Better Vader figure for 1/72 Bandai Tie Advanced?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JNordgren42

I just ordered a 1/72 Bandai Tie Advanced X1 since the repops seem to be getting into swing, and I want to push myself a bit in the detail category. I'm probably going to order the Green Strawberry PE set and maybe even running a few lights inside the cockpit, but I'm thinking the typical stiff (understatement of the year) posing of the Vader figure will throw things off. Has anyone found a better alternative. I've tried the usual suspects (Shapeways, Thingiverse), but no luck so far.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Analyzer

Sr Member
I repositioned the arms on the seated figures in the 1/72 Falcon by cutting/shaving them off and using greenstuff to resculpt them

I was actually going to do the same thing for Vader and the Tie Pilot as I plan on having a version where the cockpit area is on display separately from the rest of the ship

Toadmeister

Sr Member
I repositioned the arms on the seated figures in the 1/72 Falcon by cutting/shaving them off and using greenstuff to resculpt them

I was actually going to do the same thing for Vader and the Tie Pilot as I plan on having a version where the cockpit area is on display separately from the rest of the ship

Cool idea- the separate cockpit.

Once bottled up, you can’t hardly see anything inside the model from the canopy window.

I built model aircraft for many years where I spent crazy $ on aftermarket cockpits only to have them hidden away never to be seen again inside the model! Now I do just a OK effort and close up the canopies and no one has yet to notice, LoL.

JNordgren42

Cool idea- the separate cockpit.

Once bottled up, you can’t hardly see anything inside the model from the canopy window.

I built model aircraft for many years where I spent crazy $ on aftermarket cockpits only to have them hidden away never to be seen again inside the model! Now I do just a OK effort and close up the canopies and no one has yet to notice, LoL.

I received the kit in the mail over the weekend and after checking it out and doing some dry fits of the parts, I'm just going to build it stock. As you gents have observed, it's so hidden away that you really can't see the difference. I'm also going to forgo the PE set, it's just too small to worry about.

I've also come to the conclusion that I have a burgeoning plastic addiction problem. I went to get some more primer at my local hobby shop and I came home with the 1/144 U Wing set. And I just ordered the 1/144 Slave 1 from Newtype because they have them at market price instead of the inflated prices or completely out of stock I've been seeing everywhere else. At least I have stuff to keep me out of trouble for a while. ;)

Analyzer

Sr Member
I've also come to the conclusion that I have a burgeoning plastic addiction problem. I went to get some more primer at my local hobby shop and I came home with the 1/144 U Wing set. And I just ordered the 1/144 Slave 1 from Newtype because they have them at market price instead of the inflated prices or completely out of stock I've been seeing everywhere else. At least I have stuff to keep me out of trouble for a while. ;)

That sounds pars for the course :lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.