Limited Run John Hammond Bone Cane (Made out of real bone)

awol007

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a realistic John Hammond cane. It's more to the spirit of the story behind the cane. The cane segments in the movie are supposed to be Dino vertebrae. So I designed one with real bone (details below).

I'm going to make a new one for myself so I thought I would see if anyone else wanted one. Mine is still functioning just fine, I just want one a little bit longer. See pics below.

The original build thread can be located here.

I'm also including updated pics of what the original cane looks like today (the natural weathering process.) It was first made 4 years ago so this how it weathered over time. Honestly, I like the yellow hues it added just like the movie cane. Pics below as well.

Cane Facts:
  • Weight: 1lb 6oz
  • Width: 1 1/4" at its widest point.
  • Length: you can order 34, 36 and 38" lengths just let me know when you order. The length is the total length of the cane including the amber. If you're wonder about length, I'm 6' and use the 34" one just fine, but I personally like 36" better. If you're over 6'3" I'd go 38". The original movie cane was 34".
  • It will be slightly tampered to the bottom.
  • Amber: The cane will have amber resin with a real crane fly inside.
  • If you'd like to pick your amber let me know. All the amber is different because they are real bugs so they vary slightly. But if you'd like, I'll give you choices to choose from before it's attached to the cane.
  • The segments are made from antler. The antler is sources from a company who only sells antler that is shed.
  • There is a black cane foot on the bottom.
  • This can be used as a real cane. It will support weight. It's strong and I've used mine for years and never had a problem.
  • The cane will not be artificially weathered but the bone honestly does that for you. There is a bunch of color texture in it. Check out the pics.
  • The cane will be sealed

Run Details
  • Limited to 10 only
  • $245 (shipping is already included in the price for the US)
  • Shipping International: Let me know your address and I'll get a shipping quote for you.
  • Paypal: alan.washington@gmail.com
  • Delivery by end of September (if you need it sooner let me know and I'll see what I can do)
  • Probably leave this up for a week so I can order all the supplies at once. So if it doesn't reach 10 I'll close it then.

Cane Pics (cane in the pics is the 34" version)

IMG_20190526_122431~2.jpg IMG_20190526_122549~2.jpg IMG_20190526_122557~2.jpg

Weathered Pics (how it has weathered after 4 years)

20230813_180245.jpg 20230813_180301.jpg 20230813_180209.jpg

List
  1. Steven Nedry 34" - Shipped
  2. gregday 34" - Shipped
  3. justy 34"
  4. gregroe 38"
  5. Hocky 34"
  6. Indy Magnoli 34"
  7. Harrison4257 34"
  8. shpider 38"
  9. Rik1138 36"
  10. ecojedi83 34"

Last edited:
Write me up! :) Been looking for one for a while now and with real bone, that is just amazing! I agree that imo the real cane would be made out of real dino bones. I would like the weathered version.
For me international shipping, end of September would be great.

Ok, I got a couple stragglers after I closed this so I'll re-open it until Sunday. Reach out to me with your address please.

Ok, I got a couple stragglers after I closed this so I'll re-open it until Sunday. Reach out to me with your address please.
interested to be put on list.
I am in the uk.
We spoke a couple of years ago about the antler version
Is there any restrictions on sending a cane to the uk?

I'm not aware of any restrictions. I just mark the customs papers as cane. DM me your address and I'll get you a shipping quote. Thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back