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate, Firefly, Indiana Jones, Doctor Who, Dr. Horrible, Transformers, etc. My other hobby is autocross, and that's why I un-apologetically drive a Mazda Miata. I live in Nashville TN, but I was born in Northeast PA, and lived in central FL for about 8 years after college. You can see my first foray into replica propbuilding in this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=76261

That Ice gun looks great! WIsh i saw it when y'all were at D*con

Hi All,

I'm...new to RPF but not to the scene (dunno if 7/8 years is classed as new...i suppose it is to some of the vets here! :p)

Anyway, some people (very few) may know me as scw2325 from a couple of other boards. I took a sabbatical from propmaking for about 3 years due to college and university, but as it turns out my uni friends are as much in to it as I am, so i'm slowly getting back into it, trying to fit it around my studies.

As for themes, i'm in to the usual: ST, SG, SW, FF, BSG, Indy etc etc.

More of a lurker at the moment, but if I do anything worth showing, i'll slap it up somewhere.

Later all!

That Ice gun looks great! WIsh i saw it when y'all were at D*con

Randirien carried it in the parade! Since I was out of work all summer my costumes at D*Con were generally low-budget baller stuff (I spent most of the weekend as Captain Hammer from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog) but we have some big plans for next year.

Hey everyone, I'm Chris. An artist and graphic designer by trade, I just became interested in props over the last year or so...now, I'm totally addicted. Figured a good place to start was modifying a few of the Playmates toys I owned. Sounded simple enough, how long could it take..?

Flash forward a few months later and I finally have a few things almost ready to paint. LOL!

Cage Pistol, First Contact Phaser, Star Trex XI phaser and Comm are all playmates. Used a ton of Squadron Green to fill in those pesky screw holes!

TOS Comm is an AA that I've sanded the midplate off of and removed the guts. Going to be making Delta with metal parts. Even filled in the screw holes on the bottom shell.

Mirror Mirror Dagger is a resin piece I picked up on Ebay.

Hello All!

I have been waiting and watching for the opening on the RPF for registration and now i am happy to say here i am to join with the rest of the prop collecting community in this wonderful world that is the RPF!

I live in the USA and i am 41 years old. My first favorite movie (i have had many) when i was younger was Escape From New York and so i am always waiting for and wanting a screen accurate "Plissken Lifeclock" (hint hint)!

I love movies from my teenage era, EFNY, Mad Max 2 (Road Warrior), Alien, Aliens, BTTF Trilogy, The Shining, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), Willy Wonka (1971), Return To Oz, Blade Runner, Star Wars Trilogy, Goonies etc..., Later films i was able to aquire high end replica props from RPF members, Ninth Gate (Nine Gates To The Kingdom Of Shadows book), Donnie Darko (Frank the Bunny Mask and Hood)....anyway enough rambling. ;-)

I look forward to getting to know more members and aquiring top notch replica props (only the best will work) and if need be during these hard economic times moving a prop or two via the RPF to another member who will give a prop a loving home! I also look forward to learning new things about my favorite movies from the experts here that have spent years of research and gained vast knowledge!

Thanks for having me!

Hey All,

Long time lurker, finally decided to register in.

I work as an illustrator doing mostly sci-fi concepts and environment art. Been collecting props here and there as the budget permits. Mostly stuff related to Blade Runner, but a few other odds and ends that grab my interest.

Thanks for opening the reg on the boards.

I am Kronus, co-founder of Blackstar Squadron (Original Battlestar Galactica Costuming Club) and of BSG Costuming. I am also a proud member of the Klingon Assault Group (KAG) since 2004 and started a KAG club chapter here in the San Diego CA area in February 2005 called the IKV Skilled Warriors (SuvwI' po').

I am also a member of The Empire (Since 2007) - laHom and Epetai of House Darj

Love costuming, (as most here do from what I have seen) and I come expecting to learn much in costuming and the making of props.

In February my Klingon ship will be attending a local CON and we will be working on ideas on a table display and design as well as the type of props we will proudly display. Most of us are Imperial Klingons (Ridges for those who may not know what this means :confused) so any ideas anyone has here would be most welcome.

Edit: Oh, and thanks Monolith21 for telling me about RPF!

Greetings Strange Ones,
I am ANTROCK,Tony Rockey...not new...just back from a 4 year absence. Life took a dive back then...lost a lot,love of my life,then my father,then my job,then my home, had to move back home. Got back on my feet,mentally and physically.
Glad to be back on the forum after all these years!! I hope some of my old friends are here still,so if you remember me...please PM me...
Thanks All,
Antrock

Hello everyone.
Another lurker finally coming out of the shadows!
I'm Richard from north London, and have been into movies and props since I was little. Particular favourites include Dr. Who, Batman Returns, Jurassic Park, X-men, and the best film ever, Masters of the Universe.
I'm a member of ProjectDalek.com and recently got into prop building for myself and had a go at a new series Davros (will post pics in the right thread).
Been blown away with the treasures on this sight, and it's lovely to be a part of it.
Rich

While I'm not a new member (Registered back in '07), I never really posted much at all until now. So, I figured I'd re-introduce myself.

My name is Chris Wyman and I'm a Star Wars fan first and foremost. I'm an Administrator over at Rebelscum.com as well as the Administrator for the Wedge Collection Engine & The Registry and I write for the front pages of both Rebelscum.com and TheForce.net. I started the Tampa Star Wars Club back in 2005 and in 2008, I Co-Founded the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance which embodies the clubs around the state of Florida.

My main collection focus:

Star Wars Autographs/Photos/Art prints
Master Replicas/eFX 1:1 Props
Master Replicas/eFX Studio Scale Models
Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
Gentle Giant Dioramas
Sideshow Premium Format Statues
Sideshow 1:1 Scale Busts
Star Wars Hardcover novels/Comics

My other hobbies besides Star Wars? Just one. NASCAR Racing is the only sport I follow. I used to collect Jeff Gordon collectibles, but have stopped due to a lack of space and...quite frankly...because there are just so many cool Star Wars pieces out there!

I've never ventured into creating my own props, but have often thought about delving into it in some form or another. For now though, I just collect. I'm sure looking at the various projects that are going on here will spark something in the future. Happy to be here!

Been lurking here for about a year now, and over at TDH(as Lucksy31) for about 3 years. I've been specializing in Custom Vinyl Decal work(mostly Fett stuff) and recnelt started doing some X-Wing helemt decals for members here. Finally gonna take a few plunges here too.

Member 501st - ROTJ Boba Fett( all props from TDH)

Hello everyone,My name is L.B. I'm a chef and also a predator prop collector.I'm also a member of the hunters lair .looking forward to learn from everybody and very impressed at the collections posted here. maybe some day my humble collection will be worthy of showing here. thanks
L.B.

Hello all,

I am from Norway, and excited to join this community of fellow sci-fi geeks :)

I first came across this site eventually, having googled around online for lightsabers after having watched Star Wars 1-6 again for the first time in years. Work was slow at the time, so I ended up spending (too much) time browsing around for replicas and the likes. One thing led to another, and here I am.

Anyways: I'm a graphic designer by profession, live with my girlfriend who's from Brazil, enjoy working out, listening to music (anything from the Beach Boys to Cannibal Corpse), reading books/comics and watching movies. Judge Dredd is a favorite of mine (the comic, not the movie :)

Looking forward to spend some more time in here and get to know this community and its members a little better.

Hey all, I'm Paul - new member via the Green Lantern Corps board. At the moment I'm only looking at the amazing work here, but I hope to start work on some pieces for myself later this year, once I have the space to work in! Keep it up people, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back