Unlimited Run Men in Black Blaster (3D Printed Kit)

Re: Men in Black 3 Blaster - 3D Printed Kit

Small update : everything is still a go, I was hoping to get the 1st one done before I go on vacation but I don't want to rush the files, so look for a printed prototype in mid August

Prototype #1 exists. Needs some tweaking, fit and finish and a few other tweaks, But the size is great, feels good in hand and looks pretty damn cool, even in red plastic!

2nd pic is with just 1 small LED inside, will start on electronics once the tweaks are made to the model

2016-07-29%2020.21.30_zpstfhyp1v9.jpg

2016-07-29%2020.26.48_zps7f9jmcdq.jpg

Looking great! So stoked you're doing this bad boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the size too. Looks bigger than I imagined.

Thanks, it really is cool, feels great in hand. The grip has a weird bend and twist to it, yet it fits really well.

Should have the final updates and tweaks done in a week or so, then onto final prototype, then up for sale!

So pumped for this!

Can you give us a heads up what to expect with the kit? I assume it'll be a resin kit, not 3D printed? What parts will there be? Hollow or solid? I assume the parts that end black will be separate from the chrome parts? Will you include any electronics? Finally, can the chrome parts actually be chromed? I've never chromed resin so this is an unknown to me.

Hope that's not too many questions.

It's a 3D printed kit, not resin, easily sanded. Currently, not including the small clear parts, there are 6 major parts. The front part of the barrel is hollow, the rest solid (except where the trigger resides to it can move). The "black" areas are technically carbon fiber, and I have just purchased some carbon fiber vinyl (that will come with each kit) that can be cut and wrapped around the grip and trigger area.

Yes, it will come with electronics - most likely a battery holder, 2 LEDs, wires and a switch.

There are a few ways to get a chrome look, and as I understand, more products on the way. I know Walmart sells a "chrome" rattle can. That's going to be the easiest and cheapest way. There is also "mirror chrome" which can be run through an airbrush. I know of a few guys that have used that for different project with good success. Check into it.

I'm also going to offer a high-res print of my Noisy Cricket for a discount if people want both MIB guns.

Heading on holidays, look for the final version in a week or so

Final changes on model done, should hopefully have a finished prototype to show off this weekend!

More info on chrome paint:

1) cheapest, rattle can, good results, read people's reviews and pics and techniques on amazon - www.amazon.com/dp/B000C027P4/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_gxyQxbQM5W47H

2) still cheap, but you need an airbrush, I know people who use this, gives very good results, prep is key, I believe brandomack used this on out Indiana Jones idol - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015H4G2U/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_RzyQxbZASAY8S

3) crazy town, silver nitrate system, multiple steps, but real mirror finish. I hear new, cheaper copies of this system are very close to being released, share if you know anything - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZYU0PK6/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_3DyQxbSHH7GTZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice to see this come together!!!
The key to the chrome look, would be to use a black enamel ( with flawless sanded surface! ). Than use the Alclad chrome paint, using an airbrush.
I have had very good results, using the Alclad

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back