Some quick pics of my LOTR Aragorn Halloween costume :)

Thank you for the photos.
You were a true pleasure to work with.
I never had a chance to photograph the jerkin and tunic after I made them and the whole outfit is brilliant.
Some amazing craftspeople really put their heart into those pieces with the bracers, the duster, the boots, cape etc..fantastic..
I hope you two had a phenomenal time.

Shadow Duchess

<div class='quotetop'>(westies 14 @ Nov 2 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]1349500[/snapback]</div>
Thanks again, everyone. I hope to have better detail shots of each piece for review soon, as well as photos of Julie's Arwen Chase outfit. For a preview of that, you can head over to the costuming forum - Shadow Dutchess posted some images of the pewter buckle and the dress on a mannequin late last week.
[/b]

Thanks Tim! Here's one more that I just saw in the "Halloween Costumes" thread where Kurt posted it:

img2321ke8.jpg

(Kurt's in the tusken outfit)

Julie and I finally sat down to watch the Blu-Ray Extended Editions that have been sitting on my shelf for a couple months now. I think I need to re-do this costume...

- D

Hi there,

I have to reactivate this "old" but wonderful thread.

I needed some time-out from some other projects, so I decided to do something different. I found that my old ranger sword from lord of the rings needed some accessories. So I started in the direction of aragorns sword girdle.

I searched a lot for good pictures in the net and in-movie, but so far did not find a close-up of the buckle engravings. Attached a picture from my current version as accurate as possible - to the reference material I found.

Does anyone have good/better reference material available and would be willing to share?

9517-aragorn-sword-girdle-comparison-original-movie-prop.jpg

Best

Nice one! I must say, I've only focused on the pattern, not the buckle. Good call; start your own thread (it could be the only current LOTR one)

For some reason i cant see your photos in costume dude. I would love to see some photos as im putting together an Aragorn costume right now.!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back