Unlimited Run Mal Reynolds Pistol - Firefly & Serenity Version (3D Printed Kit)

rgriesbeck

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update - I've switched over to a google order form to make it easier to order my kits. Simply click the link, fill out the form and send the PP. All information needed is available in the form:

theRPF Order Form for rgriesbeck

Pricing: $100 +$15 shipping to Canada or the US or $20 everywhere else

Each kit comes with all the pieces necessary to build either the TV or movie version of Mal's gun.

Pics from the new printer:

IMG_20161023_155556.jpgIMG_20161023_155604.jpg

Other kits I make:

IMG_20161023_155109.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mal Reynolds Pistol (3D Printed Kit)

Note that there are some differences between the movie and TV versions. If you do a movie version, I would be interested.

Last edited:

The version you have shown in your original photo is the QMX metal-plated version of the movie pistol. Don't take measurements off of it (or any QMX version) or you'll be off from the start.

The TV pistol was changed for the movie, including a different magazine, an additional side panel detail, a greeblie near the rear sight that looked like a button for the slide action, plus other things that were added or changed to make the gun a bit more solid because it would literally fall apart during shooting.

I think this is Robstyle's photo; one is a stunt casting of TV version and the other is the hero movie prop:
Tah9z0w.jpg

(Rob, if you want it removed, just let me know.)

I know there's some very thorough photos of the movie prop somewhere here on the board (and over at Fireflyprops.net), along with a few of the TV version as well. I would advise checking them out. If you can't find anything, I can help when I have time.

Last edited:

In for a penny In for a pound. I want one of these too. I'm In...

would the grips be separate part's? and also the knurled head screw's would they be separate? I would want to make wood grip's for mine.

would the grips be separate part's? and also the knurled head screw's would they be separate? I would want to make wood grip's for mine.

The grips would be separate, not sure about the screw...

Your other stuff is sweet, I'd be interested - do you have anything like a Model 47 as reference to compare to?

Thanks, we don't have a Model 47 to compare it to, but we do have a bunch of good screen shots and reference. I'm open to anything you or anyone would like to offer. The demand seems to be for the TV version...

Thanks, we don't have a Model 47 to compare it to, but we do have a bunch of good screen shots and reference. I'm open to anything you or anyone would like to offer. The demand seems to be for the TV version...
I personally would prefer the movie version but honestly, I'd take either one with a smile.

I'll see how things go, if the 2 big differences are the clip and one side, maybe we could do both...

There was a thread In the prop section that gave detailed measurement's of the hero gun. Do you have those?

I have some, can't remember which gun it was from, got a url? I've been so busy researching so many different guns, its all a blur :(

AFAIK, the only known (and shared) teardown photos are of the modded movie pistol after production was done. I know of other photos out there too, so just do a search and you should find them.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back