My Blade Runner collection (NEW: Deckard's sawfish rostrum)

I recently made a small but to me quite interesting discovery regarding Deckard's piano photos.

I may have ID'ed the manufacturer's signature on the photo of the little girl with doll. As you can see it's partially covered by the hintha duck:

710x528_25211319_13655502_1543065360_1_0-kopi.jpg

So I started wondering: What could it say? Looks like "-dquist". Maybe a Swedish immigrant? Lundquist, Lindquist?

After searching eBay for some time I found this:

s-l1600 (1).jpeg

Signature Stock 1.jpg

And a quick comparison with the screen shot seems to confirm that Deckard's photo was in fact made by Lindquist ALEXANDRIA MINN.:

311587012_10159983154109763_5497236229416025346_n.jpg

That of course let me to get a stamp made so I could make my own accurate photo:

0.jpg

This is just a quick and dirty prototype to proof the concept:

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

I have no plans of doing a run, but I'm sure someone else will pick up on this :)

Another recent acquisition is this sawfish rostrum.

It's among the more obscure things found in Deckard's apartment and probably not on any new collector's top-ten list of must-have items :unsure:

This particular rostrum is over 60 years old, which makes it fully legal to buy and own here.

First the reference:

BladeRunner-DeckardTile_08-1.jpg

BladeRunner-DeckardTile_08.jpg

And then the sawfish rostrum itself:

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

This particular rostrum is over 60 years old, which makes it fully legal to buy and own here.
So where does one even find such an item, and then determine the age/provenance to meet the legal requirements?

It's a great piece that would be a prize object for any Cabinet of Curiosities - I am definitely envious.

Congrats - it's very nice! (y)

So where does one even find such an item, and then determine the age/provenance to meet the legal requirements?

It's a great piece that would be a prize object for any Cabinet of Curiosities - I am definitely envious.

Congrats - it's very nice! (y)

Thank you :)

I bought this from a private collection, so there's no way to be 100% sure that it's exactly 60 years old. The guy told me his father who was a sailor with MAERSK brought it home in the early 1960's along with other exotic souvenirs and that he inherited his father's collection. Again, I can't 100% sure, but I have no reason to believe he was lying :)

I bought this from a private collection, so there's no way to be 100% sure that it's exactly 60 years old. The guy told me his father who was a sailor with MAERSK brought it home in the early 1960's along with other exotic souvenirs and that he inherited his father's collection. Again, I can't 100% sure, but I have no reason to believe he was lying :)
Interesting! Thanks for the info - I agree that there's no reason not to believe him. Seems like a pretty solid provenance.

The paperwork that came with mine says... "i hope you are pleased with it. It has been in our family for years,my father was given it as a child in or around 1930 something by an uncle who was a retired merchant seaman. Regards Martin."
There is one on ebay at the moment for sale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back