Making my custom Aragorn Andúril belt

JShakespeare

Hi all - first time posting here, but I've been lurking for many years.

I collect all full-size things LOTR & Hobbit Just wanted to share a project I completed in lockdown, the Aragorn Andúril belt! I've made belts for the strider sword, glamdring, sting, and just had to have the Andúril belt too (to properly replicate the scene where Elrond hands it over in Theodens tent)

Here are some shots!

Jamie

IMG_2228 copy.jpgIMG_2230 copy.jpgIMG_2231 copy.jpgIMG_2232 copy.jpgIMG_1810.jpgIMG_2133.jpg

Looks awesome Jamie! I ordered your parts for the Morgul dagger scabbard from Shapeways a bit ago. What do you do to finish your metal 3D printed parts? I'm assuming a series of different sanding passes.

Looks awesome Jamie! I ordered your parts for the Morgul dagger scabbard from Shapeways a bit ago. What do you do to finish your metal 3D printed parts? I'm assuming a series of different sanding passes.
Ah thank you very much!

For all the metal parts, I work my way through from coarse to fine sanding drums on my multi tool, and follow this with a polishing wheel coated in metal-go.

For my own Morgul dagger scabbard, I then gave the whole thing an ageing pass with various dremel bits to add pitting etc, then a coat of black wax, buffed back to give a feel of ageing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back