New Alien film announced

To me that's why the Terminator, Alien, and Predator franchises have gone down hill. The enemy is already practically unstoppable, but they keep making what they think is a scarier more deadly version instead of writing a good story. If you make a good story I'd have no problem watching the Colonial Marines just shooting Xenomorphs again for 2hrs.

To me that's why the Terminator, Alien, and Predator franchises have gone down hill. The enemy is already practically unstoppable, but they keep making what they think is a scarier more deadly version instead of writing a good story. If you make a good story I'd have no problem watching the Colonial Marines just shooting Xenomorphs again for 2hrs.

All of those franchises died with the first or second movie. That Hollywood just keeps making more is an indication of how much Hollywood sucks, not how much meat is left on the bones of the franchises.

Seems to me that if you just leave the Xenomorphs alone, they would just die out. Just take all the hosts away and what are they going to do? Unless they put facehuggers on their own kind, seems like they would be F'ed.

That seemed to be the case in ALIEN aboard the space jockey ship. Who knows how long the eggs were there in whatever state of hibernation they were in. Eventually all the adult xenos die off and all the eggs hibernate forever.

there was a comic/novel that had a world populated by nothing but aliens (I'm pretty sure, maybe there was some space cow species on the planet or something); and there were two warring hives, each with a queen. So I've always gotten the vibe that the xenos are a combo of absurdly long lived, and not really needing to "eat".

either way. This series seems to live on best in games, where the setting and narrative is not the driving focus, but is window dressing and context for the game play.

If they're ever going to do another "alien" flick or TV show, I don't know where you go that isn't completely retreading the stories they already have, unless they go with the "tales of the xenoverse" approach, where it can be various mixes of marines combating god knows what else out there.

Or they'd have to go full bore, and just make the comic/novel series where aliens make it to earth.

We're getting somewhere now. Lets also make it totally a comedy.
They might as well let us all write a page and make the film off that. Can't possibly be any worst than Hollywood will do....but ours would be enjoyable in the most ridiculous way at least.

20220306_202155.jpg

Seems to me that if you just leave the Xenomorphs alone, they would just die out. Just take all the hosts away and what are they going to do? Unless they put facehuggers on their own kind, seems like they would be F'ed.
The Original Halo: Combat Evolved was super heavily based on Aliens. The Pillar of Autumn having similar geometry to the Sulaco, Sergeant Johnson being based on Apone, the Marine armor, the opening Cut scene. Taking all that into consideration it is easy to see how The Flood draw their origins from the Xenomorphs, beyond being just "Space Zombies," a parasitic infection form that invades an organism, taking it over. Which is a long way to say that the Forerunners plan was just that. The plan wasn't to kill the enemy, but to kill their food and "Starve" them out. Remove any viable hosts from the Galaxy so they couldn't procreate.

Of course it ended up not working since the Flood could hibernate almost indefinitely, just like it seems the Xenomorph eggs could on the Space Jockeys ship.

The Original Halo: Combat Evolved was super heavily based on Aliens. The Pillar of Autumn having similar geometry to the Sulaco, Sergeant Johnson being based on Apone, the Marine armor, the opening Cut scene. Taking all that into consideration it is easy to see how The Flood draw their origins from the Xenomorphs, beyond being just "Space Zombies," a parasitic infection form that invades an organism, taking it over. Which is a long way to say that the Forerunners plan was just that. The plan wasn't to kill the enemy, but to kill their food and "Starve" them out. Remove any viable hosts from the Galaxy so they couldn't procreate.

Of course it ended up not working since the Flood could hibernate almost indefinitely, just like it seems the Xenomorph eggs could on the Space Jockeys ship.
Just one of many reasons I loved Halo since it first came out..... 21 years ago. Time flies(!)

The discovery of the flood. As Master Chief watches the playback, the music, the atmosphere, just awesome.
Cortana :love:

^^ Well, if you're taking that road it only becomes a Starship Trooper shootin' fest:rolleyes: All of the concept I've seen/read are of the same vein.
It's either darkish spaceship corridors where the Critter is hiding behind every corners, then there's some crew members infected, blood, gore, some shooting...repeat cycle and rinse in cold water:ninja::p

Regarding the term xenomorph, have they ever established a real name for them? Although it's widely used as their name because it was used in one line in Aliens, it's not really their name. The line specifically calls them A xenomorph, meaning that they've encountered similar kinds of aliens before and that they classify them as xenomorphs.

Last edited:
I was really hoping for the musical. When I first heard, "My Chest is Bursting with Xenomorphs," duet I was hooked.

Ash: Wouldya like seconds?

Kane: No, one face-hugger will do.

Ash: I meant dinner, ya sinner.

Kane: oh, that's comin up now too.
I'm feelin queasy, uneasy

Ash: Tube down your throat

Kane: A little bit a-sleazy

Ash: Musta been that genetic parasite stew

Kane: Now ya tell me, what ya tryin to sell me...

Ash: As baby pops your sternum in two.

And then the release of the moody, "Hey! You! Don't Stick Your Head in that Egg," took me back to 1960s with its Sinatra-esque nearly-spoken-word moodiness.

Dallas: Hey! *horns* You! *horns* Don't stick your Head in that egg!
I shouldn't havvvvve to beg. And after all that I've said.

Crew! Say What????

Dallas: I said, Hey! *horns* You *horns* noggin' outta dat thing, don't know wherei its been, shall I shout or just sing...

I know what you're thinking, we all kept convincing ourselves that a project THIS full of talent could not fail.

And then Ripley's theme...

Single mom amongst the stars!
Battling enemies, human...
and from afar!
I blew up the ship, on my very first trip!
But it hid on the shuttle, under the bar.

We can only hope SOMEONE picks up this project and spends MILLIONS of other people's dollars so that it can go directly to VHS.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back