My submission for the Archive-X Speederbike competition

jusdrewit

Sr Member
Hello, this is my entry for Archive X speederbike competition. This is all kit bashed, built between several model kits and some bits of styrene. The 6" figure started as a Catwoman base that was modified extensively as well. I lost track of the hours but it was well over a 100 hours, but so much fun the entire way. This is was my first scratch built kit bash, but was something I've wanted to do for a long time, and this Archive-X competition finally pushed me over the edge into trying it out.

As far as the design goes, I was aiming for a heavily powered speederbike, who's emphasis was extreme speed, maneuverability, something that screamed deadly, fast speed and dangerous and probably heavily modified and illegal. I drew inspiration from Enfys Nest's helmet and even the shape and profile of a wasp also inspired me in the look of my bike. My figures base was female as I thought a female bounty hunter would be awesome and perhaps stand out more. I originally just had the stock BS Mandalorian helmet on her, but that looked a little too plain so I added more greeblies to her making a mask/breather and the fin and side antenna to inhance the look of her. Anyways hope you all enjoy!

1608433488595.jpg1608431153824.jpg1608431126585.jpg1608431111151.jpg1608431076359.jpg1608431084105.jpg1608431098625.jpg1608431067850.jpg1608431169525.jpg1608431134399.jpg

Nice work! I see a lot of Enfys nest inspiration in this build...
There sure was! I looked at the Solo art book for inspiration and also old school Joe Johnston speederbike concept art.

Good job on the kitbashing, I really like the pilot too much
Thank you! She started her life as a Catwoman 6" figure before getting the BS Mando helmet, then I added a bunch of spare model parts to form her armor, backpack, accessories etc. I personally like her helmet, it was just Mandos helmet but it looked too common even with a new paint job. But with the additions to her helmet I feel like it really adds to the character.

I attached a few more WIP pics. The speeder was built mostly from the Apache helicopter, Tamiya motorcycle, F-14 fighter jet, Anakin's podracer, some mini scale gun kits, and a few parts from the Bandai T-70 X-wing.

received_2523126214644202.jpeg
received_797862997694942.jpeg

received_1001340250381751.jpeg
received_1683235371844549.jpeg
received_260547171929997.jpeg
received_744927416062057.jpeg
20201107_024841.jpg

Good luck for the competition ;)
Thank you! I realize I'm going up against pros so I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just glad I actually finished on time :lol: and it's something I'm happy with.

Amazing!

What are you using for the stand?
I originally just had a wooden base with a wooden rod drilled into it and into the model. Unfortunately the model was hollow inside and after some effort, i realized it just didn't provide the stability or movement I wanted so I replaced the wooden rod with a threaded metal rod that fit into a 1/4" swivel mini ball head, like for cameras or camcorders. I then was able to securely attach where it screws in, inside the model and screw the swivel head onto the threaded rod. I was able to find a nice smooth hollow aluminum rod to fit over that to hide the threaded rod and that's it, pretty basic. I like it as I'm able to rotate the speeder like it's turning hard and banking and still have it very secure, plus I'm able to completely unscrew the speeder from everything and have it free if need be.

Last edited:
Thank you! I realize I'm going up against pros so I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just glad I actually finished on time :lol: and it's something I'm happy with.

I originally just had a wooden base with a wooden rod drilled into it and into the model. Unfortunately the model was hollow inside and after some effort, i realized it just didn't provide the stability or movement I wanted so I replaced the wooden rod with a threaded metal rod that fit into a 1/4" swivel mini ball head, like for cameras or camcorders. I then was able to securely attach where it screws in, inside the model and screw the the swivel head on the threaded rod. I was able to find a nice smooth hollow aluminum rod to fit over that to hide the threaded rod and that's it, pretty basic. I like it as I'm able to rotate the speeder like it's turning hard and banking and still have it very secure, plus I'm able to completely unscrew the speeder from everything and have it free if need be.
I really like that. Some of the panavise mounts and stuff are great for studio scale kits, but look way too big for smaller kits. That stand is sized much better

I really like that. Some of the panavise mounts and stuff are great for studio scale kits, but look way too big for smaller kits. That stand is sized much better
Thank you Analyzer! And yeah exactly, I might go the panavise route or something similar one day when I finally tackle my PF Falcon, but for this, it was the perfect size. 1/4" was the smallest I could find online, although something even smaller would've been even nicer but I didn't have any luck when I looked.

You should check out Photoshop Express for Android/iPhone... I use it to adjust the pics I take. And it works really well and is free.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back