My Mando Blaster! (Fieldmarshal modified for screen accuracy)

Man, really? Wonder if he’ll sell the updated parts…
Just came across your DL-44 thread, and of course the epic KPax thread.

Am so glad Blaster Factory makes these kits so it's easy to have all the parts you need right from the get go. I guess you could consider it a challenge to build one yourself, but man these kits from Blaster factory take out all the guess work.

I got the Mando Blaster and DL-44 in their sale. So have been doing both a bit in parallel.

Then with weathering threads like this, it makes it so much easier to finish them off to a perfect weathered replica.

Thanks guys for starting and updating these threads, with further details, answers to questions etc !

What is this part called?

tMTZN0I 002.jpg

andrew-crossen-ib94-1 001.jpg

It's a screw. You undo it to remove the bolt, I think.

The round bit is the actual screw, the clip sort of thing is there to keep the screw from working itself loose, I think, as all of that is part of the bolt so it goes flying backwards fairly violently (especially as the Bergmann No. 1 is a simple blowback). So you'd need some sort of retaining clip. IF that looks weird, well, remember it's from 130 years ago.

The knurling on the screw face is to help you hold on when you rack the bolt.

Reference the Forgotten Weapons video on the real pistol, at roughly 9:30 :

Because the pistols are very old and very rare, Ian doesn't actually disassemble it, and and while the part is shown on the patent drawings 15 minutes or so of search has failed to turn up the actual patent, where the parts are explained. (I didn't look very hard, mind you, so if you really want to know I'd suggest a more detailed hunt for the 1892 Austrian patent.) So there's a certain amount of guessing.

The 1896 Bergmann No. 2 still has the screw but the clip thing is gone, so I'm guessing it didn't really do whatever it was intended to do.

It's a screw. You undo it to remove the bolt, I think.

The round bit is the actual screw, the clip sort of thing is there to keep the screw from working itself loose, I think, as all of that is part of the bolt so it goes flying backwards fairly violently (especially as the Bergmann No. 1 is a simple blowback). So you'd need some sort of retaining clip. IF that looks weird, well, remember it's from 130 years ago.

The knurling on the screw face is to help you hold on when you rack the bolt.

Reference the Forgotten Weapons video on the real pistol, at roughly 9:30 :

Because the pistols are very old and very rare, Ian doesn't actually disassemble it, and and while the part is shown on the patent drawings 15 minutes or so of search has failed to turn up the actual patent, where the parts are explained. (I didn't look very hard, mind you, so if you really want to know I'd suggest a more detailed hunt for the 1892 Austrian patent.) So there's a certain amount of guessing.

The 1896 Bergmann No. 2 still has the screw but the clip thing is gone, so I'm guessing it didn't really do whatever it was intended to do.

Thanks...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back