Done / Completed Luke's *Screen Accurate* ROTJ Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero Tri-Rings (Unlimited run)

DaveP

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone,

Back in February and following my small run of finished Luke ISYHCANL hilts, I recieved quite a bit of interest regarding the tri-ring; a few people asking where I bought them from?

**Original hand-made rings:**
Tri_Ring.png
New_04.png

I had to explain that the original tri-ring was hand made, and that there didn't appear to be one available on the market that matched it's dimensions accurately (yet!).

I actually included the tri-ring as part of my modelling process when I was working out the dimensions of the Yuma/ISYHCANL prop, and recreated them by hand to the best of my ability, having worked out the length of steel rod required for each bent and straight section of the ring.

HERO_COMPARISON.jpg

Tri-Ring.gif

Mine were originally made from stainless steel, which I dulled and discoloured to look more like mild steel (the actual material). This was because I didn't want them to rust uncontrollably over time.

Because they were made by hand, using a vice and pliers, they were particularly difficult to get right. There was also a degree of variation and irregularity to them which was something that bothered me (even though the original itself is slightly irregular).

So, based on the accurate model I'd produced, I decided to design a vice jig to help make them in future:

Tri-Ring_Maker.gif

This was originally intended as an interest thread, in the hope that, if it gained enough support, I could get the jig made and offer the rings for sale on here, as well as providing them in my future runs of Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero kits.

Well, there was a LOT of interest, and I got the jig made! It's still going strong and making lovely, screen accurate Tri-Rings for anyone who wants one. :)

IMG_20200429_142237_2.jpg
20200502_093503-ANIMATION.gif

FIN_03.jpg

The price for each Tri-Ring is £7 plus postage (£2 UK Signed for 1st Class / £7 International Tracked and Signed)

They are available in screen accurate Mild Steel (which will rust over time), or Stainless Steel (which will remain shiny and new forever):

IMG_20200429_150458_2.jpg

If you'd be interested in one of these (or several), please leave a comment or get in touch via PM.

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited:
one please, s/steel, will use for a resin saber though.Thanks

Also, what diameter steel are you planning to use 4 or 5 mm?

Last edited:
Id be interested in one in mild steel ( bring on the rust :lol:)
No worries. That's technically more accurate for an up to date hero. :D
I'd be interested in one.
Awesome! Thanks(y)
one please, s/steel, will use for a resin saber though.Thanks

Also, what diameter steel are you planning to use 4 or 5 mm?
3mm is actually the correct diameter for the ring. I believe I use a 3.5 bit for the hole but I'd have to check that. In bed at the moment! :lol:
Interested
Great stuff! I'll get all your names added to the list. Cheers! (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back