My Builds: The growing of an eclectic collection

Re: LEIA ADDED! Blasters on the bench: Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17 more

The barrel weight was achieved using the threaded rod, the grip weight was glue and buckshot (big thanks to @Inquisitor Peregrinus for that). I cut out a decent sized hole in the mag section to insert the weight. Then I used Bondo and a thin piece of plastic sheeting to seal up.

Ended up doing the same, though I did not weight the barrel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Yavin Medal added - Builds: Many Blasters and More

I think i bought from the same person, i thought i really lucked out finding it so easily on ebay.

How did you attach the necktie, i dont see any stitching. i would like mine to look as clean as you have made it.

I first tried hot glue but it dried too fast.

Instead I used this:

1426910_68__62497_std.png

It works with water. You ensure that the parts you are attaching are damp. As it dries, it becomes an adhesive foam which is great to permeate the fibers of the tie plus it gives you time to work with the tie to ensure it is placed the way you want it.

Before you glue, make sure you have the tie laid and spaced out the way you want it. You also need to cut the ends of the tie so that they have a horizontal base. Once I got it right, I stapled the ends together as to ensure that they held the correct placement once I shoved it into the medal using something long and thin to poke it into place.

I also put masking tape over the medal's surface to protect it from any glue.

Re: Yavin Medal added - Builds: Many Blasters and More

Gorilla glue, nice! appreciate the response, ill try something similar.

I first tried hot glue but it dried too fast.

Instead I used this:

http://www.pharmapacks.com/product_images/c/649/1426910_68__62497_std.png

It works with water. You ensure that the parts you are attaching are damp. As it dries, it becomes an adhesive foam which is great to permeate the fibers of the tie plus it gives you time to work with the tie to ensure it is placed the way you want it.

Before you glue, make sure you have the tie laid and spaced out the way you want it. You also need to cut the ends of the tie so that they have a horizontal base. Once I got it right, I stapled the ends together as to ensure that they held the correct placement once I shoved it into the medal using something long and thin to poke it into place.

I also put masking tape over the medal's surface to protect it from any glue.

Re: Leia necklace added... Builds: Blasters, Hilts, Medal, Necklace, etc

Finished the Army Commander (Poe) Resistance Rank Badge.

Not the best paint masking job.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 902
Re: LEIA ADDED! Blasters on the bench: Greedo, DL-18, GK, Droid, E-11, DH-17 more

The barrel weight was achieved using the threaded rod, the grip weight was glue and buckshot (big thanks to @Inquisitor Peregrinus for that). I cut out a decent sized hole in the mag section to insert the weight. Then I used Bondo and a thin piece of plastic sheeting to seal up.

What kind of glue did you use? looking at what I have, I can't think of any I could pour in that would actually dry in a decent time.

Last edited by a moderator:

What kind of glue did you use? looking at what I have, I can't think of any I could pour in that would actually dry in a decent time.

You have to take your time. I first tried Elmer's Glue but it was too much too fast. What ever you do, you got to add a little at a time so it can dry. i really like the Gorilla Glue I posted above. I try to lay down a base of the water and glue first. It is a real pain in the ass because of the posts holding the handle together unless you want to try and drill those away.

You have to take your time. I first tried Elmer's Glue but it was too much too fast. What ever you do, you got to add a little at a time so it can dry. i really like the Gorilla Glue I posted above. I try to lay down a base of the water and glue first. It is a real pain in the ass because of the posts holding the handle together unless you want to try and drill those away.

Oh weird... water and glue. I have a gorrila to part epoxy I considered... I guess it's just pour in a little, drop some buck shot, let dry, add another layer up the handle?

I'm dremeling off the entire barrel, so I'll have lots of space to go through the top.

Now gotta find buckshot!... Could be a pain... not a lot of gun shops where I live.

Oh weird... water and glue. I have a gorrila to part epoxy I considered... I guess it's just pour in a little, drop some buck shot, let dry, add another layer up the handle?

I'm dremeling off the entire barrel, so I'll have lots of space to go through the top.

Now gotta find buckshot!... Could be a pain... not a lot of gun shops where I live.

If you got the room, you can use small fishing weights.

The Gorilla glue I have dries as a foam which is why it needs contact with water (dampness) at the application areas.

If you got the room, you can use small fishing weights.

The Gorilla glue I have dries as a foam which is why it needs contact with water (dampness) at the application areas.

Maybe I'll check that out... and yep, figured fishing weights would be my next shot... if I can find them small enough.

Thanks!

Re: Leia necklace added... Builds: Blasters, Hilts, Medal, Necklace, etc

Here is a something else I was working on based off a different thread I started: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=216157

Millennium Falcon Dice (TFA)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The dice are vintage solid brass. The layout of the numbers are not accurate to the ones in the movie as the 1 and 6 are on the wrong sides The chain and hooks are antique gold/brass plating as to compliment the coloring of the dice. The chain is 2ft long and the links are circles (not ovals) which I believe to be correct based on what I see.

Re: My Builds: Blasters, Hilts, Medal, Necklace, Dice, etc

Been a while since I did a project. This Rey staff kit was a fun project.

Basically all i needed was 71" of 1" diameter wood dowel rod, 14 inches of PVC pipe, and various paints.

IMG_3090.JPGIMG_3107.JPG

The below pictures are before the weathering paint effects. It is just textured paint, aged bronze, and a black wash.

IMG_3117.JPGIMG_3118.JPG

Last edited:

Been a while since I did a project. This Rey staff kit was a fun project.

View attachment 673560View attachment 673561

Basically all i needed was 71" of 1" diameter wood dowel rod, 14 inches of PVC pipe, and various paints.

I am pretty much done but there is still some small touches I need to do. I will post finished images soon.

Attachments not working... interested in seeing...

I assume this is from the junkyard run? I baddly want to do this one!

Yes, the junkyard run. Picts above fixed.

Here some pictures in the sunlight. The staff now has the aged/weathered/dirt affects applied.

IMG_3114.JPGIMG_3115.JPGIMG_3116.JPG

For good measure, I used wood screws to secure the PVC to the wood dowels. All pieces are held in place by Gorilla Glue.

The base paint is aged bronze over a textured paint application. It has several coats of acrylic wash applications of various color such as relish brown, tans, brown and black to simulate age/weathering/dirt/sand/rust/wear. i also brushed on some graphite and sealed to help add some character but I'm not sure it did much.

The sling was soaked in hot water and put i the dryer in high heat in order to get the length similar to the screen used prop.

It is not clear in the photos but the cloth wrappings and the sling have been washed in browns and black acrylics to also make them appear used.

I am quite happy with the end result.

Last edited:
Re: My Builds: Rey Staff, Blasters, Hilts, Medal, Necklace, Dice, etc

Did you sand any of those parts for the staff?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back