Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Congratulations on your purchases. Being totally kit bonkers is great isn't it? :love

On a more minor note I've finally scored a Bandai 1/48 8ton which has been eluding me for ages. Just need to find a Nichimo 1/35 elefant next! As far as the 1/24 Panther, I can't see I'll ever be able to afford that. Too many weighter wallets out there I fear.

However, I'll gladly pay one of you fine fellows for a set of casts if anyone with one is game to do them, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would need them? -with Jason and Mike's Sealab project, getting the big Panther nailed should mean I can scrape togther the rest of the kits I need.

Nick

Oh damn if I'd known I could have put you onto a nice bloke I've been dealing with in Baltimore, he'd got one. I've already started making moulds for the Panther parts, by the way. In subassemblies where possible, e.g. the Panther/Ladder Chief piece for the side of the port mandible, and the engine/gun blocks at the front of the mandible. Got you covered.

Stu, yes, critics pan it for accuracy but for size and presence it can't be beaten. I will definitely build it some day. I scored it for $271 including shipping to Australia...so for PRICE it can't be beaten, either.

Nick, my kit-buying world view has been completely nuked and rebuilt by this project. I don't blink an eye at things any more. Need it? Grab it. Buy It Now wherever possible. Etc. No agonising - I made that decision going in, that I wouldn't agonise.

I think Iv'e secured the Bandai 1/24th M60A1 & King Tiger as well, this month is gonna kill my wallet:cry. I know the KT may/may not be a donor, but it's too good a chance to pass by.

Martyn, $271 was a good deal mate, especially with shipping incl. Lets just say I paid a wee bit more for mine, ahem:rolleyes

Found this part this afternoon, highlighted in blue, from the Esci/Dragon/Revell 1/9th Kettenkraftrad. Not sure if it's been found to my knowledge before, but feel free to growl at me if so:lol.

Thanks to Guy or Martyn for the pic (sorry, not sure who's it is)
Stu

Last edited:
I've made my first casts of the Sealab. Learning as I go and I seem to be working out okay. It's fun! No really! I should have some docking rings to show in a month or two.

I've also been buying one kit per week for the mandibles. Got my 8ton last week too, Nick! I'm 3D modeling in scale as I go, so when I'm done, I should a pretty accurate hull. I have a plan for how to go in order by section!

Craig

Those sealab casts look great Craig, looking forward to seeing the docking rings done, best looking areas of the Falcon IMO.

I lost out on the 8ton very recently, I'll bet it was either you mate or Nick. Darn robbers:behave.
Stu

Hi Stu,

How are you doing thesedays?

I looked at the red-lined part and it was used from Tamiya 1/35 Hanomag.
I hope it makes any help to ID the donor kits. :)

thanks Eric.

I think Iv'e secured the Bandai 1/24th M60A1 & King Tiger as well, this month is gonna kill my wallet:cry. I know the KT may/may not be a donor, but it's too good a chance to pass by.

Martyn, $271 was a good deal mate, especially with shipping incl. Lets just say I paid a wee bit more for mine, ahem:rolleyes

Found this part this afternoon, highlighted in blue, from the Esci/Dragon/Revell 1/9th Kettenkraftrad. Not sure if it's been found to my knowledge before, but feel free to growl at me if so:lol.

Thanks to Guy or Martyn for the pic (sorry, not sure who's it is)
Stu

Hi Stu,

How are you doing thesedays?

I looked at the red-lined part and it was used from Tamiya 1/35 Hanomag.
I hope it makes any help to ID the donor kits. :)

thanks Eric.

Hey Eric, doing just fine thanks, how are you & how's that awesome Sandcrawler coming along?. Must be in paint by now mate, any piccies?.

Yeah, the Hanomag part is well known now, the Kettenkraftrad part I found sits under the Hanomag part slightly but mostly forward.
Stu

I'm not sure but, but the 5 foot falcon is the one that was shown on the were science meets imagination exhibition.
Right?
If yes here a some pics I took at the show.

Link

Thanks!
Im glad u like them.
The guys at the exhibition were really nice.
The even allowed me to use the camara flash.
Unfortunately I had only 1 hour to take all the pics sins we
had to catch our plane.
So I had no time to actually enjoy all these nice models. :(

Ohmigod! That's the hardest area to shoot - I failed totally. THANK YOU!

Stu - do you want me to put you on to my seller? He's got an SdKfz7 for sale.

Yeah, that would be great for the 8ton Martyn, thanks mate.:)

Flixen, many thanks for the pics, they are just the ticket for some harder to see areas, well done.
Stu

Last edited:
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the cover on the 1/24 Panther, though Stu has just reminded me about the 1/24 M60 which falls into the same category! :cryany chance I can buy a job lot off you??

Flixen, thanks so much for sharing your pictures. They are really fantastic and provide great coverage of hard to reach areas. You clearly know what you're doing with a camera!

Cheers
Nick

Does anyone have a thought as to what these might be? I've been looking at battleships but don't have many of the larger scale kits yet. It was also probably a kit used early on since the dish came from the Blockade Runner.

Craig

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back