Hannibal
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the...
Ghosts of Mars

Last edited:
Operation Condor - This is the best movie ever
Real Genius
Special (2006)
Be Kind Rewind
Moon - I know people here probably like this one, but it seriously needs more mainstream attention

Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift - The only good movie in the franchise. It's the only one where the hero changes at all (like a good protagonist should).

The Last Airbender - maybe my expectations were low enough, but this movie wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. It wasn't good, but it wasn't awful, and yes, I watched and love the cartoon series.

I'll add more when I think of them.

I also have to say Mars Attacks. I guess people were looking for something deeper... but it was based off of a trading card series. It was supposed to be two dimensional.

I'm gonna also say Scream 4. I think it was really well done and washed the bad taste left by Scream 3 out of my mouth. I guess part of the problem is that slasher movies just aren't "in" these days, making it less topical. However, the remake aspect of it very much is... I guess people missed that.

I was disappointed at how X Men: First Class performed at the box office. I personally thought it was very well done, and hoped for numbers closer to the previous installments. A lot of people who saw it loved it... unfortunately, not many saw it.

But those are probably the most recent in my head... I'm guessing I have lots of more underrated movies I could find.

I also have to say Mars Attacks. I guess people were looking for something deeper... but it was based off of a trading card series. It was supposed to be two dimensional.

I'm gonna also say Scream 4. I think it was really well done and washed the bad taste left by Scream 3 out of my mouth. I guess part of the problem is that slasher movies just aren't "in" these days, making it less topical. However, the remake aspect of it very much is... I guess people missed that.

I was disappointed at how X Men: First Class performed at the box office. I personally thought it was very well done, and hoped for numbers closer to the previous installments. A lot of people who saw it loved it... unfortunately, not many saw it.

But those are probably the most recent in my head... I'm guessing I have lots of more underrated movies I could find.

man, you guys like some crap movies. Surprised "Spawn" hasnt been listed after reading some of those name up there, lol.

I second "Southland Tales" and thats coming from someone who cant stand Donnie Darko. No clue how some claim its hard to follow. its a feat in film making alone being shot entirely in LA, over 100 FX shots and a budget of around $15 mil while still being full of names and faces. It even has cars humping!

The Burbs.

One of my favorite movies of all times and well loved by fans but neglected in general (no BR etc)...

The Life Aquatic as well. Wonderful film

Weequay

Witness - Harrison Ford as a wounded cop in Amish Country. It did get some award considerations, but is often a 'forgotten' film it seems.

The Final Countdown - I remember seeing this in the theaters as a kid. While the efx are not fantastic, the idea of a modern era aircraft carrier time traveling back to December 6, 1941 opens up some interesting thoughts of can history every be changed / rewritten?

Innocent Blood - Worked in downtown Pittsburgh while this was being filmed. not really a stellar movie, but a fun romp with vampires and the mob. Any movie with Don Rickles as a mobster's lawyer is worth a watch.

Road to Perdition - Do people forget that Tom Hanks, Paul Newman AND Jude Law were in a film together? Yeah, yeah, Daniel Craig was in it but he wasn't anything special, nor was he Bond yet. Still, a great period film from the Prohibition Era.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - This is probably a cult favorite now, but because it is that means it was originally overlooked. It is a great, English film for a debut director and has a great cast.

The Straight Story - A tale of an old man who travels cross country on a lawn mower to make amends with his brother before one of them dies. Filled with so much symbolism and messages, this beautiful film is the least liked by David Lynch fans.

Check these out if you get a chance

"Iron Giant" - I'll bring this movie up any chance I get.

"3:10 to Yuma" - Subtle in it's message, yet miles deep. Gets better by leaps and bounds every time I see it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back