Unlimited Run Jurassic Park John Hammond Cane

awol007

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First 15 Sold At Discounted Price (I'm doing this run to upgrade the power in my shop so i'm offering this run starting at a discount)

Spare no expense and get yourself a nice sturdy John Hammond Jurassic Park cane. Handmade out of hardwood. Comes complete with your very own bug (no guarantees of Dino DNA).

This is version 3 of my cane.
Original Run: Unlimited Run - Jurassic Park - John Hammond Hardwood Cane
Build Thread: Jurassic Park John Hammond Cane
Imgur Gallery: Jurassic Park John Hammond Cane (pictures also below)

Features:
  • Handmade, not printed
  • Hardwood construction, turned on a lathe
  • Perfect for a con to walk around with
  • Functional cane (lean all you want it probably won't break)
  • Real crane fly in resin Amber
  • Rubber foot to match the original and add stability
  • 36" standard but can customize to your height

Options:
  • Are you taller or shorter and have a specific cane size in mind? No problemo, I'll custom make it to your dimensions.

FAQ:

Cane Price:
The first 15 are $115 (an RPF special)
After the first 15 it will go up to $140

Pictures:
3N9kTYGm.jpg
x25puCGm.jpg

qTpPqIkm.jpg
hCH3TSIm.jpg

d7hbnpQm.jpg

Some amber examples:
n9zv8Jkm.jpg
5qgKR9Sm.jpg
GBRlXPDm.jpg

Just received mine

Looks fantastic!

Weathering job is great, looks exactly like an old Dino bone.

Fly looks great as well!!

Really sorry for the delays on a couple of these. I've been trying to work on some improvements on them like adding a metal rod for support down the shaft and reworking the egg slightly. The couple that are left are going out this week.

I've also been working on a version that can split into three pieces and then screwed back together. For easy packing. This version was made because I've been having an issue sending one to Germany and I keep getting it returned with a box size issue. But it seems to be pretty stable and can take all my weight which is good.

Anyway, sorry the couple still waiting on there. Expect it first part of next week.

The seller has become a scammer. Don't go to his website, do not make any purchases from him anywhere, he does not respond to emails, if he does provide a tracking number it will never be updated because it's all a scam.

This is false. Sorry I would have replied earlier but Taptalk just notified me with this last message and I didn't know about this until now.

He is definitely correct in that he didn't receive his order it seems. I had it marked that it shipped back in November. Honestly I'm not sure why it didn't ship and that is what I told him earlier today after he let me know today that he didn't get it. He emailed me today and I replied to him within 30 minutes. I definitely did not ignore him and I think 30 to 60 minute response to an email should be acceptable. The email I received from him was at 4:23 his post here was at 4:50.

Yes, in December alone I've shipped over 50 canes and gear shifters. I have 4 going out tomorrow. Of the Christmas orders I've received 2 return, reshipped 4 because of a defect or breaking along the way and still have some back orders I'm getting out.

Yes, I'm not always the fastest for sure and I definitely understand his frustration because I want my stuff asap too. I'm sure it's also my fault it didn't arrive for this individual and my error that I had it marked as shipped but I only learned today that it didnt, I replied to him in a timely manner and when I replied to him I offered a refund if he'd prefer that.

So to call me a scammer isn't fair at all. Or to say I don't reply to emails is also unfair. I have not scammed anyone on here, on eBay or on my store. Period. I have f'ed up order before for sure but I've always tried to make it right.

So, in saying all that. Know that I did indeed reply to this individual after he emailed me alerting me to his issue AND I'm not a scammer :)

Edit:
Also, full disclosure. I do have one open RPF order. I actually sent it to this individual twice already but both times I've had it returned. The reason is because it's a German order and what I figured out last time was that it was over 27" long in the package and that was why it wouldn't go in (according the post office and they didn't give me any more details besides that). So in his case I custom built a "travel" version of the cane (it comes apart in three pieces and reconnects but is surprisingly still super strong). Sent him the pics to make sure he was cool with the changes too. Getting ready to ship it out this week. That would close the RPF orders so if there is one out there that I don't know about please chime in. :)

Last edited:
I am, but I'm about a week behind right now. Also, I actually make a version now with a metal rod down the center (looks the same) just to add stability. And I also make 5 different sizes (30, 32, 34, 36 and 38). 36 is the standard. I make the different size because some people are using it as an actual walking aid which is cool.

But I'll keep the price still the same here: $115, choose your size let me know if you want the rod or not.

Also, as a follow-up the user above who posted that I'm a scammer hasn't replied to my email yet from earlier today but I plan on sending him his cane tomorrow.

Have a good one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back