Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

sorry guys my mistake i dont know how but when I found the TRU link on google it ended up being the Canadian version as when I got to check out it only let me ship to Canada so I switched over to the U.S version and unfortunate it does not show up so I gave TRU support a call and it seems that they are not avalible for pre order on the U.S site YET. So bummer but good news for you guys in Canada lol

sorry guys my mistake i dont know how but when I found the TRU link on google it ended up being the Canadian version as when I got to check out it only let me ship to Canada so I switched over to the U.S version and unfortunate it does not show up so I gave TRU support a call and it seems that they are not avalible for pre order on the U.S site YET. So bummer but good news for you guys in Canada lol

Thank you for the heads up, I was able to place one on order. I hope the U.S. site gets them soon for you.

I too picked up the Disney Kylo, and removed the blades. I'm happy with it for now, until someone does a metal run. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441595690.644126.jpg

Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Kylo-Ren.jpg

look closely at his hands in the EW cover pic it doesn't look like they fully close around the hilt, I wonder if the Force FX saber is actually over sized at all. I wonder if the saber seen at celebration is a smaller stunt/dueling saber and made to be more comfortable to wield.

I was actually wondering the same thing, if you look at the side blade emitters too they look quite thick by comparison in that picture to the one from celebration.

I dont know, the size comparison to his hand in these shots and the grip he has on it just makes the whole thing look a heck of a lot thinner than the FX. The first is from the teaser, second from inside EW photo. I couldnt get a grip on the FX anywhere close to this. In the second pic you can see his thumb and index finger are almost touching, he has a tighter grip on it than the cover photo.

kylo1.jpgkylo3.jpg

I think Im going to do the conversion, any ideas on what LED he used in the main blade? Looks like he just re-used the side LEDs on it.

I dont know, the size comparison to his hand in these shots and the grip he has on it just makes the whole thing look a heck of a lot thinner than the FX. The first is from the teaser, second from inside EW photo. I couldnt get a grip on the FX anywhere close to this.

You have to remember Adam is 6'3 with gigantic hands. I'm not saying the Force FX isn't off.. I really believe it is. Comparing our own hands to his just doesn't work IMO.

Screen-Shot-2013-04-01-at-12.29.40-PM.png

Also the Force Fx could be based on the yet unseen Hero prop, the pics from the trailer where it's being used would probably be a smaller stunt hilt so that it's more comfortable to grip. Guess we'll know in a few months.

I was thinking about getting the black series saber and found one today but passed after seeing the Disney store saber. For a small amount of money the Disney store saber is pretty accurate to the pics we have seen. I like the textured blade on it too. So until anovos or efx makes a hilt replica this works for me.

I'm going to gamble and wait until the movie comes out before I get one -- just in case the movie disappoints. Also, I usually get an Amazon gift card for Christmas so maybe they'll have them in stock by the time I decide to pull the trigger.

Cool saber, either way.

For those of you waiting for a metal run, there's already one going in the project runs forum

Korbanth's looks good, but it's too thin, too long has no 'hole', side emitters are too long and no pommel detail.

It's a metal alternative for sure, but not as accurate as I'd like for the price tag.

Can anyone confirm an actual wire on the Disney, or is it molded?

Anovos doesn't make props and if EFX does one you'll be lucky to see it by the time Episode IX comes out.

Sadly yes.:( But I bet a factory will make a new line of metalsaberprops for the new movies...one day in the galaxy...:lol

- - - Updated - - -

I too picked up the Disney Kylo, and removed the blades. I'm happy with it for now, until someone does a metal run. View attachment 525344

That look very good next to the other sabers.Perhaps I will do the same with mine.But first I will repaint it.;)

Korbanth's looks good, but it's too thin, too long has no 'hole', side emitters are too long and no pommel detail.

It's a metal alternative for sure, but not as accurate as I'd like for the price tag.

Can anyone confirm an actual wire on the Disney, or is it molded?

I actually don't think it's long enough.

Can some one here that was lucky enough to grab a Force Fx saber take pictures of all 6 sides of the batery holder hexagon? I want to update the 3 d model I made with the detail from that piece.

Thanks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back