Lindelof Star Wars film

ZING!

In all seriousness, though, he long ago went back to his little indie-sphere, and has just been saying his trilogy was “in development” while probably also knowing it wouldn’t happen. He clearly already did what he set out to do, and will remain unrepentant.
Social media went BONKERS for the 5 year anniv. of TLJ a little while ago. If they were testing the waters, all they found was piss and vinegar.

I liked that it outed who was willing to whore out their sites, so, I knew who to block.

I used to not mind the occasional TLJ post, but social media went shameless BONKERS.

Social media went BONKERS for the 5 year anniv. of TLJ a little while ago. If they were testing the waters, all they found was piss and vinegar.

I liked that it outed who was willing to whore out their sites, so, I knew who to block.

I used to not mind the occasional TLJ post, but social media went shameless BONKERS.
It is entirely possible that TLG might be more popular than you give it credit for. There are bound to be fans who aren't that active on social media and the members here only represent a tiny percentage of fans and people who are just very casual Star Wars fans. I also think that a lof of people who might have truly enjoyed all 3 sequels are just not old to be very active on social media and talking about Star Wars specifically. You have to remember that while a lot of the fans who grew up with the OT didn't particularly care for the PT, yet decades later, the kids who grew up with the PT love it & regard it as their Star Wars. I'm fairly certain that all of the little kids of today who are growing up with the ST will feel the same way when they get older, because it's what they grew up with it will be their Star Wars.

That film is arguably the dividing line between where pop culture was and where it's gone since. A lot of people have gone all-in with it as their chosen hill to die upon.

It is entirely possible that TLG might be more popular than you give it credit for. There are bound to be fans who aren't that active on social media and the members here only represent a tiny percentage of fans and people who are just very casual Star Wars fans. I also think that a lof of people who might have truly enjoyed all 3 sequels are just not old to be very active on social media and talking about Star Wars specifically. You have to remember that while a lot of the fans who grew up with the OT didn't particularly care for the PT, yet decades later, the kids who grew up with the PT love it & regard it as their Star Wars. I'm fairly certain that all of the little kids of today who are growing up with the ST will feel the same way when they get older, because it's what they grew up with it will be their Star Wars.

This is a very different ballgame. Like learning to appreciate your vegetables as you become an adult vs. still eating tons of sugary snacks.

The Disney movies are empty calories and sugary snacks with no nutritional value. Most kids-turned-adults will leave them behind, in the years to come.

TLJ really divided the base. I totally agree with that.

But then deleting droves of negative fan reviews and modifying the weight of critics' reviews --who were bribed with "access"-- is pretty telling that the movie was not well received.

Some folks *loved* it, but a discussion about what there was to love usually resulted in being called a "phobe" or H8'er; the telltale sign that they didn't have a valid reason.

Rian selfishly made a movie from a popular franchise totally for himself.

I remember someone reviewed TLJ 100%. Seriously?!?!

Revised earning expectations as well.

this is all a dead horse

The recent social media push and teasing about Rian getting more movies was very forced (no pun intended). The media acted like everyone was already on board, they discovered otherwise.

TLJ was the linch pin, the chink in the armor that started the fall of (what should have been) bulletproof Star Wars.

I dont see how anyone could disagree with that.

We still play the Danger Mouse intro and sing, "Mar-ry Sue," instead Of "Danger Mouse."

OoooOOOOoooopppps.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I had a complete list of preemptive and petty nitpicks and “Round-Headed Puns” built up in preparation for the release of Rian’s opus! I was ready to go the moment that the first trailer dropped…

What am I to do?? You tell me—what am I to do….??

I will cry bitter tears into my pillow as the gravity of this announcement sinks in.

I need to check the news…for all I know, I may be slated to produce the next Star Wars movie. They are running out of people in Hollywood, after all…

495481F0-E9D8-4137-AB3D-6F025CFDF629.jpeg

What happend to TW's star wars film? Seems like they just stopped talking about it. Wonder if the last Thor flop impacted that. All the cancelled star wars directors should get together and make a movie about how they all got cancelled from their projects. They could call it Order 66

Breaking news!

Mike Zeroh has been hired to write and direct a yet untitled Star Wars trilogy and mini series exclusive to Disney+

Filming is reported to begin Q4 of 2024 on their fiscal calendar and due to premiere February 1st 2025.

Casting announcements to follow...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back