Jacob Center

IMG_20231007_150144162.jpg

So I've been working on this for a while and it's not quite done yet but here's a bit of a photo dump of my progress
Started with puff paint on clear dot red spandex from spandex world, and stitching in detail lines to liverpool bullet knit dark teal spandex
20220720_171235_HDR.jpg
20220723_122453_HDR.jpg
20220917_195927_HDR.jpg

Lots and lots of cutting and sewing later, it started becoming wearable
20221124_220230_HDR.jpg

I'm very proud of how the lenses and mask turned out, especially since I'm not even using a faceshell. Only issue is the pattern for the mask for some reason has an extra set of vertical lines on the forehead not seen on the actual suit, which I failed to catch until after sewing
20230301_194845_HDR.jpg
20230304_173340_HDR.jpg
20230305_092538_HDR.jpg
20230308_161909_HDR.jpg

The pants were problematic. The blue fabric is advertised as 4 way stretch but is mostly 2 way stretch, and because I wanted the texture to be symmetrical the fabric orientation was mirrored on each leg. This caused the left leg to not stretch out nearly as much as needed for me to actually wear it, so I had to add essentially a finger gusset along the entire inseam of the legs, which mostly resolved the issue.

IMG_20231001_151518026.jpg

The most recent step I've taken is gluing on the front emblem, which was very scary. The suit stretches a lot when I'm wearing it, way more than the marine vinyl I got for the emblems can handle. After meticulously measuring the suit when I'm in it vs when I'm not, I determined the exact scale to print the pattern for the emblem out. I then stuffed the suit with several bath towels and a piece of cardboard to keep the front flat and protect the towels from any glue bleeding through the fabric.
Once glue was applied I held down certain parts of the emblem with tape to keep them from peeling up before the glue fully cured/
IMG_20231006_075058206_HDR.jpg

This is as far as I've gotten so far. All I have left to do is the back logo, the white armor pieces on the arms, and the shoes. I'll probably need to add extra fabric onto the bottom of the legs for that, as they're a little short.
Screenshot_20231007-180710~2 (1).png

Looks great! Where did you get the marine vinyl with the carbon fiber pattern?
I ordered it from Walmart because shipping was much cheaper there, but if its not available at walmart in your region I'll provide the company website as well
Robot or human?

I ordered it from Walmart because shipping was much cheaper there, but if its not available at walmart in your region I'll provide the company website as well
Robot or human?
Not sure why the walmart link became "Robot or human?"

Looks Great!! So you got all the red and the blue fabric from spandex world? I'm thinking of making my own suit now after seeing yours lol

What a lot of work. Nothing but respect.
Personally I prefer the black spider logo rather than the white from ps4 game (was it?).
Good luck with your project ! Rooting for you

What a lot of work. Nothing but respect.
Personally I prefer the black spider logo rather than the white from ps4 game (was it?).
Good luck with your project ! Rooting for you
Thank you! This is based on the suit from the new game on PS5. For this specific suit edits with a black logo look really really off, but generally with smaller logos black works better yeah

The suit looks great and you look like Peter Parker. I wish they made that Clear Dot spandex in other colours.
Me too, I tried so hard to find it in blue but only found black and white. I have seen someone take white clear dot and dye it blue though, which turned out beautifully

The blue is available from tons of sellers online, the red is from spandex world. Go ahead and make one! It's not really super complicated, it just takes a LOT of time
I'm assuming it zips up in the back? I'm asking bc I'm curious if you're splitting the back spider pattern up the middle for a zipper or if you're going to add it after with some velcro or magnets. Sorry if I'm being annoying

I'm assuming it zips up in the back? I'm asking bc I'm curious if you're splitting the back spider pattern up the middle for a zipper or if you're going to add it after with some velcro or magnets. Sorry if I'm being annoying
I've got a 3 way zipper system going along the sides and back of the waist so the spider can be glued on and not split in half. And don't worry about it, I love answering questions about this stuff

Attachments

• IMG_20231030_194859716_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231030_194859716_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 377
I've got a 3 way zipper system going along the sides and back of the waist so the spider can be glued on and not split in half. And don't worry about it, I love answering questions about this stuff
I see! You definitely look like you're on the right track! Now I have to find a base spandex suit! Thank you for the help! Most people would get annoyed by now lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back