Marty McFly's Skateboard - Valterra Splatter Deck Conversion

Neat you got a real valterra! Where'd you get that? Edit: you might not have gotten the valterra yet but the trucks are popularly known as invader 800s
The screen-used boards had Tracker Ex Track trucks, not Invaders. Madrid incorrectly used Invaders on their official replicas—at least in 2015—believing at the time they were correct. That Tracker trucks were correct was only discovered after the fact, and those wanting screen-accurate boards bought Tracker trucks and have swapped them in.

See here: Marty McFly's Skateboard - Valterra Splatter Deck Conversion

The screen-used boards had Tracker Ex Track trucks, not Invaders. Madrid incorrectly used Invaders on their official replicas—at least in 2015—believing at the time they were correct. That Tracker trucks were correct was only discovered after the fact, and those wanting screen-accurate boards bought Tracker trucks and have swapped them in.

I'm guessing they used the 153mm ones if I got that right

Attachments

• TRACKER_CLASSIC_SIZE-CHART_740x.jpg
    TRACKER_CLASSIC_SIZE-CHART_740x.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 148
Just to let everyone know, the Yellow Fly Wheels / White Copers are coming back into stock at the moment, I have just got a couple of sets of them in the uk from a company called Skatepro, Just looking for the trucks now!

Just to let everyone know, the Yellow Fly Wheels / White Copers are coming back into stock at the moment, I have just got a couple of sets of them in the uk from a company called Skatepro, Just looking for the trucks now!
Good news about manufacturing company re-doing some of the '70s accessory lines (y)...Ah, if they could re-do the "Power-Pivot"!!

I have the 2015 and 2019 decks but they live w/ my props. As someone who has skated for almost 20 years now, I’d looove to make a replica that I can actually skate.

At least the deck. I couldn’t care less about the wheels or trucks, lol.

Sorry, but just to clarify EX tracks which are intenderìd for boards up to 8,25?? Aren't they far too short?
Are You shure dey didn't use the sixtracks which are intended for boards up to 9.5, as the older ones were?

Would You be so kind to clarify this, since I probably have found a supplier?

Regards,

Alberto

Sorry, but just to clarify EX tracks which are intenderìd for boards up to 8,25?? Aren't they far too short?
Are You shure dey didn't use the sixtracks which are intended for boards up to 9.5, as the older ones were?

Would You be so kind to clarify this, since I probably have found a supplier?

Regards,

Alberto
All of this is detailed earlier in the thread. Look back at posts starting from around post 592.

From earlier as to the modern re-issues of the FLY wheels, and the effect it will have on which type of Tracker trucks must be used to achieve the correct wheelbase:

• The 2010 re-issue wheels were used on the 2010 25th Anniversary replica boards, and leftover stock was also used on initial wave of the 2015 30th anniversary boards. They have similar internal construction as vintage. They also have a similar offset as vintage, meaning their use with Extrack trucks will result in the film-correct wheelbase of about 4.625" (4 5/8") between the wheels.
  • 2015 Re-issues (also sold separately on Madrid's website in 2016 while stock remained): The 2015 wheel re-issues were installed on the second wave of 2015 30th anniversary replica boards. Lighter in color, harder, plastic core. Higher offset, which results in them tucking further in towards the center of the board. To restore the film-correct wheelbase of 4.625" (4 5/8") between the wheels, the slightly wider SixTracks trucks by Tracker must be used.

Just ordered my two copers, thank you! it was the only thing that was missing for my replica. Thumbs up to you and thank you for sharing

I figured this would be a good place to post this. I don't think many people have seen the retail version of this board from the early 80s, at least not in this condition. It's not movie-accurate, but it's what they sold you if you wanted the board after you saw the movie. Hopefully you will all get a kick out of it.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    861.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Image 2.jpeg
    Image 2.jpeg
    773.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Image 3.jpeg
    Image 3.jpeg
    778.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Image 4.jpeg
    Image 4.jpeg
    670.9 KB · Views: 210
I figured this would be a good place to post this. I don't think many people have seen the retail version of this board from the early 80s, at least not in this condition. It's not movie-accurate, but it's what they sold you if you wanted the board after you saw the movie. Hopefully you will all get a kick out of it.
***** I can't imagine what that's worth now. I've never seen one still in shrinkwrap.

I've managed to get an old and battered deck, but this is amazing!

Hey all, can anyone clarify the coloring on the madrid sticker?
I've seen a few photos which look like it's fluorescent. Can't really tell 100% though from pics.

madrid_20091207_1246773225.jpg
madrid_20091207_1294091043.jpg

Most printers (obviously) don't print fluorescent ink, you would have to have a specialty printer with fluro ink loaded.
Can anyone who has an original confirm?

I've seen a few photos which look like it's fluorescent. Can't really tell 100% though from pics.

View attachment 1498307 View attachment 1498306

Most printers (obviously) don't print fluorescent ink, you would have to have a specialty printer with fluro ink loaded.

I can only speak for the re-issued ones, I have 1 that came on a board & 1 I bought from America off ebay, both look much more green and purple than fluorescent.

How that helps!

Attachments

• 0BCA0B57-C939-43F4-91D7-3675633990B6.jpeg
    0BCA0B57-C939-43F4-91D7-3675633990B6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
  • 4FA77587-89ED-445E-9BFA-DE1B09437670.jpeg
    4FA77587-89ED-445E-9BFA-DE1B09437670.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
Stickers
  • All are Vintage Madrid
    • Board top surface: 3D Banner
    • Board bottom surface: Explosion, early version, NOT the green Day-Glo version (top), 2" circle with "mfg" (bottom)

Does this mean it’s the yellow day-glo (/fluorescent) sticker, or it’s green and not day-glo?

Probably very inconvenient if true, but yeah I get the feeling they might have made the same mistake on the repro…

(Catching up on the day-glo lingo here, am from down under)

View attachment 1498307 View attachment 1498306

I have an original vintage sticker in my collection and yes, the green and pink color is fluorescent.

Attachments

• 20210927_140156.jpg
    20210927_140156.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 124

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back