Unlimited Run Men in Black Blaster (3D Printed Kit)

Re: Men in Black 3 Blaster - 3D Printed Kit

Nice to see this come together!!!
The key to the chrome look, would be to use a black enamel ( with flawless sanded surface! ). Than use the Alclad chrome paint, using an airbrush.
I have had very good results, using the Alclad

Awesome, that's what I've heard too, thanks for the info

We're almost there folks!! It's been a long road, but I don't want to rush this and put it out before it's right. The prototype is 99% done, I'm making 1 small (internal) change, to allow the most room possible for LEDs, battery, etc, then I'll reprint the whole thing to make sure it's perfect, then start selling them!

All those that posted interest will get a PM when I switch this over to a FS thread.

As far as pricing, I think it'll be as follows:

MIB gun: $135.00 (includes 18 pieces & Carbon fiber vinyl)
Electronics kit: $15.00 (includes 12V battery, blue LED strip & switch)
Optional - high-res Noisy cricket: $25.00 if bought with MIB gun (pics to follow)

## pricing could change slightly, but is unlikely ##

Last edited:

Wasn't sure if I posted if I was interested or not! But I'm in for 1!

Arghhh! Printed what I thought was the new version all day today... Was the old version - Grrrr. Let's try that again, pics to follow tomorrow

After a long wait, it's finally ready!! I will switch this to a FS thread and start PM'ing people tonight. Please check the 1st post for all sales details, here's some pics, including internal and assembly stuff:

Here's the finished gun:

2016-08-18%2018.55.30_zpskzd7z0gm.jpg

Here's what the kit will contain:

2016-08-18%2018.59.08_zpszsujpvuo.jpg

Here's the electronics kit:

2016-08-18%2019.27.40_zpsclkjykds.jpg

I designed the front piece hollow, for LED lights and other electronics. It is a separate piece so you can place the LEDs easily as well as the switch and wiring.

2016-08-18%2019.04.55_zpslwwgjpzv.jpg

2016-08-18%2019.05.07_zpsddd5tjsw.jpg

The front "nozzle" is removable and I'm thinking one could hot glue the battery to it, then hot glue it in place. Then you could remove it when the battery dies. The 2 main body pieces should be glued and the gap filled once you're happy with the the electronics setup.

2016-08-18%2018.57.58_zpsyosybaul.jpg

2016-08-18%2018.57.45_zpsjzvtq0t9.jpg

And this is what the LED strip looks like when lit up (I just shoved it in, you can tweak the placement for best light dispersement)

2016-08-18%2019.06.08_zpslsqmmwuh.jpg

Re: Men in Black Blaster - 3D Printed Kit

The printers are going 24/7, working to fill orders. Thanks to those who have already ordered, if you filled out the form, I've got you on the "make-list". I'm about a week out from shipping the 1st 3 orders, PMs coming soon as I ship.

Payment sent, Cheers.

Can't wait to see how this turns out as the trick will be in the chroming, will be my first attempt.

Look forward to seeing people's WIP's on this one to learn a few tips maybe.

Thanks for putting this one together for us, Cheers :thumbsup

Thanks again for the orders and enthusiasm all. I've got 3 almost done, now I'm waiting for more electronics. I hope to ship the 1st 5 kits by mid-week!

Im going to offer cosmichrome service in the next 2 weeks (give or take a few days) to rpf members. Im in the middle of moving to a bigger workshop and wont be ready till then. I think these would be killer chromed. Ill start a service thread when ready. Great job. Pm coming

Im going to offer cosmichrome service in the next 2 weeks (give or take a few days) to rpf members. Im in the middle of moving to a bigger workshop and wont be ready till then. I think these would be killer chromed. Ill start a service thread when ready. Great job. Pm coming

YES!!! Was going to take the kit to my local electroplater (they do plastic items too) and see if they could chrome it. Would be great to hear what you can offer and for how much. Keep us posted. [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES!!! Was going to take the kit to my local electroplater (they do plastic items too) and see if they could chrome it. Would be great to hear what you can offer and for how much. Keep us posted. [emoji4][emoji106]

I do electroplating too. And on plastic. But something like this needs spray chrome. I have 7 different colors. My prices for rpf members will be the cheapest avail anywhere.

I do electroplating too. And on plastic. But something like this needs spray chrome. I have 7 different colors. My prices for rpf members will be the cheapest avail anywhere.

Cool. I presume you're in the US? Perhaps Rob would ship the kit straight to you for chroming, then you could send it on to me here in NZ? Is that a viable option?

Yes im in the us. Im sure when the time comes we can all make arrangements. It would be my pleasure. I'll probably start a service thread in the upcoming weeks to let members know. I know a lot of guys (myself included) who always want chrome done, but don't because of cost. Years ago when i started, i didnt belong to any clubs or forums to offer my services for props. I mainly did automotive. But because of that, i buy my materials in giant amounts and can offer great prices for smaller items. Thats the key when doing the spray chromes. Its very expensive to buy, but you save a lot when bought in bulk. Im going to try and figure out aome pricing in the coming weeks for firearms, hemets, gloves etc so members have an idea when considering what finish they want for their props.

I'll have 7 kits ready to ship by Friday (as long as the electronics show up). I don't mind shipping people's kits to a finisher, as long as everyone understands that once I ship them, I'm not responsible for return shipping, damages, or any fallout between you and the finisher.

I'm sure that things will be fine, I shipped about 50 groots to Frosty without issue, but I don't know Customrelic and you need to setup things yourself.

I'm assuming if I don't hear from you by Friday, your kit is going to the address you entered in the order form.

I always ship my kits labeled as "Sci fi model kit" valued at $15.00.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back