New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Nov. '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!

Hey all! My name's Jimi, and I've been trying to get in here for about 6 months now, glad to finally be let in.

I really don't build anymore, I've strayed over to the dark side, and I'm now a caster/producer of kits. My modeling workbench is now a resin workshop! Anyway, hope I can be of help to some of you. See yinz on the board!

Hey RPF, have waited a very long time to join
Being a prop collector and small time builder - I have acquired many props and am proud to say I own:
every wand from harry potter by the Noble collection
every 0.45 scale lightsaber from MR
MFX Sonic Screwdriver
MR Obi wan episode 3 lightsaber 1:1 scale
and many other props - which if listed, could take up the whole forum!
:)

Hello from Germany, i wait a long Time too, to meet you all.

I'm Steve and a noobie to the site but I've been doing models and what not since i was a kid. Lately I've been more into building things like machines and what not that I can actually use like right now I'm building a Lathe out of old scrap parts, but I really want to do some more advanced model things, I have a LOT to learn but I'm willing to put in the time to learn.

:D

Hey guys,

my name is Dom and I live in Germany.
Ive visited this forum several times before and have been in awe of the awesome projects and props that can be found here ever since.

I havent been in the prop/trooping business for long, but I think Im getting there ;) Currently working on a Bacara clone and I also have a Tie Pilot that still needs some finishing touches. Hopefully, Ill be able to apply for 501st membership sooner than later.

However, Id really like to get more into replica collecting and prop making and Im sure Ill find a huge amount of inspiration and help here!

At last, I can post!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO!!! :love

Been a long-time lurker... Mostly a Firefly/Serenity nut, but love all things Terminator, Alien/Aliens, Matrix, SW-ANH, Trek-TOS, Logan's Run, Blade, Hellboy, Dune, Blade Runner, 2001, X-Files, Taken (The miniseries), Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick, BSG, Men In Black, Babylon 5, Space: 1999, and surely others I can't think of at the moment.

My wallet is open, so TAKE ME, I'M YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

RR

I'm Adam, only found out about the RPF recently, and am really glad I've been able to sign up so quickly afterwards.

I work in web design during the day, originally trained in 3D modelling and animation but never managed to turn it into a career, so nowadays I use my creative urges to attempt sculpting comic and movie characters, slowly getting better so I'll post pics of some of the better ones if I ever manage to get one finished.

Welcome to the RPF, everyone!
welcome.gif

See ya all around the forums! :cool

Hi guys, Jay here, and I too have lurked for years. I love this forum, nice to be able to join after deciding to back in the summer. :)

Hi, name's Garry and I'm from Sydney.

I found this forum about 3 months ago when I was looking to buy a lightsaber. I eventually got one from Ebay. It's ok, but it's missing a few things like buttons and the tri-ring on the base. Anything more complete was a bit out of my price range though. I love the Luke ROTJ saber though. It's the best looking saber in my opinion.

Luke Saber

Years ago I bought an Indiana Jones gold idol replica from ebay. I'm not up on accuracy and such things like a lot of you guys are. It looks good on my shelf though. It's painted with gold paint. I'd like a gold plated or chromed one if I ever 'upgrade' it.

Gold Idol

Another prop I bought years back is the silver wolf-headed cane from the Wolf-Man. It's resin, painted silver. I added the black handle myself and painted it. Again I'd love a chromed one but I have no idea where to get things like that done.

Wolf-Man Cane

One year a girl sent me a framed Indiana Jones film cell, which looks really nice. I have that on my wall.

Indy Cell

The last thing I'll show you is one I made myself. It's my toy Thor's Hammer I did one weekend for fun. It's just a bit of tube wrapped in foam, and the head is stryofoam wrapped in silver duct tape. The handle is just wrapped in vinyl. It's really strong but soft, so you can spin it around and throw it and not do any damage. Under the tape are cut out letters that when you press the top and rub the tape the right way, it says "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy shall hold the power of Thor". The tape's getting a bit worn now though. Again, one day I'll have to make a nicer looking one.

Duct Tape Hammer

So, that's my stuff. As with most of the other newbies, I am in awe of some of the things the people here build. I'd love to have even a fraction of the talent some of you display. Hell, I'd love to have the money to buy a chunk of the stuff here. And the detail! Talk about O.C.D. It's wonderful though.

Hello Everybody,

I'm Tyger Cheex, I'm 33 next month, avid film fan, gamer, freak, socialite, DIY-slave (thanks to Mrs Cheex) and newbie prop-builder. I'm currently working on a Ghostbuster costume with fellow rpf member (who doesn't post much) and I'd say I was 80% of the way there.

I'm going for as screen accurate as my skills (and budget) will allow me and this is my first real foray in to prop building. My very first attempt was YEARS ago when I got my college tutor to help me make a PCB that flashes lights in a special sequence so I could re-light my Playmates Star Trek TNG tri-corder toy (It was a disaster that ended up in the bin!)

Anyway, my first attempt at a prop was the notorious belt gizmo for my GB costume. Here are a couple of pics of the finished article:

IMG_5642a.jpg

IMG_5646a.jpg

IMG_5648a.jpg

Hi All been looking here for a long time and very very impressed with the works shown. I do make up fx and animatronics so if i can be of any help or assistance dont hesitate to ask. i co run a small shop with my fx partner Daz called 2Baldies f.x. love Doctor who and all things sci fi and horror. i'll get some pics up of some works this evening including some of the silicone masks we do including a one off Davros mask we were comissioned to make last year. great to finally be a member of this great forum.

Hello,

Thank you for accepting me into your merry band. As some will know I am Jason aka Teckno Viking of the UKCM from the Alienslegacy forum. I am also over on SciFiHeroes (SFH) moreso for the "Space:Above & Beyond" goodness but dabble in others.
Now as for Prop work well my first true piece is the current one I`m working on, which is a SAW Pulse Rifle. Though I also have a resin Pulse rifle I worked on a couple of years back.
The SAW Pulse rifle is a mixture of a Resin body with plenty of Airsoft pieces to weight it down & add realism. The Mag I`m thinking of copying punkmarines over on the AL forum which is triple mag so holds "299" rounds, though if I can figure out a larger looking mag so I could have "666" as the read out I may go that way :D I will sort out some photos of it & post them up.

Anyway there`s a brief on me :D

Jason

Hello RPF been trying to become a member for a while now. I mainly make paper props,but I also make props for the costumes I make,current project is wonder woman that I am makeing for a friend.
Oh and the name is Dusty but every one calls me Red.
oh and here is a free paper prop to say hi
attachment.php

Last edited:

Hi I'm Mik, and glad I can finally join.

Currently have a big interest in Indy stuff and did and hand written and drawn grail diary (I am a member of the COW forum). Always interested in Star Wars stuff and most sci-fi stuff.

I like to make props and am looking forward to learning and getting inspired here.

I'm a Brit who now lives in Seattle, US.

Hi Y'all,
Just like everyone else who has joined this weekend (It seems) I have been floating around on this great forum waiting for a chance to join so that i can post! I was first introduced to the RPF by my main man JDarko and ever since have been in shock and awe at the skills you guys have!

So i'll tell you a little about me now. Im 26, i live in the UK near the City of Steel (Sheffield to any non UKers) and am currently studying at The University of Bolton doing a degree in Special Effects Development (HOW FREAKIN' COOL IS THAT!?). I started the course in Sept '09 and was jumped ahead a year based on my previous qualifications (BTEC ND Graphic Design & HND Multimedia Design). So i will be graduating in 2011 and actively seeking...well i would call it employment, but can you really call it work if you love it so much??? :lol

I dont have any pics to upload as of yet but when i get some stuff together worthy of showing you guys will be the first to know about it.

Catch ya on the flipside!
Jacko

Hi everybody! I'm happy to finally be a part of the RPF community! I've been regularly reading here, and I'm constantly amazed by what I've seen. I myself lack any artistic talent whatsoever, but I have some technical know how in electronics and general handy-work type stuff, and seem to specialize in problem solving :$

I'm lucky to have a sister who is an amazingly talented seamstress who helps me and the rest of our family with costumes, although her specialty is historical costuming particularly civil war era. My brother in law is also an amazing artist who is handy to have around when you want something like the Frank the Bunny mask in my profile pic...

I'm looking for future projects all the time, possibly get into some more small screen accurate props and that sort of stuff with the help of my family and hopefully some input and encouragement from the members here! look forward to talking to you!

Hi All

I'm another long term lurker now joined. I'm follow most things Si-Fi but big Trek and stargate fan. I hope to have some photos of my small collection here soon after I have found a charged camera and got every thing together, its spread all over the house at the moment so that I get less hassel for haveing so much 'Junk' :rolleyes

Hi all!

Been making little props for a while now, and wanted to move up the bigger and better things, and this place comes highly recommended.

So thanks for letting me join!

Greetings! My name is Jeff and I'm glad to finally get on the RPF boards. I've watched the forum for a while now and I'm amazed at the quality of work that is seen here.

I've been building models since I was a kid (I'm 58) and grew up on the 50's classic sci-fi movies. I build mostly Trek and Star Wars kits as well as classic 50's movie ships. Over the past few years, I've been scratchbuilding the models that nobody has released in kit form. Recently finished a 10" "Borg" cube from "First Contact",and a large scale DY-100 from "classic" Trek.

Captain April introduced me to the forum and I will post some photos soon.

Glad to be aboard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back