My Early Disasters pt 2 - A Biker Scout Helmet - How hard can it be?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dtrasler

Sr Member
Where did I see someone posting a brilliant 3d print of a glove-plate support? It was like a three legged table, but upside down, and the legs go through your glove and are glued to the plate? Or did I dream it?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dtrasler

Sr Member
Suddenly remembered I spent all that time last Spring taking Blender tutorials so I didn't have to ask for help knocking together simple shapes like this, and built my own. Printing it now to see how it goes.
Screenshot (131).png

Dtrasler

Sr Member
This weekend has been pretty much perfect - I got a load of the outside work done (paving), did a load of domestic stuff (went out with family to See Art And Appreciate It) and I got some time on the armour. I've now printed and assembled:
1 Left Shoulder Bell
1 Left Bicep
1 left glove plate
1/2 Left Gauntlet.

I've surfaced (with bondo) all bar the gauntlet, which isn't finished yet. I've printed off my glove plate holder and fitted it. It works ok! I've primed all three pieces, and sprayed them chalk black for that animated palette look. In the background of this pic you can see the Mando Armourer breastplate I'm making for Mrs Dim. That got a bit more bondo and sanding this weekend too. AND we took the dalek out for a spin around Science World (in the rain.) Weekends this good are a rare treasure and I appreciate it very much.
20210503_153858.jpg

Dtrasler

Sr Member
Just the one helmet and my Galaxy's Edge Lightsaber in work today for may the Fourth. Hope everyone out there who celebrates is having a great day! And everyone else...ALSO have a great day!
20210504_120119.jpg