So I've been working on this for a while and it's not quite done yet but here's a bit of a photo dump of my progress
Started with puff paint on clear dot red spandex from spandex world, and stitching in detail lines to liverpool bullet knit dark teal spandex
Lots and lots of cutting and sewing later, it started becoming wearable
I'm very proud of how the lenses and mask turned out, especially since I'm not even using a faceshell. Only issue is the pattern for the mask for some reason has an extra set of vertical lines on the forehead not seen on the actual suit, which I failed to catch until after sewing
The pants were problematic. The blue fabric is advertised as 4 way stretch but is mostly 2 way stretch, and because I wanted the texture to be symmetrical the fabric orientation was mirrored on each leg. This caused the left leg to not stretch out nearly as much as needed for me to actually wear it, so I had to add essentially a finger gusset along the entire inseam of the legs, which mostly resolved the issue.
The most recent step I've taken is gluing on the front emblem, which was very scary. The suit stretches a lot when I'm wearing it, way more than the marine vinyl I got for the emblems can handle. After meticulously measuring the suit when I'm in it vs when I'm not, I determined the exact scale to print the pattern for the emblem out. I then stuffed the suit with several bath towels and a piece of cardboard to keep the front flat and protect the towels from any glue bleeding through the fabric.
Once glue was applied I held down certain parts of the emblem with tape to keep them from peeling up before the glue fully cured/
This is as far as I've gotten so far. All I have left to do is the back logo, the white armor pieces on the arms, and the shoes. I'll probably need to add extra fabric onto the bottom of the legs for that, as they're a little short.