MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

I've just noticed they've also deleted one of my previous posts (but not all of them) where i posted pics of how they used the profiles in history pics to promote the hoverboard, they mustn't have liked that!

Comparison...

xbuGZ.jpg

Based on the replies I doubt that it`s Scott Neitlich, it MUST be an intern. Otherwise, I cannot believe that someone in this position represents a company like Mattel in such an embarrassing way...it`s not even funny if an intern responds like this, I would fire him straight away.

My god how many posts on there today!

This one is great:

secondwhiteline:
"Scott, I ordered Matty's Back to the Future replica Libyans, but I feel my product is likely defective. They've been here for a week now and they don't seem interested in bartering for plutonium or shooting lovable, mad scientists. Mostly they're just confused and agitated. Is this a factory issue? If not, Mattel had the actual props at hand, and I don't understand how the end result could have been so inaccurate. Please advise."

Toyguru
"My advise: run for it Marty!"

If you could let me know that would be much appreciated Nick. I'd love to cancel mine now.

As soon as I hear back, I'll let everyone know. Having worked in a massive corporation, the way to get things done usually involved the L&C department unfortunately. If they fee there is any exposure for them they tend to be very accommodating.

I've reached out, so I'll give them 24 hours to get back to me. If I don't hear anything back, I'll do a bit of digging.

And before anyone asks, I'm keeping these contacts to myself. The legal department, has NO understanding of the Matty Collector line nor this product run, so I'd prefer to keep them from being swamped with calls and/or emails to keep them on our side.

-Nick

I still say just go to bttf123 for your board he really does make the best foam and wood boards IMO.I wanted a stunt board made to my specifications and he delivered 100% accurate for me.I used rolands graphics also.Here's a few pics of my stunt board.I have the lenticular for my hero from phil which tim will do for me also having the board made out of wood.the black handlebar hole needs to be glued in better so disregard the sloppy hole lmao.The silver holograhic strip was seen on the display board at planet hollywood and I thought it looked cool so I added that as well.I also added the hole in the magnet when marty takes the little girl off the board and rips the handlebars out.The board is great otherwise :thumbsup veeeeery light too.

I am shocked Matty would be willing to kill their reputation with a project like this. They are already suffering losses on not getting minimum order for many of their product lines. Something like this can kill off enthusiasm for all their lines. With an F rating already on the BBB, they just cannot afford to make a mistake like this.
Unless, someone at Mattel is looking for a way or excuse to kill off Matty. I have seen executives pull such stunts to justify difficult positions and decisions.

I still say just go to bttf123 for your board he really does make the best foam and wood boards IMO.I wanted a stunt board made to my specifications and he delivered 100% accurate for me.I used rolands graphics also.Here's a few pics of my stunt board.I have the lenticular for my hero from phil which tim will do for me also having the board made out of wood.the black handlebar hole needs to be glued in better so disregard the sloppy hole lmao.The silver holograhic strip was seen on the display board at planet hollywood and I thought it looked cool so I added that as well.I also added the hole in the magnet when marty takes the little girl off the board and rips the handlebars out.The board is great otherwise :thumbsup veeeeery light too.

I've looked at bttf123's boards so many times and I wanted one really bad...... Only problem is that the bttf123 boards available on eBay would not ship to Australia...... Mattels hoverboards that they are releasing look crap.......so I had to make my own

371869885710736.jpg

372041620253592.jpg

I'm learning a lot as I'm making the board, so I will be remaking it with a brighter, hotter pink as well as a strap made of fur rather than the fuzzy part of the Velcro

I really just wanted to get the Velcro work on my board to be decent and I am happy with where the board is at so far

Baby steps in progress I guess

Any suggestions on where to get the fur for the footstrap? I would at least like to put that on the Matty board, I think that's the most glaring mistake, noticeable even if you take just a quick glance at the board!

I've looked at bttf123's boards so many times and I wanted one really bad...... Only problem is that the bttf123 boards available on eBay would not ship to Australia...... Mattels hoverboards that they are releasing look crap.......so I had to make my own

I'm learning a lot as I'm making the board, so I will be remaking it with a brighter, hotter pink as well as a strap made of fur rather than the fuzzy part of the Velcro

I really just wanted to get the Velcro work on my board to be decent and I am happy with where the board is at so far

Baby steps in progress I guess

When you do get to remaking your board, I would suggest using the updated version of his design. The lower right yellow corner looks way too small.

http://www.therpf.com/f40/back-future-67267/index52.html#post2384684

Just had a read through this thread....crikey! Glad I didn't preorder now, though TBH I still feel like I may pick one up. The inaccuracies aren't putting me off, I just decided when the preorders first came up that I'd wait til they came out and pick one up if I had the cash and felt like it.

Well I hope all those of you pursuing the legal route have got a screengrab of the original version of the sale page, promising the lenticular stickers etc....because I see they have changed it. It now just promises 'graphics'. I wish you luck but I honestly think Mattel will hide behind the old 'Final Product may differ' defence and it will work. DST's Medical Tricorder was supposed to have a motorised hand scanner which they changed due to costs, there was no screaming about 'bait and switch' there. It's one of the things you have to accept as, dare I say it, a TOY collector....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back