Mid Grade Phaser project

Almost finished. Painted the front window & chromed the fins, in a couple of hours I'll put the three pieces together.

20231118_113113.jpg
20231118_113107 (1).jpg

I’m not entirely sure that the WCM is even real, now.
As you know I visited the WC owner and have seen the phaser first hand last month IF it's a fake then whoever made it had a lot of hands on time with one of the originals.

I'm hoping to go out to visit by the end of the month and do some photography of the phaser for the owner. So things will be getting really interesting

Ron Shanko's mid grade kit is all done.
This turned out so good. It beats the Hell out of my AA/DST mid grade conversion. As far as I'm concerned, this is a fine kit, and not a pain to put together, either. The kit comes with a 3.25 inch handle, which is the average length of most mid grade handles, but since I was aiming specifically for the Plato's Stepchildren phaser I added a bit of length since it was one of the few mid grades with a hero-length handle.
I never worked with fiberglass before, but it wasn't too different (except I HAD to wear a mask while sanding).
Thanks to Ron for making this kit available to me: I did so much research I never would have, and now I have a true mid grade in all its glory.
20231118_150658.jpg
20231118_150649.jpg
20231118_150716.jpg
20231118_150724.jpg
20231118_150758.jpg
20231118_150627.jpg

Ron Shanko's mid grade kit is all done.
This turned out so good. It beats the Hell out of my AA/DST mid grade conversion. As far as I'm concerned, this is a fine kit, and not a pain to put together, either. The kit comes with a 3.25 inch handle, which is the average length of most mid grade handles, but since I was aiming specifically for the Plato's Stepchildren phaser I added a bit of length since it was one of the few mid grades with a hero-length handle.
I never worked with fiberglass before, but it wasn't too different (except I HAD to wear a mask while sanding).
Thanks to Ron for making this kit available to me: I did so much research I never would have, and now I have a true mid grade in all its glory.
View attachment 1762709View attachment 1762710View attachment 1762711View attachment 1762712View attachment 1762713View attachment 1762714

Very nicely done, indeed!

Those are awesome looking. I've wanted to get a Shanko mid grade for a long time, I already have a few different hero's, but have never been able to find one already built as I have zero skills at building one.

Those are awesome looking. I've wanted to get a Shanko mid grade for a long time, I already have a few different hero's, but have never been able to find one already built as I have zero skills at building one.
Time to develope some then! Just go slow and ask for the tips you need!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back