lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

So I had the back Tiger Lady's leg printed for the back of the left sleeve and it came out good IMO. I used the same fabric as her obviously and had Contrado print a "sample". Here are the specifications and pictures.View attachment 1429872View attachment 1430979View attachment 1429871View attachment 1429874
I am ready to get this done using Contrado. I'd also like to get the lady on the back, and a couple other things. I was experimenting and it said the image was blurry. I saved it from this site. Is there a special way I should be doing it?

I am ready to get this done using Contrado. I'd also like to get the lady on the back, and a couple other things. I was experimenting and it said the image was blurry. I saved it from this site. Is there a special way I should be doing it?
You probably didn't download it correctly. You probably just clicked on the picture to save it. You need to open it up and then save it. An easy way to check if you did it right is after you save it, zoom in on the saved picture. If it is blurry, it was not saved correctly. It should have sharp details when you zoom in.

Hey guys, this person on eBay has more of the flaming hot head vintage patch avaliable.

I bought 1 as it said only 1 left, then they posted another after an hour which I bought as I'm making 2 jackets, then they put more up. I asked how many they have which is 7, so likely 3-4 left. I've seen an influx of this patch pop up on eBay and Etsy, I believe the single one is the same seller as on Etsy, but here is one mixed in with a job lot that is still up for grabs, seems like they have 4 sets avaliable but it looks like a reproduction version as the eye sockets have more yellow inside. Grab a vintage one while you can!

1644632555536.png

1644632921193.png

Contrado does sample runs for $9. I'm having the black and white skull and the anarchy patch made on 14.7 oz. canvas. The swatches are 8"X5.75" so I scaled down the image on their app to what I felt was close to 4"X6" (we'll see if it works) ;) If they work then I will have the patches sewn with the " overlock" stitching at my local taylor. I will post an update when I get them.
Also, I'm having the flamming skull made and paying the digitizing fee for the set up if anyone else wants one from popcouturecrafts. I'm having the flamming skull patch made at 5" wide X 3" tall, I think that is close to the correct size judging by the pictures.
View attachment 1342838View attachment 1342837View attachment 1342836View attachment 1342835
Contrado is currently out of the 14.75 oz canvas. Darn it!

Hey guys, this person on eBay has more of the flaming hot head vintage patch avaliable.

I bought 1 as it said only 1 left, then they posted another after an hour which I bought as I'm making 2 jackets, then they put more up. I asked how many they have which is 7, so likely 3-4 left. I've seen an influx of this patch pop up on eBay and Etsy, I believe the single one is the same seller as on Etsy, but here is one mixed in with a job lot that is still up for grabs, seems like they have 4 sets avaliable but it looks like a reproduction version as the eye sockets have more yellow inside. Grab a vintage one while you can!

View attachment 1545582

View attachment 1545583
There are two versions, possibly three of that patch and they are vintage and legit. I had SweetlySynD make one and you can buy it for $8
Screenshot_20220212-215113_Chrome.jpg
icm_fullxfull.357446981_ddz3qd1mhxwsow0o40ck.jpg
iap_640x640.3253207553_cpjdtyfx.jpg

Ah, I didn't know that.
The reason why is if someone was watching that, they're not going to be happy you told other people and possibly causing the price to go alot more. A little patch like that is not a big deal, but if it was a more expensive rare item you could see how that would cause some major strife on the board. That's how come they made that rule. If I know someone is looking for something specific and I find it, I'll just PM them the info.

There are two versions, possibly three of that patch and they are vintage and legit. I had SweetlySynD make one and you can buy it for $8

I believe the etsy seller is the same as the ebay as they list the same patches (though I could be wrong) so I avoided etsy in case I bought off ebay and it was sold out, but judging from my post I looks like the ebayer has sold more as they updated their photos with more worn ones haha there should be about 2 left since they said they had 7 altogether

I understand that there maybe a few versions (such as the tapestries that was updated from the 50's in the 80's) but the one off ebay is more accurate and the one I prefer as its meant to resemble this

il_500x500.1264299021_9kt9.jpg

I'm sure everyone knows but vintage patches have the 'merrowed edging' but some reproduction ones are tatami stitch borders then cut around so if any are getting reproduced (which I have done too) just make sure that's what you order so it resembles a little more closely to other patches

I believe the etsy seller is the same as the ebay as they list the same patches (though I could be wrong) so I avoided etsy in case I bought off ebay and it was sold out, but judging from my post I looks like the ebayer has sold more as they updated their photos with more worn ones haha there should be about 2 left since they said they had 7 altogether

I understand that there maybe a few versions (such as the tapestries that was updated from the 50's in the 80's) but the one off ebay is more accurate and the one I prefer as its meant to resemble this

View attachment 1546047

I'm sure everyone knows but vintage patches have the 'merrowed edging' but some reproduction ones are tatami stitch borders then cut around so if any are getting reproduced (which I have done too) just make sure that's what you order so it resembles a little more closely to other patches
I agree, I like the one on ebay better too, that's why I had SweetlySynD reproduce that style. I believe the one on ebay is a real vintage, and If it is a repro they did an amazing job reproducing it. The quality appears to be very good.The one on etsy is real too, and I agree it's my lesser favorite of the two. The sizes of the patches very as well. Typical they're 3" but I've seen them larger too. Like 3-1/4" to maybe 3-3/8". The one on the jacket that Alex Winter wears on screen looks bigger than 3" from studying the pictures up close.

Ok, here's something I put together to help others with identifying Items and with Placement. These pics I believe are of Vinny's Jacket from the MyProps site. This is accurate to the Screen Worn Hero Jacket as best that I've been able to determine...

The only thing I think I forget to point out is that the Collar is from the Snake Lady Tapestry.

Of course the Patches themselves are a whole other topic, but I intend to tackle that too, later...
This is amazing. Thank you! And I just realized that I only have one of the matador tapestries. I didn't think I needed both. Oh man.

This is amazing. Thank you! And I just realized that I only have one of the matador tapestries. I didn't think I needed both. Oh man.
"Technically" there doesn't need to be 2 BUT you do need the one with the bull facing to the right. Some jackets use one, some use both, but they ALL use the one with the bull facing to the right because of the piece that goes on the right sleeve.

"Technically" there doesn't need to be 2 BUT you do need the one with the bull facing to the right. Some jackets use one, some use both, but they ALL use the one with the bull facing to the right because of the piece that goes on the right sleeve.
This one is the one I bought.

Attachments

• matador.jpg
    matador.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 119
Anyone looking for a base jacket the Gap has one that is EXCELLENT. Correct two tone black denim and proper sizing. I have a vintage black levis and it's almost identical. They are regularly like $79 but are on sale for $55. I picked one up for a friend and prepped it for her and it came out awesome. The other brands like Levi's are now made with crappy inaccurate fabric, this Gap jacket is correct like the older jackets.View attachment 1511694View attachment 1511695
For anyone who has made this, when working on the patches, do they hang a little past the bottom and the bottom of the sleeves? Or do they meet up with the frayed parts? If this has been answered, I apologize, but I've gone through all the pages so many times I think I'm going blind. LOL and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Thank you.

For anyone who has made this, when working on the patches, do they hang a little past the bottom and the bottom of the sleeves? Or do they meet up with the frayed parts? If this has been answered, I apologize, but I've gone through all the pages so many times I think I'm going blind. LOL and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Thank you.
Yes they hang over ALOT. I didn't do it as much on my jacket because I really don't like how much they hang over. Instead of going back looking over pictures, you should save them to your phone. There are 4 jackets I would study, Marko's screen jacket, the Hero, the Stunt, and Vinnytats(his is the best replica I have seen and the only fan made jacket I would go off). All four jackets are different, so make your own assumptions.
The-Lost-Boys--Marko-jacket-replica-4.jpg
2 - Made By Susan Becker.jpg
375509_398453040232496_196787018_n.png

Last edited:
Yes they hang over ALOT. I didn't do it as much on my jacket because I really don't like how much they hang over. Instead of going back looking over pictures, you should save them to your phone. There are 4 jackets I would study, Marko's screen jacket, the Hero, the Stunt, and Vinnytats(his is the best replica I have seen and the only fan made jacket I would go off). All four jackets are different, so make your own assumptions.View attachment 1551365View attachment 1551379View attachment 1551388
I have all the pictures saved, but it's still hard to tell. It looks like they hang over in some areas and not in others.

I have all the pictures saved, but it's still hard to tell. It looks like they hang over in some areas and not in others.
It would be pretty much impossible to make an exact replica. Even the Vinnytats jacket, as awesome as it is, has MANY things I could point out that are not correct. BUT there are many things that are right and I think he really nailed it. The most obvious would be the incorrect repo patches. All the jackets are different, and you cannot see all the jackets in their entirety, so your left with trying to look at them all to get an idea. Like I said, I didn't like that the movie jackets patches hung over so much so hung mine over a little less.
Don't sweat the small stuff, take your time, and most importantly try to have fun. BTW I'm now working on a 3rd one

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back