New Indiana Jones Items from Disney - Sankara Stone, Crystal Skull, Holy Grail, Idol, Staff of Ra headpiece

Yeah, it’s weird; I just got the email today from Disney saying they were back in stock, but by the time I went to the site, the idol, stones, and grail were long gone. Thanks for the “timely” notice Disney! :mad:
I also wonder if this is because people got Christmas money and wanted to buy them. I myself would've, but currently waiting on my checks to go through. Well, thanks again Disney lol.

This one posted?

Yup - this thread here:

New Indiana Jones Items from Disney - Sankara Stone, Crystal Skull, Holy Grail, Idol

I'm really keen to pick these up if the price is right, from what I've heard they're gonna be Disney Parks offerings. Honestly it likely this is gonna be my best chance at a cost effective crystal skull so I'm totally gonna grab one
I was thinking the same thing! "If the price is right" I plan on snagging the skull, too. I went to their store today, looking for the crsytal skull they advertised. And this is the only one that I found. Don't think this is the one advertised in their promo.

Crystal Skull – Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

$250.00

Last edited:
The skull doesn't actually look like that, lit, though. Digital cameras tend to make it appear that way, especially when contrast is increased. I also recommend getting a false battery kit that allows you to power it using a USB or AC adapter cable so you don't have to worry about the batteries. I have mine connected along with over a half dozen other light up props to activate using an RF AC Outlet based remote control.

This my contrast enhanced photo (notice same effect):

View attachment 1642292

This is closer to how it actually looks to the eye ("green" bits aren't that noticeable to the eye, but the light blue-white light is pretty close). It's still lovely, but don't buy and expect it to look dark blue like that in your room.

View attachment 1642290
You don't happen to have a link to a good 'False Battery Kit' for beginners do you? I'm a bit new here, and thought this was definitely a brilliant idea. The Crystal Skull definitely appears to be the best of the bunch as far as these Disney replicas go.

You don't happen to have a link to a good 'False Battery Kit' for beginners do you? I'm a bit new here, and thought this was definitely a brilliant idea. The Crystal Skull definitely appears to be the best of the bunch as far as these Disney replicas go.
I may have posted one at some point... but here you go :

This is the one I used. It's currently unavailable, but there's several on Amazon to choose from. I used a USB one so I could plug it into a HUB that powers several other lighted items as well (takes up less space than a power strip since I was using it anyway).

A search on Amazon for "3aaa dummy battery" will bring up several to choose from.

This is the one I used. It's currently unavailable, but there's several on Amazon to choose from. I used a USB one so I could plug it into a HUB that powers several other lighted items as well (takes up less space than a power strip since I was using it anyway).

A search on Amazon for "3aaa dummy battery" will bring up several to choose from.
Thank you for the link! That gives me a good idea of my options. You and shpider have been very helpful, so thank you both!

The Crystal Skull is pretty good, I have it sitting on my shelf. I'm getting a museum stand for it. I also think the voodoo Doll is pretty good too, and the Staff or Ra Piece isn't too bad either...

I did a video on the skull (and the headpiece and the voodoo doll)

I went to Hollywood studios yesterday and checked out the Dial of Destiny at the new restaurant that's now open. I can't help to think this will end up on the shelves soon after the movie release. Shame it's not available now. Does anyone have insight or feel the same.
Everything was behind glass except the dial. I touched it. No protection whatsoever so that’s why I believe this is the prop that will end up on the shelf. The restaurant is the old gift shop from the Indiana Jones attraction. They moved the sales to the Main Street shops, and they had plenty of the props all available. They even had the Fedora. Not terrible but was definitely a costume version but good enough to cosplay in. I think it was like 60 dollars. I looked at it early in the morning so when I went back to do my shopping at the end of the day it was gone. They only had a few out on the shelf. The bag is pretty nice for 39.
24CEE72C-3C0B-40ED-B332-3E4BAB0CFB80.jpeg
427F4AFA-3C4B-49F5-8AF8-3A1D30E4B588.jpeg
6C2B8282-7DCD-42BB-825A-F96798539533.jpeg
21323671-ABD7-4D87-8476-2FBE2DD1E39E.jpeg
03760895-93EE-49B4-926C-0BBD665AB1C9.jpeg

I do hope it ends up on the webstore when it does go up for sale.

Last edited:
With the new film out I suppose it's time to show off the new improved Crystal Skull packaging I made for it. The box was made with the shipping calculator on Volpin's website. Definitely adds to this prop for sure. Added the same number and stencils from the outer sleeve cover to the inside and sides of the new bulkier box.
IMG_4072.jpegIMG_4073.jpegIMG_4078.jpegIMG_4081.jpeg

Not sure if this info is in the thread but I held both the Grail and Sankara Stone today.

The grail is made of what feels like porcelain bisque (think Precious Moments doll) and has a weird hollow stem. The Sankara Stone is plastic and weighed next to nothing which was a surprise. Not worth the price in my opinion. If that grail fell over it would shatter into a million pieces.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back