Merchandise and props you can buy at Disney’s upcoming Galaxy’s Edge attraction.

Ok so I've had the chance to try on both the 2xl and the L/xl Emperor's robes and for someone 5"11 and 175lbs the L/XL is for sure the correct size. I'm going to post pictures of both sizes the first ones will be the L/XL the second will be the larger. Now in the larger photos I'ju wearing different shoes that add a bit of height so the length looks like it's ok but it's a bit longer, and if you were wearing thin slippers or similar it might drag in the ground.

I'm both standing straight up and haunched slightly over to show the difference in how the costume looks depending on posture in the first set of pics. And I'm not wearing the underrobe in either set just regular clothes.

Judging by your photos and LTsmash1200 6'2 mannequin with the 2XL I think the XL would work for me. I'm just a hair bigger then you by 1" and 15lbs. That's what I'll be buying come pay day :)

Finally pulled the trigger and picked up a droid and did some custom weathering.
IMG_5807.JPG

Ok so I've had the chance to try on both the 2xl and the L/xl Emperor's robes and for someone 5"11 and 175lbs the L/XL is for sure the correct size. I'm going to post pictures of both sizes the first ones will be the L/XL the second will be the larger. Now in the larger photos I'm wearing different shoes that add a bit of height so the length looks like it's ok but it's a bit longer, and if you were wearing thin slippers or similar it might drag in the ground.

I'm both standing straight up and haunched slightly over to show the difference in how the costume looks depending on posture in the first set of pics. And I'm not wearing the underrobe in either set just regular clothes.

Predatormv i also have an emperor lifesize display character and thinking about getting this cloak as it looks better than mine. Ian McDiarmid is roughly 5'8" so should i get the L/XL size or smaller again mate?

I think I could get the robe in the same box as the holochess figures if you wanted both at the same time, it would push the weight up of course but let me check. I've got both right now for someone else I'll see if they fit in the same box today and let you know, if not there robes alone after tax are $266.24 before shipping.

Oh and as for sizes, I'd probably do the L/Xl it's easier to get it hemmed if it's too long than it be too short and not be able to do anything about it.

Bad news (for me): my friend went to the park today and they're all out of adult sizes, save for S/M. She was told they'll be getting in larger sizes in the next 2 weeks. She's actually going back there later in the month so will be trying again for me. Fingers crossed...

Bad news (for me): my friend went to the park today and they're all out of adult sizes, save for S/M. She was told they'll be getting in larger sizes in the next 2 weeks. She's actually going back there later in the month so will be trying again for me. Fingers crossed...

For which costume?

Yes if they were out it's because your friend went later in the day, when I went in the morning they had all the sizes, I picked up a l/xl for someone, and they had the others as well. They do go quick though, but they will restock them in a day or two.

My L/XL came in. I will say this set is worth a lot more then $250. I think the outer robe being largely made of synthetic material helps reduce the cost and that Disney has the means to mill their own fabric. But that does not sacrifice the quality at all. If I didn't know the material makeup id swear it's all cotton. It's heavy super heavy, heavier then my 100% wool KevVader cape. I had to make a new make shift form that wouldnt topple over from the weight.

Here it is in display.

20191119_121337.jpg

And here it is worn on a 6' frame. It's a crappy photo.

20191119_112337.jpg

6' is actually pushing it for the L/XL. I would say it's about an 1" to short but still works. It's best for over 6 footers to go 2XL and pin the extra material on the robes.

Looks great, vader45! My friend said she might be going back before Thanksgiving, so I'm still hoping to get a set some day. Wouldn't mind using it for Halloween next year, so there's time...

I can see a couple of areas on the robe that helped keep the cost down.

The hood isn't full lined with the outer material and there is a seam running the width right at the top of the gathers on the sleeves. If I can match the material I may send it to a seamstress to line the hood.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back