New Alien film announced

The Food Network Presents...

Alien Pizzaria.jpg

Agreed, the ALIEN concept is played out.

Well if they want to include expanded universe content; patrol quarantined regions of space known to have a Xenomorph presence, police the illicit black market trade of Xenomorph eggs and "Royal Jelly" a hallucinogenic anesthetic black market narcotic derived from the resin secreted by Xenomorph queens, search and destroy missions of known infestations using the specialized Berserker kill teams who are specifically trained and equipped to wipe out Xenomorph hives.

Explore the Hybrid cult. A Xenomorph/human hybrid religious fundamentalist cult that believes the next step in human evolution is crossing genetics with Xenomorphs creating a new hybrid species that the Colonial Marines refer to as 'Bug Men'. They derive from humans who consume too much Royal Jelly and begin to mutate and are able to mentally communicate with Xenomorphs at a limited level. They overtly attempt to infest other worlds with Xenomorphs as part of their grand plan of "genetic perfection" making the Xenomorphs an ever present galactic threat to be monitored at all times.

Several planetary sized infestations have occurred in the expanded universe. A mostly water based agri-world was infested leading to several types of aquatic based Xenomorph breeds. Also we'd get to explore Xenomorph Kings. The massively larger, more aggressive and super hard to kill variant of the Xenomorph Queens.

If they wanted to delve into the Earth War storyline they'd be dealing with a Colonial Marine mutiny and an insane General bent on taming Xenomorphs to use as an army, which also means breeding them from the civilian population.

There's loads of expanded universe content surrounding the Marines that could be used. Oh, and Herc Mondo needs to make a cameo.
Step away from the Glue pot... :lol:

Regarding the term xenomorph, have they ever established a real name for them? Although it's widely used as their name because it was used in one line in Aliens, it's not really their name. The line specifically calls them A xenomorph, meaning that they've encountered similar kinds of aliens before and that they classify them as xenomorphs.

The comics and books I've seen continue to call them xeno or "the xenomorphs", etc.

I've always taken it to be a similar case as "the pill". Are there lots of pills? Yes. But in absence of specifying which pill we're talking about, we safely assume we're talking about the pill.

So while there's probably going to be "run of the mill" alien critters counted and categorized as xenomorphs; in absence of more context, anyone that knows about the xenomorphs, knows that's what's getting talked about.

The problem is that you can't do much beyond the template that the first movie did: stranded crew trapped with lone monster in tight spaces. Even ALIENS followed the format of the first film pretty closely. I've always been a bigger fan of the first film over the second because, despite their popularity, I always thought the Marines took away from what made the alien scary. It made it seem like anything else; it could be stopped with a gun and bullets. So each time it comes back, it needs to be bigger and badder. The core horrors of the creature dilutes with each iteration. The larger the world of ALIEN, the more has to be down to circle it back to what made the creature work in the first place: stranded crew trapped with lone monster.

It's unfortunate that it's stuck to that singular format but it's been proven anything else outside of that sucks.
The genius of the first film is that they left the planet and were out in space when the Alien emerged. No matter how many guns you have... they would be completely unusable if you are out in space and that thing came after you. You would have no defense. That's where the Alien is the most deadly.

All of those franchises died with the first or second movie. That Hollywood just keeps making more is an indication of how much Hollywood sucks, not how much meat is left on the bones of the franchises.
Though, I think it is wrong to say that the world of Alien is dead. None of those franchise worlds are. It's just that Hollywood doesn't have the brains to tap into all the possibilities.

And I still preferred the "weapon of mass destruction" idea of the first movie behind the scenes lore, where in the past, the space jockeys went from planet to planet to exterminate life by dropping the eggs, then they just waited as the infestation rampaged, making more aliens, and then at the end, they swooped down when the aliens and victims had turned back into eggs and then they just went on to the next planet. Was never really all that fond of a true animal connection where the eggs are laid by a queen. They always felt like a bio-engineered weapon to me - unnatural, made by splicing DNA from different species and mechanical components together and then grown in a lab. Making them biological seemed like a real mistake to me no matter how cool the queen looks. Giger's ideas of the bio-mechanoid always seemed the most creepy.

The first Alien movie opened our eyes to the wonderful sexual shocking bizarre but ultilatly mesmerising imagery of HR Giger.

We were offered a glimpse behind the curtain but never the full show revealed.

A back to basics Full on Giger IMO is the only way forward, the later films were pretty much standard ScFi set pieces with the odd Giger imagery thrown in to remind what you were watching.
Watching Alien for the first time those Vulva inspired entrances and later the almighty caverness egg chamber and the Space jockey.
It was so different to anything we had witnessed on screen before or since and looks fabulously dangerous on the big Screen!

Yes Alien was a Boogyman /Slasher in Space flick but done with such attention to detail not seen before or since.
I personally like the special edition of david finchers Alien3... It dared to be different and has both a wonderful birth scene in the slaughter house and a better Alien for it..

Jetison those prequel movies.... Lets go full pelt "into the mouth of madness" and visit an unseen Giger homeworld with vast set pieces (or like in Alien use child actors to make the sets appear larger) and have it dripping in Gigerness not seen before and paying homage to the Artist who made it All happen..

The first Alien movie opened our eyes to the wonderful sexual shocking bizarre but ultilatly mesmerising imagery of HR Giger.

We were offered a glimpse behind the curtain but never the full show revealed.

A back to basics Full on Giger IMO is the only way forward, the later films were pretty much standard ScFi set pieces with the odd Giger imagery thrown in to remind what you were watching.
Watching Alien for the first time those Vulva inspired entrances and later the almighty caverness egg chamber and the Space jockey.
It was so different to anything we had witnessed on screen before or since and looks fabulously dangerous on the big Screen!

Yes Alien was a Boogyman /Slasher in Space flick but done with such attention to detail not seen before or since.
I personally like the special edition of david finchers Alien3... It dared to be different and has both a wonderful birth scene in the slaughter house and a better Alien for it..

Jetison those prequel movies.... Lets go full pelt "into the mouth of madness" and visit an unseen Giger homeworld with vast set pieces (or like in Alien use child actors to make the sets appear larger) and have it dripping in Gigerness not seen before and paying homage to the Artist who made it All happen..
The writers trying to get close to the Giger idea of what is, exactly, an Alien should be under the constant influence of opium and heroino_O
Those designs/drawings are stuff of nightmare, as Giger himself, talked about in many interviews.
I can see the poster for your next job:
"Wanted: writer with experience in sleepless nights, opium/heroin intake and horror/nightmares induced visions for the next Alien movie":oops:

Though, I think it is wrong to say that the world of Alien is dead. None of those franchise worlds are. It's just that Hollywood doesn't have the brains to tap into all the possibilities.

Hollywood is lazy. It's looking for guaranteed money without having to spend the time or effort to earn it. They think that franchises are a license to print money.

They are wrong.

The writers trying to get close to the Giger idea of what is, exactly, an Alien should be under the constant influence of opium and heroino_O
Those designs/drawings are stuff of nightmare, as Giger himself, talked about in many interviews.
I can see the poster for your next job:
"Wanted: writer with experience in sleepless nights, opium/heroin intake and horror/nightmares induced visions for the next Alien movie":oops:
A shame most of those directors have shed their mortal self for greater things

Hollywood is lazy. It's looking for guaranteed money without having to spend the time or effort to earn it. They think that franchises are a license to print money.

They are wrong.
That's because Hollywood is a business and, like all businesses, they're in the business of making money, movies just happen to be how they make their money. They're in it to make art, that's what indie movie and art house studios do, not mainstream Hollywood. So like just about every other business across all industries, they seek to maximize profits while minimizing expenses. This is why the auto industry will take the base chassis of a car and use it for several different models. This is also why different brands under the same parent company will often take the same base vehicles from one brand, make a few tweaks and sell it under a different brand.

That's because Hollywood is a business and, like all businesses, they're in the business of making money, movies just happen to be how they make their money. They're in it to make art, that's what indie movie and art house studios do, not mainstream Hollywood. So like just about every other business across all industries, they seek to maximize profits while minimizing expenses. This is why the auto industry will take the base chassis of a car and use it for several different models. This is also why different brands under the same parent company will often take the same base vehicles from one brand, make a few tweaks and sell it under a different brand.
Boeing anybody:oops:

Well if they want to include expanded universe content; patrol quarantined regions of space known to have a Xenomorph presence, police the illicit black market trade of Xenomorph eggs and "Royal Jelly" a hallucinogenic anesthetic black market narcotic derived from the resin secreted by Xenomorph queens, search and destroy missions of known infestations using the specialized Berserker kill teams who are specifically trained and equipped to wipe out Xenomorph hives.

Explore the Hybrid cult. A Xenomorph/human hybrid religious fundamentalist cult that believes the next step in human evolution is crossing genetics with Xenomorphs creating a new hybrid species that the Colonial Marines refer to as 'Bug Men'. They derive from humans who consume too much Royal Jelly and begin to mutate and are able to mentally communicate with Xenomorphs at a limited level. They overtly attempt to infest other worlds with Xenomorphs as part of their grand plan of "genetic perfection" making the Xenomorphs an ever present galactic threat to be monitored at all times.

Several planetary sized infestations have occurred in the expanded universe. A mostly water based agri-world was infested leading to several types of aquatic based Xenomorph breeds. Also we'd get to explore Xenomorph Kings. The massively larger, more aggressive and super hard to kill variant of the Xenomorph Queens.

If they wanted to delve into the Earth War storyline they'd be dealing with a Colonial Marine mutiny and an insane General bent on taming Xenomorphs to use as an army, which also means breeding them from the civilian population.

There's loads of expanded universe content surrounding the Marines that could be used. Oh, and Herc Mondo needs to make a cameo.
That makes more sense than what the studio will produce…

But I’ll still pay my money and see it. Too many times I skipped a “suck” movie only to regret it when I saw it later on video…

“That’s no moon. It’s a space station.”
Different franchise.

Though... to be honest... I don't understand why Hollywood hasn't caught on that they actually have a cash-cow right there, as someone previously mentioned, with the Colonial Marines. You could do so much with them and expand the world beyond the Xenomorph, with them going off to different worlds and having different encounters. Sorta follow them around like a Band of Brothers kinda deal.

Sticking solely to the Xenomorph angle seriously limits the world. Sure... they can pop up here and there... signs of them being used as ancient weapons of mass destruction, laying a planet bare from intelligent life - creating that Garden of Eden type of deal that the Space Jockeys want to preserve, not wanting to allow or tolerate another intelligent species to evolve. I can't remember where I heard it - whether it be in the behind the scenes stuff or the commentary on the Blu-Ray or in an article where Ridley Scott talked about their motivations back then way before he screwed it up with Prometheus. It was something along the lines that they saw it as an insult to their supremacy. I always thought it was funny. They weren't space racists... they were just prejudiced against intelligence.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back