My Elder

skunk

I finally got my airbrush to work!!
This mask started out as an imperfect cast that I had to fill in a few places so decided to turn him into an elder to cover up where I had to fill.
I gave him a few scars aswell to give him a bit of character.
I also made some different teeth.

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this mask sculpt. For you first time using the air brush you did a damn good job. cant wait for your 2nd attempt on a mask.

Thanks guys.
I'm quite pleased with the result myself and cant wait to do another one either now I'm getting the hang of this airbrush malarky.

Nothing is ever wasted and modifying an imperfect cast has paid dividends. Airbrushing sort of scared me too but once you get the hang of it, it can be real fun. Nice work.

Cheers Crawjaw.....and I'm sure that once I get the hang of it (properly lol)..i'm sure it will be.

and Nemes1s...I used "liquitex gloss and medium" but I think most people on here use "permawet"...which is not so easy to get hold of in the Uk..

Here's my second attempt at an elder conversion with scars ....i've still got to install teeth quills and dreads and such but I think you get to see the paintup better without them...so here it is.

It's still not as good as I would like it to be but I think it's an improvement on my first.
Thanks for looking

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work Lee
nice uses of colors, blending and great spots

Just a helpful hint on the mouth color
I use a light brown and mist a trans white over the top and this turns it to a fleshy pink color. Just using red on a mouth can be too strong and throws off the look of great paint up like yours. Please don't take this last part the wrong way, you still did a bang up job.

Scott

Great job on the spots and colors. Agree with Scott about the mouth being a little too red.

One other thing - and this is just minor criticism - I almost thought the scars were veins. Scars are generally jagged, ripped and torn. I know you can't change the sculpt now and the discoloration does make them look like old wounds, but they are round and curvy like a vein would be.

Still love the paint up overall tho...especially how you spotted the entire back of the head! Most people don't bother to paint the back - no one sees it because they are covered w dreads. I always start at the back to check how the colors look - that way I can still fix them before I work on the money maker.

I have to agree.....really like the sculpt, nice texture to him! I must say i could do without the popping veins , but other than that damn fine job sculpting and painting! ;)

Looks alot better than the 1st, and agree with the dudes above, the mouth totally overpowers the overall look of him, if its toned down alittle itll it will look even better.

Lee, Again excellent work and a big improvement on the first one the colour and detail says it all and regarding the mouth leave it as when the teeth go in you barely see it not like on other Preds. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys...much appreciated ..LOL...you wouldn't beleive the amount of times that I repainted the mouth cos I wasn't happy with it.....still not happy with it because of exactly the same reasons stated here....and you are all right....but the guy I'm doing it for is happy with it as it is...and as Stephen says...you're not going to see much of the mouth once the teeth are installed....so i'm going to leave this one as is....but thanks for the colour advice Scott...now I know where I was going wrong I might not spend so much time on the mouth next time.
As for the scars....lol...again Jason I know EXACTLY what you mean....I wanted to try and create an alien looking scar ...something that was mabe caused by an energy weopon or something......but you're right...on this occation they do indeed look like veins.....but luckily it's NOT part of the sculpt as these were added at the latex stage......too late to change this one....but again..the guy who this is for is happy with it so i'm going to leave it.

Thanks again for the tips and comments.....next one should be better still ;)

Lee

small update pics with teeth, quills and dreads added.
Just got the eyes, dread rings and bio to do now.

sorry 'bout the crappy pic quality...but i dont have a tripod lol..

edit:pictures removed so I can update

thanks for looking

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back