top right pic looks great IMHO..

Thanks, I like that one too, it’s a little too deep when not in a lot of light though, which is probably the byproduct of the matte black primer base coat and the shade of metallic “chrome” I used (I was out of gloss black and white and had the painting itch). I’m happy to know what can still be achieved with a matte base coat. I’m also going to test some satin clear coats as the suit has a more satin sheen to it than a real high-gloss. And I’m going to get the right color red to mess with!

I would love to buy one of these from you once you are finished i loved the look of Tony's battle damaged mk50 helmet from the first time i saw infinity war. Please dm me if you would consider making one for sale

This look really good!
The paint is a real pain to decide
As you said, a satin finish wouldn't be bad at all, the latest pieces I painted, I skipped the clear all together and I'm really happy with it

Attachments

• IMG_20190217_211229__01.jpg
    IMG_20190217_211229__01.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 261
This look really good!
The paint is a real pain to decide
As you said, a satin finish wouldn't be bad at all, the latest pieces I painted, I skipped the clear all together and I'm really happy with it

That paint job looks great!...what is it? Almost looks like the Toyota or Colonial red with a satin sheen to it, but I don't think it is...

I was watching the movie on 2 different tvs in the house (seeing if there were color differences) and there was a little more gloss (or depth) than in some of the pics I've been staring at, but not much. I continued my crazed tests with whatever paints I had in the house, until I purchase more - and I focused on the first and second layers, still need to add the top clear red with a satin finish. I'm really just procrastinating because it's been way too cold to hit the primer on the parts outside (I hate spraying the primer in the airbrush station, it stinks for DAYS no matter what). Everything I tried to paint outside over the weekend took so long to cure that it started either to freeze & crack and/or got extra dirty from the air since it wasn't drying fast enough. And I'm having fun with my new airbrush and have been making mini pegboard systems for the workshop.

IMG_1435.JPG IMG_1427.JPG

Love your work soo far man! I recently purchased the Do3D files as well for the damaged MK50 helmet and was wondering if your edited/modified files were for sale? I love the added detail that you incorporated into the helmet, I attempted to do the same but I'm not getting the best results.

That paint job looks great!...what is it? Almost looks like the Toyota or Colonial red with a satin sheen to it, but I don't think it is...]

Thanks!

I only have the number of the paint from a local store
I've tried to find a color code name for that red in their car paint guide, and the only one I could find was Toyota Ginger Red
Now I'm not sure that's a 100% match. These colors are a bit universal for a lot of different paint jobs.
When I picked the color I browsed all their red metallics and picked the one i liked the most.

Thanks!

I only have the number of the paint from a local store
I've tried to find a color code name for that red in their car paint guide, and the only one I could find was Toyota Ginger Red
Now I'm not sure that's a 100% match. These colors are a bit universal for a lot of different paint jobs.
When I picked the color I browsed all their red metallics and picked the one i liked the most.

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it's in my saved list on Amazon, hoping I can make some time to play with the Tamiya paints that arrived.

Been slow on the work since it's been way too windy to hit the parts with more primer and regular life and work (boring!! haha), but got a little more sanding done and made a little portable dev board for the faceplate (that's an early test print on the dev board). Hit a different red with some Satin finish, think I'll add a few more coats today while the wind is calm - it's really hard to get a good pic of it as it comes off looking more metal flake than it actually is.

IMG_1480.jpg IMG_1492.jpg IMG_1493.jpg IMG_1506.jpg IMG_1508.jpg

Sorry for going MIA, had a lot of life things all happening at once that forced me to take a little pause on the build, including burning out my exhaust fan for my airbrush station "1.0" (we fixed it and are now working on building 2.0 as we speak). I've mapped out what I have left so I can finish this before Endgame is released, so excited!!

I've still got some paint work to do, including the damage work on the helmet, but it's so hard because I really love the way the candy came out. Even though I wanted more purple and really wanted to try some of the AlcladII paints (currently it's Tamiya which I had on hand). Here's a flood of update pics, enjoy...

IMG_3122.jpg IMG_3130.jpg IMG_3132.jpg IMG_3133.jpg IMG_3134.jpg IMG_3140.jpg IMG_3147.jpg IMG_3151.jpg

[QUOTE = "iamshazam, post: 4607071, member: 58952"] Lo siento por ir a MIA, sucedieron muchas cosas de la vida a la vez que me obligaron a hacer una pequeña pausa en la compilación, incluso quemar mi extractor de aire para mi estación de aerógrafo "1.0" (lo arreglamos y ahora estamos trabajando en el edificio 2.0 en este momento). He trazado lo que me queda para poder terminar esto antes de que se publique Endgame, ¡muy emocionado!

Todavía tengo trabajo de pintura que hacer, incluido el trabajo de daños en el casco, pero es muy difícil porque realmente amo la forma en que salieron los dulces. A pesar de que quería más púrpura y realmente quería probar algunas de las pinturas de AlcladII (actualmente es Tamiya la que tenía a mano). Aquí hay un montón de fotos actualizadas, disfruten ...

View attachment 1011304

excuse. I do not have a 3d machine
Is there a pepakura file that I can try to replicate your helmet?
I'm amazing congratulations

excuse. I do not have a 3d machine
Is there a pepakura file that I can try to replicate your helmet?
I'm amazing congratulations

Thank you! I don’t believe that there is a pep file of the damaged helmet. But if you can find a file of the regular helmet maybe you can modify it?

Sorry for going MIA, had a lot of life things all happening at once that forced me to take a little pause on the build, including burning out my exhaust fan for my airbrush station "1.0" (we fixed it and are now working on building 2.0 as we speak). I've mapped out what I have left so I can finish this before Endgame is released, so excited!!

I've still got some paint work to do, including the damage work on the helmet, but it's so hard because I really love the way the candy came out. Even though I wanted more purple and really wanted to try some of the AlcladII paints (currently it's Tamiya which I had on hand). Here's a flood of update pics, enjoy...

View attachment 1011304 View attachment 1011305 View attachment 1011306 View attachment 1011307 View attachment 1011308 View attachment 1011311 View attachment 1011317 View attachment 1011318

Great job man! So what did you end up doing with paint for the red parts? which tamiya paints? Its impossible to get any of the color matching automotive spray paints here in EU that others in the US use, so could never find a good Iron man red.

View attachment 1011304 View attachment 1011305 View attachment 1011306 View attachment 1011307 View attachment 1011308 View attachment 1011311 View attachment 1011317 View attachment 1011318

+1 to the guy asking what you ended up doing for the Red parts - since us in EU never found that Iron man red automotive paint. Yours could be the saviour :p

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back